Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
I'm new to DIY, 3 days to be exact, and I've mixed a few successful batches. But every time I use even the slightest bit of Lorann chocolate the juice tastes horrible like manure or something, not that Ive tasted that before but its awful. Is there any chocolate flavors that are good? I'm haunted by this nasty flavor in my atty.

Lorann Chocolate is crap I would not recommend using it. Try Capella double chocolate!
Double Chocolate - flavored tea e liquid water flavors e juice coffee flavors e cigarette flavoring Diet & Fitness Baking & Desserts
It is awesome!
Dan

Scubabatdan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2009
Dothan, AL
have not tried the cola but the french toast is GOOD! 15% or so and your set! I vape it in the morning to get my wife to make breakfast! works like a charm.(smells and tastes like mayple syrup)

I quite agree the french toast is awesome. I have used the cola, and it is good also.
Dan

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Lorann Chocolate is crap I would not recommend using it. Try Capella double chocolate!
Double Chocolate - flavored tea e liquid water flavors e juice coffee flavors e cigarette flavoring Diet & Fitness Baking & Desserts
It is awesome!
Dan

Word, Dan! While Lorann chocolate is chemical and yucky to me, Capella Dbl Choc is like chocolate decadence. Mix it with their toasted almond, and you have a Hershey's Almond Bar...really great. Its also good with a little of their raspberry.

A bit of caution though. I have found that the dbl choc can sometimes clog my 510 attys. YMMV, of course, but the flavor is divine.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Word, Dan! While Lorann chocolate is chemical and yucky to me, Capella Dbl Choc is like chocolate decadence. Mix it with their toasted almond, and you have a Hershey's Almond Bar...really great. Its also good with a little of their raspberry.

A bit of caution though. I have found that the dbl choc can sometimes clog my 510 attys. YMMV, of course, but the flavor is divine.

Dan is a great guy and full of knowledge when it comes to Diy another really good chocolate is the milk choc from perfumers apprentice, Im really liking their flavors and their bottles are great all come with droppers. Another thing I like is many of the flavors dont use food coloring. Maybe Dan can talk to Linda and have her do more flavors without food color.

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
I have tried the PA Milk Chocolate... and I am ordering the Chocolate. The Milk Chocolate is a bit subtle for me. Maybe a blend of the two will be perfect for my taste. I'll see soon!

:)

I mixed it with the Blackcherry and thought it was fantastic, I also mixed it with caramel and loved that to. To me choc is a flavor that needs to be mixed with something. The next mix I make will be with english toffee. I personally dont eat straight choc either, it has caramel,or nuts or peanuts or something with it but we are all different.

I havent tryed Cappellas double choc and the only other choc I tryed was loranns which is absolutely horrible IMO.

Hey have you tryed the Cappellas coffee crumb cake Im hoping that it is good.

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I have tried the Crumb Cake (I think they might have renamed it.... I was kind of confused last time I was on the site.) It has a very heavy cinnamon flavor to me - complete with a bite. It wasn't what I was expecting but I do like it.

I'm generally not fond of LorAnn flavorings for e-liquid. I do use their English Toffee, Cotton Candy, Marshmallow, and some of the oils.

I am in LOVE with the Perfumers Apprentice Caramel! In my opinion it is the best out there. I'll try mixing some of it with the Milk Chocolate and see how it works for me. Do you have particular percentages that you recommend?

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
Cool it wasn't just me that did not like lorann's chocolate... I tried it and it wasn't the best moment in my limited DIY... trying to justify a spending spree at PA right now but I don't know if that is going to happen...LOL

The PA sample sizes are great... not expensive and perfect for finding out what you like. Think of all the money you will save by mixing it yourself. ;)

Guineahill

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2009
King George Virginia USA
I do my best! :rolleyes:

As far as your other flavors go... I, and many others, do use oils. In general I use one drop of vodka for each drop of oil added to e-liquid. AND I rarely go over one drop of oil per ml liquid. I haven't had any problems at all using them.

(I also have been planning on using all the flavors I have collected that don't work for vaping in candy making. I really should get started on that soon! :lol:)

Brewster 59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2009
North Bay San Francisco
Cool it wasn't just me that did not like lorann's chocolate... I tried it and it wasn't the best moment in my limited DIY... trying to justify a spending spree at PA right now but I don't know if that is going to happen...LOL

The cool thing about PA is they are reaaaal cheap, Heck I bought a dropper at a DIY place that cost me more than the flavor at PA and all their flavors come with droppers. Im not talking the drop tops all juice comes with these are droppers I can use to mix anything I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread