Lost Vape Mirage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Thanks to @GreySG and his timely sighting of some Mirage mods out in the wild, I now have one coming my way. I was a bit hesitant after the EV debacle, but USPS has it shipping within their tracking system now. I took the precaution of ordering nothing else, just the mod so if it didn't go well it would be an easy refund. But it has made it's first hop through USPS now and I doubt anyone would ship an empty box, so I should have it by Friday. Nice!

Pinggolfer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2013
The Clemson Tigers State
Thanks to @GreySG and his timely sighting of some Mirage mods out in the wild, I now have one coming my way. I was a bit hesitant after the EV debacle, but USPS has it shipping within their tracking system now. I took the precaution of ordering nothing else, just the mod so if it didn't go well it would be an easy refund. But it has made it's first hop through USPS now and I doubt anyone would ship an empty box, so I should have it by Friday. Nice!

Since you only purchased the mod it would be impossible for them to ship you a empty box. Let us know how you like it.

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
Well, I found a way to get a Mirage shipped to CA., ship it with FedEx :cry: I checked the tracking when I got home and found that they have shipped my mods to CA from Memphis. I called to make sure that it wasn't a website error and they told me that there was a big car wreck. :blink: At that point I just hung up. Screwing up I can understand, not owning up to it...maybe tomorrow.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
Success at last! Received my Lost Vape Mirage about an hour ago and it arrived in perfect condition and is everything I'd hoped it would be. Really nice looking mod and very comfortable to hold and vape. And the DNA 75C vapes like I expected... smooth and precise. The Zeus X fits nicely with no overhang, so I'm more than pleased.

Oddly enough, the Green Agate I ordered is actually blue... no green at all which is fine since I prefer blue anyway. If they would have had the Blue Agate in stock I would have ordered that. So that's cool, if not confusing even though the Mirage box is clearly labeled Green Agate.

Mad props to iVapesupply. I ordered after hours NJ time on Tuesday, so a Wednesday order from their perspective. It shipped the same day as they promised and delivered in SoCal on Friday. Even USPS didn't screw it up. So iVapesupply is on my most favored vendor list now and I won't hesitate to order from them again. No drama from a vendor is a pleasant change.

On the Element Vape front, I received an email from them today saying they received the return items and they inspected and approved for refund. They said it will take 2 to 3 days to show up in my bank account, which is not bad (as long as it happens) so hopefully that little adventure is concluding. Sometimes patience and a sense of humor pays off... other times it escalates to the beat down phase. I much prefer the former.

All in all... a very good day with a very good vape in hand.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have two green agates now.. Neither of them have any green to speak of - just blueness, with my more recent one including a bit of of orange (o_O).

I figure it must be one of those superb Chinese to Chinglish conversion things. :)
They just randomly add the colors in. So every one is unique. :D

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
If you are still looking for a Mirage you may want to try iVapeSupply. I ordered a Skar and a Mirage this afternoon and they have already shipped.
Say I already have two Mirages, but I had zero Skar mods. So I ordered two Skar mods (great $65.97 price btw) and one came with the silicone sleeve (silver) and the other one did not (black). Did you get a sleeve and what color did you get?

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Success at last! Received my Lost Vape Mirage about an hour ago and it arrived in perfect condition and is everything I'd hoped it would be. Really nice looking mod and very comfortable to hold and vape. And the DNA 75C vapes like I expected... smooth and precise. The Zeus X fits nicely with no overhang, so I'm more than pleased.

Oddly enough, the Green Agate I ordered is actually blue... no green at all which is fine since I prefer blue anyway. If they would have had the Blue Agate in stock I would have ordered that. So that's cool, if not confusing even though the Mirage box is clearly labeled Green Agate.

Mad props to iVapesupply. I ordered after hours NJ time on Tuesday, so a Wednesday order from their perspective. It shipped the same day as they promised and delivered in SoCal on Friday. Even USPS didn't screw it up. So iVapesupply is on my most favored vendor list now and I won't hesitate to order from them again. No drama from a vendor is a pleasant change.

On the Element Vape front, I received an email from them today saying they received the return items and they inspected and approved for refund. They said it will take 2 to 3 days to show up in my bank account, which is not bad (as long as it happens) so hopefully that little adventure is concluding. Sometimes patience and a sense of humor pays off... other times it escalates to the beat down phase. I much prefer the former.

All in all... a very good day with a very good vape in hand.

That’s great news! Don’t you love how comfortable the Mirage is?? I’ve been using my black Zeus single atty on it and I love the way it looks!!

GreySG

Dec 27, 2013
AL, USA
My mods finally arrived after touring the USA. Both are as expected and working fine. The Skar did come with a sleeve, this ghastly green/black thing. Promptly stuck it back in the box, now when I pass my kids can have a look and say Dad might have had some taste after all. For some reason the Skar seems to resonate with me better than the Mirage, perhaps its the weight/fit in my hand, just seems solid. I've put an Aspire Nepho 27mm tank on top which looks to be made for the mod.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
The Skar did come with a sleeve, this ghastly green/black thing.
Was yours the silver one? Yeah that sleeve is pretty ugly alright. :lol:
For some reason the Skar seems to resonate with me better than the Mirage, perhaps its the weight/fit in my hand, just seems solid. I've put an Aspire Nepho 27mm tank on top which looks to be made for the mod.
Same here. I am running my FreeMax Mesh Pro tanks on them right now. They go perfect with them. But they look great on the Mirage mods too. ;)

Reactions: stols001

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
That’s great news! Don’t you love how comfortable the Mirage is?? I’ve been using my black Zeus single atty on it and I love the way it looks!!

I find the Mirage very comfortable. It is a bit heavy with a 21700 battery, but I can always throw a 18650 in it if I want a lighter weight. I'm also really pleased with the DNA75C. This is the first DNA mod I've had with replay and I really like how I can change all the mod parameters from the UI. That is so much easier than cabling up to escribe. I need to explore some different themes now.

I'm running the Zeus X with it and currently have it single coiled with a 24Ga SS316l, 8 Wrap, 4.5mm ID that comes in at .62 Ohm. Just a really nice, smooth vape in TC mode. I was thinking about getting a Zeus atty, but TBH, the X is vaping so well in single coil mode I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer it over the original Zeus... dunno. A good sale could easily sway me into buying one. Or someone talking me into it in a weak moment, and I've had more than a few weak moments lately with 4 mod and 3 atty purchases in the last month. I think I'm mod sated right now.

For sure no buyers remorse, absolutely happy with the purchase of the Mirage, and the price was really good too.

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
I find the Mirage very comfortable. It is a bit heavy with a 21700 battery, but I can always throw a 18650 in it if I want a lighter weight. I'm also really pleased with the DNA75C. This is the first DNA mod I've had with replay and I really like how I can change all the mod parameters from the UI. That is so much easier than cabling up to escribe. I need to explore some different themes now.

I'm running the Zeus X with it and currently have it single coiled with a 24Ga SS316l, 8 Wrap, 4.5mm ID that comes in at .62 Ohm. Just a really nice, smooth vape in TC mode. I was thinking about getting a Zeus atty, but TBH, the X is vaping so well in single coil mode I'm not sure I wouldn't prefer it over the original Zeus... dunno. A good sale could easily sway me into buying one. Or someone talking me into it in a weak moment, and I've had more than a few weak moments lately with 4 mod and 3 atty purchases in the last month. I think I'm mod sated right now.

For sure no buyers remorse, absolutely happy with the purchase of the Mirage, and the price was really good too.

I am trying so hard to be strong, but your post makes it difficult. I am afraid I am about to buy a Mirage any second now.....

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
My first door latch broke, if it's any consolation. By comparing it to my SECOND one, it was defective from the beginning.

I was not impressed for over a 100 dollar mod. I mean, the husband fixed it and said he needs some sort of "product" to fix it permanently which I trust he will.

For me though it was sheer luck it fell out when it did and I found it. And, it's not the type of thing you can warranty really easily, to be honest. I mean, who has a replacement in stock.KWIM?

I am doing my best here and frankly I would probably still love mine (and my second one is fabulous) even if I had to hold it closed with electrical tape o something. I would still love it, but with some resentment type of thing. I would start calling it "mom" is what I am saying.

Fortunately I have a dude around who fixes everything. Seriously he did a repair on my dentures a month or so ago on my dentures that I was like just "FIX THIS" because I couldn't face a dentist visit so soon and it's still fine after a Month with one of those at home repair kits.
Anna

Reactions: BillW50

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
I just noticed that even though the package is labeled as having Replay on it my last Mirage doesn’t actually have Replay on it.

I use tc that’s why I hadn’t noticed it before but I was looking through the different settings and discovered it’s not listed.

It came with the DJLs Theme on it which has the Replay feature so I’m not sure where it disappeared to.

Normally with my other DNA 75Cs the Replay feature is active in the Watts mode but not on this one.

Did anyone else run into this? Did your Mirages all come w DJLs DNA 75C Theme or something else? (And yes that’s an international version) On the information section About page the theme type should be listed.

Otherwise I’ll have to dig out my laptop and hook it up to Escribe to install it. Pita.

Pictures of your theme would help.
Thanks.

9EE6ED67-CC67-4B42-9099-A67C53FA4533.jpeg

Reactions: stols001

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Both of mine were the same way. The box was labeled as the Mirage having Replay. However, I bought both of mine when they were first released, I don't think Evolve even released Replay for the 75c until a few weeks later. I'm guessing the packaging is meant to infer it is Replay 'capable', not that the included theme already had it.

Youll need to load a Replay enabled theme. If you like DJLSB's theme, there's a version of it on the Evolve download forum that is his theme that somebody added Replay to.

You would think they would have added it to later production runs, but I'm wondering if they even did another production run or if they all came from the initial production.

Jazzman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2013
High Desert, CA
I just noticed that even though the package is labeled as having Replay on it my last Mirage doesn’t actually have Replay on it.

I use tc that’s why I hadn’t noticed it before but I was looking through the different settings and discovered it’s not listed.

As @score69 said, the DJLsb theme does not come with replay. Just pick another theme from the Evolv website, or the modified DJL theme and you will have replay.

This confused me for a bit too as I thought it should have Replay out of the box, but it didn't. Just look at it as a good reason to check out some of the other excellent themes, there are a few really good themes to try and all your settings will not be lost since the escribe settings are separate from the theme itself. So it only takes a couple of minutes to try a new theme. Smart of Evolv to keep the device settings you program separate from the theme itself so you can easily change and try new themes without re-programming everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread