Looking to get into Gennies...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erinqua

Mar 20, 2017
Any recommendations for genesis style atomizers?
Hello.
The first recomendation would be to understand what you want from your genny. As all atomizers, the genny-style may vary a lot, and it's always a game of trade: size, volume, ease of build, airflow, flavor providing etc.
So try to explain what you want (preferable airflow, preferable power) and what you are ready to deal with (small liquid volume for example), and I'll try to make some advises.

;)

IMG_20180211_105115-1024x1365.jpg

Last edited:
Hmmm.
I prefer a warm vape, and mostly I'm looking for flavor, and I've heard Gennies are the way to go for that...
As far as airflow, I prefer something towards the bottom, I know that seems to help with flavor...
As of yet, I haven't found anything challenging to build on... well, one rta I had was a touch small, but I figured it out.
I figure the hardest part will be learning to use mesh for wicking...
But I'm here to learn.

Erinqua

Mar 20, 2017
As far as airflow, I prefer something towards the bottom, I know that seems to help with flavor...
There is a couple ones with bottom airflow (Nectar by Amerpoint and bf-99), but I wouldn't suggest it.
And I mean what type of a draw you prefer ;)
I figure the hardest part will be learning to use mesh for wicking...
Using the mesh is a not a Rocket science, all you have to do is to oxidize it properly and make a decent coil around it.

Anyway, for the start I'd suggest Origen v2 by Norbert (not mkII version - this one has a "crown" that tends to spin), or Le Zephir by Vaponaute. Both have variable airflow (so you can at least difine your favourite) and are rather simple to build. They are not the best maybe, but they're good for the start.
Or (I'm not kidding) go to Ali and buy the RSST by Smok. It's cheap like hell (something like $5), doesn't have the best flavor, but it's has got isolators everywhere, so you'll get rid of hotspots much faster. And P.Busardo even has a guide :D

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
Just a hint: these are on a very serious sale on Heavengifts. Bought five a while ago, total was around 16€ including shipping.

I already have a stash or I would be stocking up for sure. I've used the same RSST for years, daily. As long as you don't try to build too low they will last a long time.

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
Wow...well there is no simple answer to that question...gennys are a world unto themselves...what you are asking is like asking what's the best dripping atomizer...you'd get a 100 different answers....some gennys are real flavor chasers with tight draws some try and provide a little more clouds and air and still maintain great flavor.You are right there are not many genny makers around anymore,but there are a few...recent gennys would be the stuff bieng made by VapeWare mods...I think their latest genny is a great atty ..the nextera....alot of the older designs I would not bother with the Z-atty,the rsst,youde's stuff,the kraken, don't bother with them ...for serious genheads there is a list of the really great gennys which tend to be expensive and hard to find,then there is a list of attainable yet still great gennys. alot of the really great gennys are no longer made,you can try and get them used,and some you may find a clone for. there are two main styles of gennys the conventional design with a positive post centered on the deck and the wick hole set off to one side or in some cases 2 wickholes off to the side...then there is a style where the postive post is centered on the deck and so is the wickhole..these would be gennys like the In'ax and the Nextgen, there are not many of this style of genny...they are reputed to be easier for people new to mesh to work with, easier to build,and deliver great flavor. as for good conventional gennys there are alot. I'd recomend you get a genny with a reduced chamber,they will deliver much better flavor than the earlier gennys...for the most part. conventional gennys I'd recommend looking at for flavor. most of these you can find a clone for and they will allow you to experiment with whether or not gennys are your cup of tea without spending alot of money on the authentics.
Pulse G
Stormrider
Nauhlon
Satburn 22
Rocket
Rocket R
le zeypher, and it's brothers.

I think you can buy the In'ax and the Nextgens new fairly easily....then there are the expensive and unattainable gennys which we won't bother discussing.

Last edited:

Equality 7-2521

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2013
oakland ca.
When I first got into genesis, this article by eHuman did more towards clearing the path for me than all of my other resources combined. It’s geared towards the old AGA-T Genny, but the fundamentals are the same.

There are no problems with the AGA-T, only opportunities to hone your skills. Part 1 | E-Cigarette Forum
LOL..I like the title of that post...the AGA-T was a piece of crap,it drove alot of people crazy...I cut my teeth on the Aga-T it was cheap and easy to get .it's only saving grace was, that if you could learn how to make it sing for you...you could build any other genny in the world easily...I'm glad I started with it on hindsight..but then people said the same thing about the DID...people either love the DID or it drove them insane.

entropy1049

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Apalachicola, FL, United States
LOL..I like the title of that post...the AGA-T was a piece of crap,it drove alot of people crazy...I cut my teeth on the Aga-T it was cheap and easy to get .it's only saving grace was, that if you could learn how to make it sing for you...you could build any other genny in the world easily...I'm glad I started with it on hindsight..but then people said the same thing about the DID...people either love the DID or it drove them insane.

I agree, if you could build the AGA-T you can build anything. EHuman did a great job with that tutorial, and the info is pretty universal for building genesis.

The DID! I’d forgotten about that one. Pretty little Genny, looked sweet on a Poldiac for sure. And like ZERO building room lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread