Status
Not open for further replies.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Up North
Is there a Mech mod you could recommend for my first Mech mod? I am really nervous about this one at this point.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

All of my tube mods are direct to battery mods like the one you have purchased. There is no need to be nervous, as long as the center pin of the RDTA 510 connector protrudes past the threaded portion of the connector - as illustrated by the photo already posted by Baditude above.

510-connection-pin-550x329.jpg

I have used my tube mods safely for years, and never had a short. The only type of tank I would NOT use on a direct-to-battery mod is any sub-ohm tank with replaceable coils as these often have 510 connectors with self-adjusting center pins that can cause a short.

Of course there is nothing wrong with getting a mod with a standard 510 cap if it makes you more comfortable, and some come with both. Just know that the tank you are getting with your kit is perfectly safe.

Here is a nice kit that includes both types of top cap, from Geekvape:

GeekVape Tsunami Mech Kit W/O Battery - Brass

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Here is a nice kit that includes both types of top cap, from Geekvape:
GeekVape Tsunami Mech Kit W/O Battery - Brass
Looks to be a nice attractive mech.

• I like it has the option to use an insulated 510 connector.
  • I like the recessed fire button.
  • I like the delrin battery sleeve.
  • I'm not so happy about the venting located in the bottom of the mod. The delrin battery sleeve leaves no room for gas to escape to the bottom of the mod if the battery is oriented towards the atomizer. A workaround for this would be to orient the battery towards the fire button.

• Useful
Reactions: stols001

Edwin Betz

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2018
Dayton, Ohio. USA
Would it be wise if I took a real small drill bit and put some vent hole towards the top of the tube, or would I be creating another problem?
Looks to be a nice attractive mech.

• I like it has the option to use an insulated 510 connector.
  • I like the recessed fire button.
  • I like the delrin battery sleeve.
  • I'm not so happy about the venting located in the bottom of the mod. The delrin battery sleeve leaves no room for gas to escape to the bottom of the mod if the battery is oriented towards the atomizer. A workaround for this would be to orient the battery towards the fire button.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Would it be wise if I took a real small drill bit and put some vent hole towards the top of the tube, or would I be creating another problem?
It's probably a good idea, but it would be harder to do than you might think. Have you ever tried to use a drill on a curved metal surface? If you know someone who has a drill press, it would be a lot easier and look better, too.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread