Looks like the ProVari may have a rival.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cozzicon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 19, 2010
Chicago IL
I don't plan on carrying the Vario around in my pocket. If anything, I'm going to build a lightsaber belt for it, like Luke :). Plus, I work out so lifting a little puny APV will be a good cool off. Weight isn't necessarily a factor for me. Heavier sometimes means better quality. Maybe I'll throw a Vivi Nova tank with a metal tube on it and use it as a last resort self defense weapon.

As for the other things, I will look into it. No one's trying to put Provapes out of business, if anything it'd just force them to innovate their design. What you said really kinda stinks about the finish. That's the kind of stuff you don't figure out from the pretty pictures. I guess there's always primer and paint. Of course, if you're going to hold that against the Vario you should hold it against the Lavatube too. How many people have Lavatubes that don't say lavatube any more. How many people are vaping a L----UBE? I don't know if they addressed that issue with the Lavatube 2.0 but from what I have seen of it so far it's not much of an improvement over the first one. I haven't seen anyone put it on a voltage meter with a dual coil carto and see if it still regulates it (without your knowledge) down to 3.85v or whatever it was (very close to that surely). At $79 (which by the way the Imotion2 V+ is supposed to sell for a whopping $120 from what I have seen in a cursory look through google) I think function-over-form is the objective.

Umm btw it only goes up to 6v, so what's this 7v talk? A typo? If you're a low watt vaper what the heck would you want an APV for? The Twist has that section on lock down. People who go for APVs are usually either one of two categories of people: reckless throat hit chasers, or people who must absolutely have the best of the best. The Vario only services one of these types; the reckless throat hit chaser. As for portability, I also think the Ego Twist has that category in the VV department. I'd much rather figure out a better way to fit the long-as-heck twist in my pocket than carry around a flashlight. That is, until I get my lightsaber belt. :)

I would greatly appreciate you telling me (even in PM perhaps) what you discover from this new shipment. Also can you please give me the specs to the Zmax? I should very much like to see them.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Some of the questions you are asking seem to be bait, or alternatively based on bad suppositions.

I cannot show you the specs on the vmax. Sometimes to see things you have to agree not to disclose things.

Sorry for the typo.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
That was my point in my previous post. The provari really isn't any better at portability, so for one who has never held one, this added weight is nothing. It's a pet peeve discovered only because of something you are more familiar with; a nitpick, a bias. That's where smaller VVs come into play. I don't see anyone stuffing a provari or a vario in their pocket and going through a work day like that, so I can't hold the weight or size against either of them. Stealth vaping an APV of this size is next to impossible. To me they are home vapes, unless perhaps I am a passenger on a road trip.

I'm not a stealth vaper so I can't remark on that part of you comment but I do bring my Provari everywhere.
I bought a Provari because it's accurate and reliable - they were the only reasons.

I'll probably be using the same Provari in a years time.

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I'm not a stealth vaper so I can't remark on that part of you comment but I do bring my Provari everywhere.
I bought a Provari because it's accurate and reliable - they were the only reasons.

You've never vaped in a public place and gotten yelled at so you had to go into stealth mode? What about work?
How about at the movie theater? I vape during every movie I see. Stealth vaping is a lifestyle choice.

Hottody

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2011
Temcula CA
As we all know, many of the original chrome black Provari's also did not fair well in terms of the finish. The VARIO sure looks nice, so I hope the production models continue to improve. I do like the fact that the factory had the VARIO tested by many people beforehand, as it appears they have corrected many of the initial issues to satisfy it's customer base! This shows that the factory has some interest in delivering a mod that meets expectations! If the VARIO was the same price as the Provari, I would likely be more critical of the VARIO. Since it's not, a more accurate and fair comparison may be it's Asian counterparts.

I don't plan on carrying the Vario around in my pocket. If anything, I'm going to build a lightsaber belt for it, like Luke :). Plus, I work out so lifting a little puny APV will be a good cool off. Weight isn't necessarily a factor for me. Heavier sometimes means better quality. Maybe I'll throw a Vivi Nova tank with a metal tube on it and use it as a last resort self defense weapon.

As for the other things, I will look into it. No one's trying to put Provapes out of business, if anything it'd just force them to innovate their design. What you said really kinda stinks about the finish. That's the kind of stuff you don't figure out from the pretty pictures. I guess there's always primer and paint. Of course, if you're going to hold that against the Vario you should hold it against the Lavatube too. How many people have Lavatubes that don't say lavatube any more. How many people are vaping a L----UBE? I don't know if they addressed that issue with the Lavatube 2.0 but from what I have seen of it so far it's not much of an improvement over the first one. I haven't seen anyone put it on a voltage meter with a dual coil carto and see if it still regulates it (without your knowledge) down to 3.85v or whatever it was (very close to that surely). At $79 (which by the way the Imotion2 V+ is supposed to sell for a whopping $120 from what I have seen in a cursory look through google) I think function-over-form is the objective.

Umm btw it only goes up to 6v, so what's this 7v talk? A typo? If you're a low watt vaper what the heck would you want an APV for? The Twist has that section on lock down. People who go for APVs are usually either one of two categories of people: reckless throat hit chasers, or people who must absolutely have the best of the best. The Vario only services one of these types; the reckless throat hit chaser. As for portability, I also think the Ego Twist has that category in the VV department. I'd much rather figure out a better way to fit the long-as-heck twist in my pocket than carry around a flashlight. That is, until I get my lightsaber belt. :)

I would greatly appreciate you telling me (even in PM perhaps) what you discover from this new shipment. Also can you please give me the specs to the Zmax? I should very much like to see them.

Last edited:

rondasherrill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 19, 2012
Valhalla

Also not a stealth vaper... My Provari is with me everywhere I go, and I vape openly with pride. At work, in the store, etc... As long as you are not being pretentious about it, most do not make a big deal about it. I've been using my same Provari for a year and a half, and if I'm awake it's either in my hand or in my pocket.

I have been 89 dollar'd to death. I'm on my 3rd VVPV this year and if I'm going to drop another dime, it will be on something that has a longer lifespan than a few months.
Well....I may jump on a 6v box mod, but for another VV tube style, these so called "rivals" need to live longer than they have in the past.

Last edited:

ShogaNinja

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2012
Ohio
www.youtube.com
I have been 89 dollar'd to death. I'm on my 3rd VVPV this year and if I'm going to drop another dime, it will be on something that has a longer lifespan than a few months.
Well....I may jump on a 6v box mod, but for another VV tube style, these so called "rivals" need to live longer than they have in the past.

What did you buy that died in a few months?

_abbenormal

May 10, 2012
marshall mi
hello skelley

i to agree with you ive had 2 devices fail also in a short time frame this year it is leaving a bad taste in my mouth for buying more devices to test and try... one is a woo failed after 18 days and shop wont warranty it over 15 days sucks to be me... the second unit failed in 20 days but that shop has parts being shiped so not so bad but still it failed if these devices were good id think they would have a longer warranty on them but when i see no warranty on them it is now giving me cause to not even look at them as ones to talk about... when they do come up to the standard of provari and offer at least one year as they do then id say you can compare them to it but until then there second class items and should be know they will fail in less time and made to do so you will keep buying them and wasting your money... sad we allow this today but who cares any more its not about getting some that last... the thinking is but i want it now and have to have it... i want something that has value and be proud to show it off but not many you can do this with now days... sorry for the rant everyone just had to get it off my chest...

abbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread