Looking for a tough Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
I have a tendency to drop things or have them fall out of a pocket. Well my last mod took a fall from about two feet onto concrete. That is all it took, now it does not want to fire.:( So I am looking at the GeekVape Aegis Legend kit with the Aero Mesh tank. I looks like it will be a pretty robust mod. I am looking to see what the ECF gang thinks of it. Can I get a MTL coil for that tank? I have had to go back to an old Kanger Drip Mod that I have. There is a u tube video where they drove a fork truck over the Aegis Legend and it still worked. Thanks for any input that you have.
Heath54
:toast:

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The Geekvape Aegis Legend is probably the most rugged and durable mod on the market. Is it indestructable? No. But it has been specifically designed to be able to withstand the most common physical abuses. There are several reviews on You Tube that show all kinds of abuse being given to the Legend.

Shockproof if dropped from less than 3 feet. Waterproof. Dustproof. The most vulnerable parts to a hard impact would be the screen and the battery door/batteries. All openings to the inside of the mod are secured by silicone plugs to allow it to be water proof; ie the USB port used for downloading firmware updates. I strongly advise against charging the batteries via the USB port because repeated removal/insertion of the plug could damage the silicone plug (although a spare plug is included).

I was given a Legend by Geekvape in exchange for doing a review. I used it exclusively for two weeks. I then gave mine to my son. Although I have relatively large hands, the Legend felt large and heavy in my hand. I personally prefer a more compact single battery mod. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W I've got two of these JAC's and so far they have proven quite durable to normal everyday abuse.

My personal review of the Legend is combined with this review: Aegis Legend Kit - Geekvape

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
First off i very much doubt there's coils for mtl compatible with that tank as it's a sub 0hm tank and not designed for it (although some may argue you still can but ymmv)
I would agree with that. I didn't care for the tank included in the kit because all the coils are for high wattage vaping (over 50 watts). I typically only vape at 30 watts. I contacted the Geekvape representative and said they should at least offer coils designed for low wattage vapers because the vast majority of vapers vape under 50 watts.

Heath54

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2016
Western New York
Thank you for the reply's. I have held one at my local shop and I personally do not mind the size or weight. I did check out the review that Baditude did. So I have made the decision to go with the Aegis Legend. I will buy the kit as there are times that I like to vape at high wattage. Then for the times that I want to MTL I will be using a Kanger Pro Tank 2 that I have been using for a few years. Again thanks to all.
Heath54

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA
    The Aegis or the Aegis legend are the toughest mods to date, the Aegis V1 is even tougher than the Aegis Legend.

Aegis

20180704_052555.jpg

Aegis Legend

Inked20180509_145315_LI.jpg

Heath54

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2016
    Western New York
    I would like to start out by saying how thankful I am for all the reply's. I have decided to go with the Aegis Legend Kit. Last night I stopped at my local shop and the owner gave me a deal that was hard to refuse. :banana: Right now I am using the mesh coil that came with it. So far everything is great. I really like how this mod fits in my hand. The rubber exterior does make it a bit tougher to get into a pocket but I can live with that. I will see how the battery life is before I try to update the firmware. Again thanks to all. Happy vaping.
    Heath54

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I would like to start out by saying how thankful I am for all the reply's. I have decided to go with the Aegis Legend Kit. Last night I stopped at my local shop and the owner gave me a deal that was hard to refuse. :banana: Right now I am using the mesh coil that came with it. So far everything is great. I really like how this mod fits in my hand. The rubber exterior does make it a bit tougher to get into a pocket but I can live with that. I will see how the battery life is before I try to update the firmware. Again thanks to all. Happy vaping.
    Heath54

Harder to get into the pocket = harder to fall out of the pocket which is how a lot of my drops happen.

What firmware version (turn off, hold +/-)?

Heath54

ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2016
    Western New York
    I don't know about my first one, I updated it right out of the box. I checked my 2nd one and it had the backlight issue with 1.0.
    Battery life in 1.2 moves it from right on the edge of acceptable to impressive for me.
    Myk
    I did get the updated 1.2 version.:rickroll: Thanks for all the help.
    Heath54

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    The Geekvape Aegis Legend is probably the most rugged and durable mod on the market. Is it indestructable? No. But it has been specifically designed to be able to withstand the most common physical abuses. There are several reviews on You Tube that show all kinds of abuse being given to the Legend.

Shockproof if dropped from less than 3 feet. Waterproof. Dustproof. The most vulnerable parts to a hard impact would be the screen and the battery door/batteries. All openings to the inside of the mod are secured by silicone plugs to allow it to be water proof; ie the USB port used for downloading firmware updates. I strongly advise against charging the batteries via the USB port because repeated removal/insertion of the plug could damage the silicone plug (although a spare plug is included).

I was given a Legend by Geekvape in exchange for doing a review. I used it exclusively for two weeks. I then gave mine to my son. Although I have relatively large hands, the Legend felt large and heavy in my hand. I personally prefer a more compact single battery mod. JAC Vapor series B DNA75W I've got two of these JAC's and so far they have proven quite durable to normal everyday abuse.

My personal review of the Legend is combined with this review: Aegis Legend Kit - Geekvape

+1 on that - Vaping Bogan FTW

Aegis Legend Kit | Geek Vape | Water/Shock Proof Mod | The Vaping Bogan

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    I love my legend, it sort of FEELS tough, although (the irony) it is one of the very few mods I have yet to drop. LOL. Perhaps my FLOORS are afraid of my LEGEND.

But I also like that it's sizable, heavy, but still has great hand feel unlike other heavy and large mods I've dealt with.

Anna

I think the rubber is keeping them from falling out of my pocket.

Showing my non-vaping friend my leather insert last weekend, "Man, this thing is heavy!"
    Yes it's a hunk of metal built to last.

• Agree

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    I think the rubber is keeping them from falling out of my pocket.

Showing my non-vaping friend my leather insert last weekend, "Man, this thing is heavy!"
    Yes it's a hunk of metal built to last.

It's actually an amazing achievement and a credit to Geekvape to have gone as hard as they did to make this mod the way they did. Not sure about everyone else but you see things that are supposedly "Heavy Duty" or whatever catchphrase you prefer to give the impression that it's not going to be flimsy only to have it break really quickly. And after watching the reviews I have a lot of respect for a company that actually did that.

Myk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 1, 2009
    IL, USA
    It's actually an amazing achievement and a credit to Geekvape to have gone as hard as they did to make this mod the way they did. Not sure about everyone else but you see things that are supposedly "Heavy Duty" or whatever catchphrase you prefer to give the impression that it's not going to be flimsy only to have it break really quickly. And after watching the reviews I have a lot of respect for a company that actually did that.

I haven't put the heavy duty to the test but I've been wanting a rubberized mod for a long time.
    I know assorted construction workers have been asking for tough mods for a long time.
    There's definitely a market for them.

escapetovape

ECF Veteran
    Feb 24, 2018
    Brisbane, AU
    I haven't put the heavy duty to the test but I've been wanting a rubberized mod for a long time.
    I know assorted construction workers have been asking for tough mods for a long time.
    There's definitely a market for them.

Absolutely, and it's a genuine solution which is awesome. And not just construction workers but anyone who doesn't want to wrap their mod with bubble-wrap to enjoy it. Some days I don't want to have to worry that a drop will mean it becomes inoperable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread