little extra kick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
So, ive been vapping 24mg for almost 2 months now. i got some 36mg juice for the tough spots, well ive been vaping the 36mg for a week now (all juices i order are 70pg/30vg) and ive got a couple sores in my mouth, im thinking the nic has burned my mouth? it doesn't seem high enough from what ive read, maybe something i ate. its only 2 spots and they are healing. with the 36 i can feel the "tingle" in my mouth and throat of the nic absorbing. maybe i should not chain-vape 36. haha sounds like a simple enough remedy. good day all and happy vapping

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
There are two possible causes here.

One is the nicotine. This is especially likely if you've been getting a bit of juice in your mouth (which most people do frequently when they first start vaping).

Try dropping back to 24mg as much as you can. Or, if you have the same or complementary flavors in 24mg and 36mg, try mixing them together to get a happy medium.

Check carefully to make sure you are not overfilling your cart/cartomizer/atomizer before you start vaping it, and take long, slow, gentle drag to reduce the chances of juice going into your mouth.

If this doesn't help, the other possible cause is a mild sensitivity to PG. Try getting some 100%VG juice, and see if that helps.

Also, in either case, drink LOTS of water. Vaping can dry out your mucous membranes, and this can lead to sores - especially if you are someone who gets canker sores from time to time anyway (canker sores are inside the mouth, usually on the inside of your cheeks - gurgling with baking soda and water can help ease discomfort of canker sores).

Randybu80

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
Sonora, California, United States
hmm, well thank you so much for all the advise, i have a problem with not getting enough water to start with, I drink about a pot of strong coffee a day so im already starting out in the negative as far as consumption of h20 goes, ugh can i just carry a saline drip haha its safe to say ive vapper over 100ml of juice in the time since i started with this lovely hobby (yes its a hobby not an obsession) it could just be coincidense of the sores and the 36mg. and yeah its just like a canker sore on the inside of my cheek below my teeth. ever since my second order of juice its been 70pg/30vg without any issues, and my flavors are usually the coffee or vanillia type. ok so ill start sucking down the water. thank you
btw ~ mistress nomad i love your vids

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Thank you. :)

Well, if you aren't taking in enough water than that could very easily be making you more susceptible to sores. Just have a bottle of water with you all the time. That's what I do, and I too drink a lot of coffee. :) I just alternate sips from both.

Also may try rinsing with mouthwash one extra time a day. Cut back on spicy foods, and if you are someone who tends to nibble at your lips or the inside of your mouth, try to avoid doing that as well. All of those things can help prevent canker sores.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread