Lol accidentally discovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
I've actually been researching squonking. I've also been building a little I got a few pre made coils and some cotton bacon. Been trying different things with a tobh v2 3 post, I know old school but that atty is super excited to wick. Get about 5 good hits before I have to drop. Running a .15 build ATM decent flavor even tho I'm not really into taste, but the clouds oh boy
The only problem I'm having is that my drag says check atomizer so I have to take off the atty and put it back on I'm thinking it has something to do with the pin there like a screw on it I'm not sure what it's for here's a picture. View attachment 809015

Reactions: stols001

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
tanks:
  • hold lots of juice (+5)
  • can't quickly change flavors (-1)
  • can overheat, limiting coil size (-1)
  • can break (-1)
  • mute the flavor (-1)

RDAs:
  • superior flavor (+5)
  • require frequent topping up (-5)

Squonkers:
  • the best of both worlds (+10)
  • limited hardware choices (-1)
  • limit you to a single 18650 or are massive (-5)
  • need to use the word "squonk" (-20)

Reactions: chellie

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Tanks:
  • hold lots of juice (+5)
  • can't quickly change flavors (-1)
  • can overheat, limiting coil size (-1)
  • can break (-1)
  • mute the flavor (-1)

RDAs:
  • superior flavor (+5)
  • require frequent topping up (-5)

Squonkers:
  • the best of both worlds (+10)
  • limited hardware choices (-1)
  • limit you to a single 18650 or are massive (-5)
  • need to use the word "squonk" (-20)
Hahahahaa

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Oh and I believe I've solvwd the one battery delima there's a cnc shop down the road they guy who runs it is a friend of a friend he contacted me on FB wants me to educate him on vaping says he wants to get into building custom mods tubes box and squonk. we are currently trying to Make a squonk box that uses a custom lipo battery that's slightly bigger than a 18650 but has the capacity of 2 if anyone knows a place that makes battiers let me know any contributions to our concept will lead to peeps getting prototypes

• Creative
Reactions: GOMuniEsq

Lordron's_Drag

Mar 7, 2019
Karnes city, Texas
Yeah I told my wife about it when I started the conversation I said babe I want to get into squonking she said oh no I'm not letting you do any more nasty stuff to me I'm tired, I said no and showed her a video. Lmao
I love her she's always down for the cause if u catch my enuendo.:pervy:

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Oh wait brain storm I have clear heat shrink o Lord thank you guys for getting my brain fired up
upload_2019-4-13_14-21-25.jpg

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
Necessity is the mother of invention....best one here is the plumbers tape...wrap it around at least five times :)

Permanent fix would be a tiny bit of resin...pop the glass out, line the interior and then resin repair the resulting hole...job done :)

Hmm. If I had any resin laying around I might make a small bit up, let it dry and then test how various juices reacted with it. If there were no reactions, I might see about making whole glass replacements with clear resin. Could be a sturdy alternative to glass.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Hmm. If I had any resin laying around I might make a small bit up, let it dry and then test how various juices reacted with it. If there were no reactions, I might see about making whole glass replacements with clear resin. Could be a sturdy alternative to glass.
If it’s any help, stab wood is wood impregnated with resin. It will react to juice the same way. (This btw means a person can make their own stab wood without a lot of effort)

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I don't have clear resin it's like a see through green. I have a stockpile from working with fiberglass for years
I’m not liking this one very much.
What kind of resin?
They’re all bi-chemical reaction materials but there are several kinds. Polyester and acrylic are the only ones I’ve used. Long ago. They both used extremely nasty solvents you really don’t want to breathe. Or touch, or have anything to do with really. Or used to anyway. You’d want them to have evaporated completely from the device at an absolute minimum. Methyl Ethel ketone and xylene are extraordinarily ugly things. They’re such good solvents they’ll happily dissolve you at a genetic level from the inside out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread