Looking for a tough Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
What I have noticed is after changing the batteries sometimes the mod will not turn on. If I open the battery door again and close it then it works. I found that I need to push the door hard when closing and latching and then all is fine.
WOW is all I can say about updating to V1.2 is the battery life is greatly increased.:rickroll:
Heath54
:toast:

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
What I have noticed is after changing the batteries sometimes the mod will not turn on. If I open the battery door again and close it then it works. I found that I need to push the door hard when closing and latching and then all is fine.
WOW is all I can say about updating to V1.2 is the battery life is greatly increased.:rickroll:
Heath54

I haven't had the door not close but not open. I've had hard times getting it closed because I'm trained not to snap things shut. I need to play with it to figure out a good push place while still being able to get a finger on the latch.

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I haven't had the door not close but not open. I've had hard times getting it closed because I'm trained not to snap things shut. I need to play with it to figure out a good push place while still being able to get a finger on the latch.
I have slightly arthritic fingers and hands, and had a minor issue with opening the battery door, too. I noticed this issue became less of a problem the more often the door was opened.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I have slightly arthritic fingers and hands, and had a minor issue with opening the battery door, too. I noticed this issue became less of a problem the more often the door was opened.

My index fingers are very painful lately but not in a direction for this. Opening wasn't a problem for me.

Closing I've just worked out to grab the mod with the tank between fingers so the thumb can press on the center of the door then use a finger from the other hand to slide the latch open and push with the thumb. That seems like it will work good.
It's the pressure of the seal that messes with me.

How long that will work for me, I don't know. My thumb has been hurting and in that direction. Plus both my brother and sister's thumbs are totaled (2 failed surgeries trying to fix my brother's).

jim_87

Resident Forum Lurker
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2018
USA
I found you need to hold the latch in the open position, and get a fingernail in between the door, and the silicone.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I also use my thumb to push the door closed and slide the latch to lock it in one motion. Took some getting used to.
Heath54
Version V1.2 of the firmware is great. I think it has just about doubled my battery life.

That takes a little talent but is workable. I think I'll stick with a 2 handed method.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
1) You can not see the screen when using polarized sunglasses.

Turn it.
From someone with glasses and migraines, that is every LCD. With sunglasses on I can't watch TV laying down, can't see my desktop sitting up. Different lenses and different screens line up differently.

Mine doesn't have the most consistent polarization so it's blotchy but I can see it one way, not the other.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
After watching that guy throw it against a wall I knew it was what I needed. I don't work construction but I do drive a forklift both inside and outside and right now of it begins to rain I put my mod in a Ziploc bag but I worry about it falling off my lift and me running over it.

I'm gonna top mine off when it arrives with my Horizon Tech Falcon that I got at my local vape shop last weekend.

So much for sticking to my old Subbox and Subtank combo or iStick100 for the Falcon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

• Optimistic

Colombia

Jul 25, 2018
After watching that guy throw it against a wall I knew it was what I needed. I don't work construction but I do drive a forklift both inside and outside and right now of it begins to rain I put my mod in a Ziploc bag but I worry about it falling off my lift and me running over it.

I'm gonna top mine off when it arrives with my Horizon Tech Falcon that I got at my local vape shop last weekend.

So much for sticking to my old Subbox and Subtank combo or iStick100 for the Falcon.

Funny Coincidences, sometimes I drive all kind of forklift at work and use the same set up (aegis legend with HT Falcon Resin.) I find better turning the mod off when driving the Forklift as the lock mechanism does not lock the fire button.

15330869931364652663367770094754.jpg

Last edited:

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York

There is a YT Video where they drive a forklift over the Aegis Legend. A couple of parts fell off and they put it back together and it fired right up. That is the type of mod that I need.
Heath54

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Funny Coincidences, sometimes I drive all kind of forklift at work and use the same set up (aegis legend with HT Falcon Resin.) I find better turning the mod off when driving the Forklift as the lock mechanism does not lock the fire button.

View attachment 757821
Thanks for the power it off tip.

UlkaHuren

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2018
Central Maryland
I have a tendency to drop things or have them fall out of a pocket. Well my last mod took a fall from about two feet onto concrete. That is all it took, now it does not want to fire.:( So I am looking at the GeekVape Aegis Legend kit with the Aero Mesh tank. I looks like it will be a pretty robust mod. I am looking to see what the ECF gang thinks of it. Can I get a MTL coil for that tank? I have had to go back to an old Kanger Drip Mod that I have. There is a u tube video where they drove a fork truck over the Aegis Legend and it still worked. Thanks for any input that you have.
Heath54

I have the Aegis 100W and yes it is built like a tank. Another rugged mod is the VBoy 200W. It has a heavy housing a deep recessed display so it won’t get scraped up. It’s also a fabulous TC mode mod.

mountainbikermark

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2014
central Virginia
Vapemail showed up today, 3 days early.
Though I can't tell you how tough it is yet I can tell a bit about the ergonomics and stuff.
It fits my hand like a glove, with the fire button pointed toward me or away. My tanks sit centered so it's just grab it and vape . When pointed away I use my pointer finger but when pointed back I use the skin area between my thumb and pointer finger, just squeeze and vape or use my thumb.
The menu is super easy to use and after a couple of glances through the manual and a couple of Google searches to get definitions of terms it's as easy to use as my iStick 100w but a more consistent vape. The range on my Subtanks is higher and still get a yummy vape, same work my Falcon. I had to turn my usual temp down 40f on my eleaf nickel coil tanks. On the iStick 40 370 to 390 is best range whereas on the Aegis 280-300f works best. Vpc mode is kinda cool but I switch tanks so often I don't see that being a regular used feature but I also said I'd never build my own stuff or use a dripper before I ended up becoming addicted to that stuff before.
I like a cooler, wetter vape and with this mod I don't have to settle for close enough when changing tanks for different reasons. Eleaf when I just need nicotine but don't want a lot of vapor, Subtanks when I want flavor that is sweeter and the Falcon when I want a true to bottle taste or a ton of cloud.
The weight is balanced but heavy. Without the batteries it's not as heavy but still feels solid in hand, like if I drop it it won't shatter into a hundred pieces. Grip along the fire button side is nice but doesn't feel sticky or rubbery. The leather on the other end is going to take some getting used to but I like the feel so far.
Anyway that's what I'm finding so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread