listing side by side mods

rebar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2011
iowa
Thanks folks, but still to big for me because it would be replacing a Juul I used at work..

I like the layout and size of the iStick Pico Baby. SBS layout and glass tank. Nothing bad about the included 16.5 mm GS Baby tank, but I wonder if it performs as well as the nautilus..

And after researching the GSA series of tanks, the only disadvantage to the kit is the non adjustable voltage, so I bought a few considering they are only $16 a pop..

Last edited:
Reactions: ShowMeTwice

Tor R

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 4, 2020
    Mandal, Norway
    www.kinnheia.com
    GREAT little mods. I and others wish they were still in production.
    I have a couple of small ones, the ideal one that they produced that took about 19mm atty is also gone.

Actually all of the small sbs are gone, too bad no one makes anything for 19 or less attys, there are good attys like FeV vs dual, KHW Dvarw 16 RTA and Kayfun Mini v3. Have all those attys, need to make mods for them :oops:

The only SBS that I know of is TEK. :thumb:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I have a couple of small ones, the ideal one that they produced that took about 19mm atty is also gone.

Actually all of the small sbs are gone, too bad no one makes anything for 19 or less attys, there are good attys like FeV vs dual, KHW Dvarw 16 RTA and Kayfun Mini v3. Have all those attys, need to make mods for them :oops:

The only SBS that I know of is TEK. :thumb:

My favorite was the 40w one, which was 22mm, but everything we do is subjective, so I've always been thrilled that there was SO MUCH to choose from. Soon, I expect, it will more closely resemble smoking than today's vaping in the Options area. SO sad.

I still have one of the 70w ones, but I've never even fired it up. For some reason they decided that unregulated was the way to go. Not for me so it's still in a box.

I also agree that I only of TEK's 19mm one. Given the fact that a new SbS comes out every 22 minutes, it would be reasonable to expect that someone else might have (or will) do another 19mm option. C'mon modders... ;)

:pop:

rebar

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 21, 2011
    iowa
    My favorite was the 40w one, which was 22mm, but everything we do is subjective, so I've always been thrilled that there was SO MUCH to choose from. Soon, I expect, it will more closely resemble smoking than today's vaping in the Options area. SO sad.

I still have one of the 70w ones, but I've never even fired it up. For some reason they decided that unregulated was the way to go. Not for me so it's still in a box.

I also agree that I only of TEK's 19mm one. Given the fact that a new SbS comes out every 22 minutes, it would be reasonable to expect that someone else might have (or will) do another 19mm option. C'mon modders... ;)

:pop:

Thanks..
    I received my baby pico's, and I like them. One quirk with the SS and glass GS baby tank because it's bottom fill, but the magnet releases the tank in a second. Like I mentioned, the pico baby's voltage is non adjustable, but combined with the .7 ohm GS air atomizer, it vapes great. A little cooler vape towards the end of the battery life, but the LED tells you when its time to recharge.

Anyway, I got what I wanted and I'm happy.

IMG_1623.JPG

Last edited:

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    HA! You didn't tell us you BOUGHT it! I figured you were just pumpin' the classy.

VERY nice, SMT, CONGRATS!!! :thumbs:
    Thanks DP!!!

I jumped on it within minutes of it being listed. Been on the lookout for one. Missed out getting one via FB a while back... by one lousy minute. That hurt!!! :greengrin: Fakirs Mods gear rarely gets posted on the secondary market. The couple times I've seen one of their mods up for sale on FB they always got snagged in the blink of an eye. :blink:

I'm very happy to finally have one.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    Thanks DP!!!

I jumped on it within minutes of it being listed. Been on the lookout for one. Missed out getting one via FB a while back... by one lousy minute. That hurt!!! :greengrin: Fakirs Mods gear rarely gets posted on the secondary market. The couple times I've seen one of their mods up for sale on FB they always got snagged in the blink of an eye. :blink:

I'm very happy to finally have one.

His reputation is certainly sparkling and I've never seen anything the could even remotely dispute that fact. Heckuva mod and HECK of a deal (you got)!!!

:vapor::banana:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Ok guys. I had an Aster RT that I absolutely loved. I recently fried it in several inches of water. I need another one (yeah, fat chance as they're not made any more). What's out there that's similar and protects the tank?
    Bummer about your Aster drowning. :(

If you are not opposed to buying from overseas I found some in Malta. They ship to the USA. I've bought a lot of gear over the years from Europe and never had any problems.

Switch eCig has the Eleaf Aster RT -- in black and silver -- in-stock for €54.95 ($53.24 USD).

I would consider snagging a few while you still can.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    @retired1 found more Aster’s…

VapStore in Germany has them in-stock but I do not know if they ship to the US.

FlavorDust in Italy has them in-stock. Don’t know if they ship to the US.

ETA: Removed the info for dxvape.com - per JCinFLA "I wouldn't even consider placing an order from dxvape.com."

Last edited:

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Ok guys. I had an Aster RT that I absolutely loved. I recently fried it in several inches of water. I need another one (yeah, fat chance as they're not made any more).
    Someone else to ask is @JCinFLA - she always knows where to find gear and deals.

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    That mod was the Holy Grail for one member here (not sure if he's even still around). I wonder if he knows about all the options. He's probably got one by now anyway, I suspect.

I think he's gone (but is well known in the SbS market). Mr. Hummingbird.

retired1

Administrator
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    Texas
    ETA: Removed the info for dxvape.com - per JCinFLA "I wouldn't even consider placing an order from dxvape.com."
    That's disappointing as the prices were decent. It doesn't have to be an Aster. If there's something else out there that protects the tank like an Aster does, I'd be willing to check it out.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    That's disappointing as the prices were decent. It doesn't have to be an Aster. If there's something else out there that protects the tank like an Aster does, I'd be willing to check it out.
    The SXK Supbox 70W has excellent reviews. The SBS cage, shown below, comes in the kit. @Pigs has one, perhaps he might post his thoughts on how he's gotten on with his.
    proxy.jpg

proxy-1.jpg

Currently there isn't much out there that offers a protective cage for tanks. SBS mods are still very popular but most do not have protective cages. Sunbox has the Zero Nega 2 but those are pricey and I don't know if they're even available anymore.

One of the SBS's I like a lot is the Aspire Mixx (I have a few). They are built like WWII battleships (CNC'ed aluminum body + stainless steel). The Mixx does not have a protective cage.

FWIW, my German Shepherd has launched mine off a living room table with her tail several times and my cat likes knocking it on it's side. None of my RTA's were damaged and the Mixx was fine.

For reference here is one of mine...
    IMG_1207cr.jpg

The Mixx will take a tank up to 24mm. My pic has a 22mm KFL19 on it (leaving a 2mm buffer).

IMG_1208cr.jpg

Close-up. There is an additional 2mm. Kinda tough to see because the KFL19 is flared at the base by about 0.5mm.

There are other SBS mods if you are willing to forgo the protective cage. Many are hard to find in the US since the PACT Act went into effect.

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US

Users who are viewing this thread