Looking for brands of dna 40 mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Vape Rev said they will have more vapor flasks in stock soon. I really want one but $300 is a lot to spend on a habit for myself. -_-

Holy cow that is steep , i would definitely by a box and just the chip for cheap $$$ , even if the device had an unconditional lifetime warranty i wouldn't spend $300.00 but thats me.

PVA40.jpg this is the one Pegasus Vapor Academy is putting together

Heespharm

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2014
Htown,tx
Holy cow that is steep , i would definitely by a box and just the chip for cheap $$$ , even if the device had an unconditional lifetime warranty i wouldn't spend $300.00 but thats me.

I bought the chip for 60 and a Hana mod clone for 40 dollars... Pretty easy soldering job ... But some stores are selling a Hana mod clone plus authentic dna 40 chip for 100 dollars soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

comptechltd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2011
So. IL (St. Louis)
Kinda been following this thread lurking. I've been wanting a DNA 40 since they came out and yesterday I stopped in a local b&m vape shop and low and behold they had a vaporflask v2 in stock. I swear I heard angels singing and saw a light coming from the ceiling....lol. Anyway after drooling for a while I left the store. When I got in the car my wife said..."why don't you just get it.....you know you won't be happy til you do" I sai
d yeah but its pretty expensive. She said just get it and we'll call it your Christmas present. So........guess what I did? She still doesn't know exactly what it cost but I got one!

Steve

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
View attachment 388627 this is the one Pegasus Vapor Academy is putting together

How can you buy one of these though? From what I understand it's up on indiegog (like kickstarter) and he has to raise enough money first before it goes to production, correct? So basically you can't buy one of these right now, but if everything goes as planned, you could have one in about a month. To be honest I'm not really sure how this PVA 40 thing works, but I would like one.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
How can you buy one of these though? From what I understand it's up on indiegog (like kickstarter) and he has to raise enough money first before it goes to production, correct? So basically you can't buy one of these right now, but if everything goes as planned, you could have one in about a month. To be honest I'm not really sure how this PVA 40 thing works, but I would like one.

The availability date is April-2015 :( Tho he expects them to be ready by end of February. The reason why I backed out of the project.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I was all when i saw his video on youtube. but yea April is pretty late and going at that pace god knows what technology would be in the market 5 months from now!

Very true. Five months is nearly half a year to go - and by then much advances are expected in the VW market. Can't keep our money on the hooks till then.

JohnDoses

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 26, 2014
Louisville, KY USA
Yea I agree. That's a deal breaker for me. And I'm pretty sure that if $28,000 doesn't get raised, no one gets one!

...I really want a new device, whether it is a DNA 40 or not. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 50-60W regulated box mod that is not any of the popular choices (Hana, vaporshark, sigelei, IPV, etc)?

If I can't find anything elese, I have a Vaporshark rDNA on my mind.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Yea I agree. That's a deal breaker for me. And I'm pretty sure that if $28,000 doesn't get raised, no one gets one!

...I really want a new device, whether it is a DNA 40 or not. Does anyone have any recommendations for a 50-60W regulated box mod that is not any of the popular choices (Hana, vaporshark, sigelei, IPV, etc)?

One of them could be: XPV DNA-40D with Temperature Protection | Protovapor.com

towelie

ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2014
In a cloud

The money was raised, the project will happen, there's still a few days left.

flog

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2014
zachary, la
I'll second the vote for the protovapor DNA 40. Have mine for a month, NO DNA 40 chip problems, one or two small spots of paint chipping (I've dropped it a couple times, keeps on ticking), nothing like the crappy paint on the VS rDNA 40. Only possible thumbs down is you gotta unsolder the battery to replace (comes with a great looking sony 18650vtc5), but for me and my Weller, no prob.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread