Recommend 2x18650 Mod to replace Smok Alien

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Hi All,

Looking to replace my dead Alien - there were issues with charging and with batteries detecting when inserted so I am looking away from smok.

Hoping to find something on fasttech as they ship quickly to Australia.

Looking for a 2 battery mod, solid build quality, to fit Crown Uwell v1 tank.

Options so far include
Eleaf Invoke 220W - 35USD
Innokin Proton - 65USD
Vaporesso Polar - 51USD
GeekVape Aegis Legend - 75USD

Any thoughts or advice?

Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
All of them are good afaik. The only one I own and can therefore vouch for is the legend. The big selling point of the legend is extra ruggedness. It’s water and drop resistant. It will probably be the largest of them as well though I find it fits well in my hand. If you’re clumsy or likely to drop your mod in the “loo” I think they call it there, the extra money for a legend may be worth it. If you’re not though the only remaining feature the legend is it will take a 30mm atty without overhang (which may also give you an idea of its size). I’ve heard there is also a legend limited edition around somewhere for yet more money which is much lighter and will actually float

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
All of them are good afaik. The only one I own and can therefore vouch for is the legend.

Yeah i was actually looking for something smaller - but perhaps more rugged is a good idea. Ordered, thanks for the feedback.

Also - the loo is for the poms (brits)

In 'straya its the dunny.

madstabber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2013
Concoction Creating Cave
I hear good things about the Proton, but I don’t personally own any of them. I won a drag 2 and have been using it for a bit. Nice mod and performs well in wattage mode.
IMRbatteries has LG2’s on sale for the next 48 hours for $3.99, just FYI.
Edit: just seen your in Australia so the IMRbatteries deal may not be an option for you. Also the crown v1 is a great tank. Still use mine quite often.

Ozzzzz

Sep 2, 2016
Also the crown v1 is a great tank. Still use mine quite often.

Agreed - best flavour tank i have tried, out of clieto, baby beast, beast, avocado, griffin. Have 20 spare coils as I imagine they might start to get rare at some point. Fasttech still has stock.

Thanks for the advice re proton, maybe I'll buy myself some backups of my backups.

Edit: Yeah shipping kills me on those batteries, but banggood and another aussie shop called techaroundyou usually have 2xsamsung 30q for around 10USD so that'll do me. Plenty of spares anyway. Cheers for the info :)

4mehealth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2011
canada
I am in a similar position.

My Alien ([emoji830]knock on wood) is still working. The paint has almost completely flaked off. But otherwise, it still keeps hitting.

I have been considering the following:

1. Innokin Proton - only reservation I have is durability of the joystick.

2. Vaporesso Polar - locally, can only get it as a package with the tank. Will give the tank away. But my reservation on this is the preheat. Hoping they get rid of this "feature".

3. Smoant Chiron Mini - this one seems to be the one I will get. Just a matter of me stepping into the shop and getting to hold em.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I've had these two Sigelei 213 dual series 18650 batt TC mods for well over two and a half years. I used them a lot the first 1.5 years of so, then tapering down to occasionally. Like the preheat, have always ran them in wattage instead of TC. They still work perfectly, their finishes are still pristine so they have held up very well. I mostly ran black and gold RDTA's and RDA's on them (never liked the RTA's much though... preferred the Avocado 24's), with the last RDA's on them being mesh RDA's. I have both the Gunmetal CFL and Gold CFL models.

Surprisingly maybe, they are still available new from some vendors from considerably less to considerably more than they retailed for way back then ($70-$75) depending on the vendor still with stock.

sig1.jpg
sig2.jpg

sig3.jpg
sig4.jpg

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I have had an invoke running continually in rotation for a year probably. I'm pretty hard on mods and I drop them all the time, but despite this little mod being very light it's also pretty solid construction. One of the lightest two battery mods out there and I can vouch for MINE's durability I don't see why another would be super different. Not a ton of bells and whistles (although you can upload arctic fox) but that means better battery life. One of my favorites. The Legend is fantastic, in the hand even very ergonomic but it does not go out and about with me due to it's size/weight. Your mileage may vary with that. It is most certainly durable.

The proton was a nice mod, I got an early model and it died. There are other reports of sudden proton death, so I'd hesitate to recommend it as your only mod, although I have a hunch the problem may be fixed in later models.

It really is going to come down to personal preference and what you are looking for.

Good luck deciding.

Anna

Reactions: bigbob2322

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've had these two Sigelei 213 dual series 18650 batt TC mods for well over two and a half years. I used them a lot the first 1.5 years of so, then tapering down to occasionally. Like the preheat, have always ran them in wattage instead of TC. They still work perfectly, their finishes are still pristine so they have held up very well. I mostly ran black and gold RDTA's and RDA's on them (never liked the RTA's much though... preferred the Avocado 24's), with the last RDA's on them being mesh RDA's. I have both the Gunmetal CFL and Gold CFL models.

Surprisingly maybe, they are still available new from some vendors from considerably less to considerably more than they retailed for way back then ($70-$75) depending on the vendor still with stock.
I had a Segelei Fuscha 213 Plus. Basically used it as a backup because I wasn't particularly happy with the battery life despite it being dual battery. I recently sold it to an interested friend for half the price I paid for it new. Very attractive and pocket-friendly mod for a dual battery. I'd recommend it.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I had a Segelei Fuscha 213 Plus. Basically used it as a backup because I wasn't particularly happy with the battery life despite it being dual battery. I recently sold it to an interested friend for half the price I paid for it new. Very attractive and pocket-friendly mod for a dual battery. I'd recommend it.

I also have two Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 150's (1 red, 1 blue). Same size, approx same weight as my 213's that use a single 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery. I used to run Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on them, but they both have Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's on them now. As you know battery life is subjective to many variables, and when you add them up my personal variables are hard on battery life. A non issue to me though as I have around 9 dozen batteries and 7 chargers so have an endless supply of them at the ready 24/7.

FSBlue.jpg

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I also have two Sigelei Fuchai Squonk 150's (1 red, 1 blue). Same size, approx same weight as my 213's that use a single 18650, 20700 or 21700 battery. I used to run Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's on them, but they both have Wotofo Profile Mesh RDA's on them now. As you know battery life is subjective to many variables, and when you add them up my personal variables are hard on battery life. A non issue to me though as I have around 9 dozen batteries and 7 chargers so have an endless supply of them at the ready 24/7.

View attachment 791743
i have blue one but they die off as internal leaking kill the screen ....

• Optimistic

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
i have blue one but they die off as internal leaking kill the screen ....

I have had my two for over 13 months, and they have not shown any signs of leaking anywhere (510, bottle, battery compartment, etc). Even if they ever do fail, at the throw away price they cost me I have already received in use way more than my money's worth out of them.

Last edited:

SonnyCooL

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2018
I have had my two for over 13 months, and they have not shown any signs of leaking anywhere (510, bottle, battery compartment, etc). Even if they ever do fail, at the throw away price they cost me I have already received in use way more than my money's worth out of them.
me not so lucky, i use less than a month, when i open up, i saw there is crack at bottom 510 that connect to squonk bottle ..... way beyond recover.

• Optimistic
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread