Looking for 1st experience - one that looks and feels like a traditional cig

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyMi

Jul 3, 2013
Michigan
Hi - I'm still researching my first e-cig experience - and frankly, what I've seen here has scared me more than helped me!

I just KNOW I won't ever give up "the real thing" if I end up with something that looks like a cigar, or worse {MODERATED}

So I need some advice on choosing a product that is as close as possible to the size and weight of a "real" cigarette. I've always smoked 100s, so it's not the length that's an issue - it's the diameter.

And as far as the life of the batteries is concerned, I've cut down in recent years from 1 1/2 PPD to about 1/2 PPD, so I don't THINK it will be that great an issue, will it?

Thanks so much for any suggestions. I REALLY want to get away from traditional cigs, but the "nicotine fix" I get from the 1/2 PPD I'm at now is about the absolute minimum I can function with and still be able to "focus" for more than about 3 minutes at a time :p

Last edited by a moderator:

rodjar

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2013
Virginia
I'm new to the whole thing as well. just starting my third week smoke free. I've had good luck with the halo g6 starter kit. You can get the 78 mm battery which with the carto on is probably close to a 100 and not any thicker. It will of course be heavier. I'm coming from 1 pad of winston ultra lights and am now getting through a day with two cartos and one 78 mm battery.
You might try getting a pack of pre filled cartos to start so you can jump right in and know the flavor is there and not have to worry about steeping or not steeping or is this the way is supposed to taste. I added some blanks and a sample pack of juice with my order so I could start trying other flavors.

good luck!

Last edited:

Kellycat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Cary, NC, USA
I don't want to recommend any specific company since the one I started with was rather high-priced now that I know what I'm doing, but as far as size, look into a KR808-style battery, I've been happy with the weight and general feel of them, just like a regular 'wide' cigarette weight-wise, and about as slim as a normal analog. Can't speak to battery life as I chew through my two in hours, very heavy use, it hardly ever leaves my lips, but they recharge fast enough that I can cycle between them and never be 'out' of battery. If you smoke half a pack a day just get two batteries and your choice of charger and you should be golden, if one runs out, stick it in a case and charge it that night.

Bob Lion54

ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2013
Louisiana, USA
Halo G6 is what I use.

E-Cigarette Starter Kit G6 | Halo Cigs

Well, I actually use the Triton Tank more these days, but I still like the G6. It's cigarette size, but an e-cig is always going to be heavier. Just takes a little getting used to. I've been vapping about two months and so far my experience with Halo has been wonderful.

Good luck with your search!

Kanj.nguyen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Princeton, NJ
Njoy Kings are probably the closest thing to the real deal. But they are disposable - one costs the same as a pack of Marl light, and lasts like a day (despise all the advertisement about how it is "equivalent to 2 packs of cigs blah blah blah". Those are purposeful over-approximation if not just straight up lies).

If you are at the stage of deciding whether or not vaping is for you, the Njoys are a good start. More permanent solutions include the Smokeless Image Volt kit, or, if you dont mind buying components separately, a 510-T auto battery with a V-Nova clearomizer.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I was the same as you...started with Volts from Smokeless Image. I used only cig-sized from my first 2-3 months, and I was a 3 pad smoker. I still use Volts for out and about, bedside, working in the yard. I think of all the similar brands like Halo or V4L, Smokeless Image has a lot more options, and a lot of room for growth. IMHO.

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
I started with a cigalike setup at first thinking the same as you, there was no way I would ever get one of those big devices. Well 2 weeks later I was heading back to canvape for an ego twist and a ce4. 3 months later and I have a couple twists with a bunch of vivi nova minis, a big SVD with a couple protanks, a k100 mech mod with a couple rdas and a kts storm with some more rdas and a genesis rba on the way.

Cigalikes are a good start but once you realize vaping isn't smoking the ego sized batteries and some clearos that work much better will start to interest you.

Anyways an eroll or halo g6 seem to be quite popular otherwise a disposable to try out wouldn't be a terrible idea. Try not to go for tobacco flavors cause ashtray just doesn't taste good, I tried them at first but barely touched the bottle. Ry4 is a nice tobacco vanilla caramel kinda flavor that is a great starting flavor, I still love it.

mywindow

May 21, 2013
Denver, CO, USA
I couldn't agree more with the other posts! I would like to add a couple of thoughts though. "Grimwald" mentioned V4L or Vapor4Life which develops their own equipment and offers cartomizers that can be chewed on. Very cool for some people.

Have you seen the e-go mini 450mAh? This unit is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand or your pocket and will last long enough to vape 1ml of e-juice with a 2.2ohm low-resistance atomizer.

The Njoy King was also mentioned and I agree this is by far the closest thing to a real cigarette but the White Cloud Fling is a very close second.

The other thing I would mention is: If you pick up vaping you will purchase multiple items eventually even if you choose not to make a hobby out of it. As a side note. If you vape a device that looks like a cigarette? Other people will think you are smoking tobacco instead of sucking water vapor. And an e-go mini will last most people all day and will be smaller to carry then multiple cigalikes and a personal charging center. All that said: The best electronic cigarette on the market is the one that satisfies you. And just like the e-juice inside it's very personal.

Last edited:

BobbyMi

Jul 3, 2013
Michigan
Thanks so much, everyone! I've made a list of all your suggestions so I can do a little more research, and will let you know what I end up trying (looks like there will be quite a bit of experimentation).

Since you've all "been there", you're probably correct in the assumption that I'll move up to more sophisticated devices as time goes on. I just want to start with something that mimics analogs as closely as possible until I'm confident that I can truly move away from them forever. Later on, once I can refer to myself as a "vaper" rather than a "smoker", I might want to experiment with the more unique flavors, etc. - but for today, the goal is to say goodbye to tobacco!

Thanks again!

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
I would look at Vapor4Life or Smokeless Image. Both have probably the best cigalikes. But for most, in general, the more it looks like the real thing, the worse the performance.

What he said.

However, of all of the cig-alikes I've tried, NJoy comes the closest to the real thing. Even that rates a "meh..." on my scale.

The smallest form factor I use might work. It's an eGo 650 milliamp/hour battery with a Kanger EVOD tank on it. It's all of 5" tall from bottom of battery to tip of mouthpiece. It's great for stealth vaping and really delivers a good quality cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread