Lost Vape Therion DNA75 Squonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
I caved and ordered one (along with a 2nd Hadaly). I'm not a regulated person, but, at this price I can't resist trying it out. Compared to my mechs this can be considered a beater due to it being fairly inexpensive.

Their upcoming Drone, too...it looks awesome.

Yeah, I'm normally a mech guy myself. This was my first regulated mod in years and honestly, they've come a long way from what I remember. Using a dna powered mod for the first time can be a little finicky (especially if using it in TC mode), but once you get it dialed in, your set. Been using mine in TC with SS 316L and it's a wonderful vape.

And the Hadaly pairs exceptionally well with the Therion :thumb:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Yeah, I'm normally a mech guy myself. This was my first regulated mod in years and honestly, they've come a long way from what I remember. Using a DNA powered mod for the first time can be a little finicky (especially if using it in TC mode), but once you get it dialed in, your set. Been using mine in TC with SS 316L and it's a wonderful vape.

And the Hadaly pairs exceptionally well with the Therion :thumb:
I hear ya, that DNA settings stuff will be a whole new world to me. I use 316L on my mechs anyway so I'll give it a shot in TC. Basically I just do a spaced coil to make it work, yeah? I do those anyway, unless doing parallels like my current Hadaly has in it.

I can see during stressful moments appreciating the ability to increase wattage. I can also see the appeal in building a higher-ohm build and throwing extra wattage at it. This will be interesting. I'll prolly' be in the lab a lot once I get it :D

Reactions: cigatron

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
I hear ya, that DNA settings stuff will be a whole new world to me. I use 316L on my mechs anyway so I'll give it a shot in TC. Basically I just do a spaced coil to make it work, yeah? I do those anyway, unless doing parallels like my current Hadaly has in it.

I can see during stressful moments appreciating the ability to increase wattage. I can also see the appeal in building a higher-ohm build and throwing extra wattage at it. This will be interesting. I'll prolly' be in the lab a lot once I get it :D

Not sure if they fixed it yet on later models, but the TC curve for 316L SS is wrong, it's gonna be real hot. If you do want to dabble with TC using 316L SS I would recommend downloading the 316L csv file from Steam Engine and replace the 316L profile Lost Vapes set the Therion up with.

Heres a zip with a few different 316L csv's and profiles that I've enjoyed:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xx017u2o859817x/SS316L_DNA_profiles_and_csv.zip

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Actually most of them are wrong, especially the one for SS 430, that one's way off. First thing I do when getting a new dna mod is delete all the materials and load mine

FYI the curve they have for 316L is actually spot on for regular 316

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Just keep in mind dna mods are not "plug and play" in TC unless you're just using nickel and titanium. All other materials you'll have to download the correct csv bc the stock ones are all screwed up.

Not sure why, but dna's are the only regulated mods I've ever owned so I've seen all the updates, somewhere along the line the materials started getting all screwy.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Just keep in mind dna mods are not "plug and play" in TC unless you're just using nickel and titanium. All other materials you'll have to download the correct csv bc the stock ones are all screwed up.

Not sure why, but dna's are the only regulated mods I've ever owned so I've seen all the updates, somewhere along the line the materials started getting all screwy.

Could have been things got screwy when you started using SS for tc? That may not be a problem with Evolv's tcr curves as much as the wire manufacturer's variations in quality control. I've seen China manufactured 316 SS wire vary in tcr (at 420°f) from 82 to 105. Just say'n.
Each time I order a new spool of wire I do a dry cotton burn test at 420°f and write the tcr value on the wire spool.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sloth Tonight

JamezC

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2013
Arkansas
Due to arrive tomorrow :)
Trying to figure out what build to toss in the Hadaly. im running a parallel 28g 316L .38 ohms right now on my mech. Thinking single strand of 26g aiming for .5 or .6 for the Therion.

That's exactly how I build my Hadaly for the Therion, actually. 26g SS316L, 3mm ID, around 8-9 wraps which usually nets around .6.

I wasn't paying attention when I was winding the coil that's currently in my Hadaly, so I ended up with 10 wraps coming out to .73. Of course, with a DNA is doesn't really matter if your a wrap or two over ;) just gotta adjust the settings a little to compensate.

Rbwkh1V.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
That's exactly how I build my Hadaly for the Therion, actually. 26g SS316L, 3mm ID, around 8-9 wraps which usually nets around .6.

I wasn't paying attention when I was winding the coil that's currently in my Hadaly, so I ended up with 10 wraps coming out to .73. Of course, with a DNA is doesn't really matter if your a wrap or two over ;) just gotta adjust the settings a little to compensate.

Rbwkh1V.jpg
Sounds great. So excited to try this!

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Due to arrive tomorrow :)
Trying to figure out what build to toss in the Hadaly. im running a parallel 28g 316L .38 ohms right now on my mech. Thinking single strand of 26g aiming for .5 or .6 for the Therion.

I'm running a 2.5mm 5wrap (2)28g 316ss/38g KA1 .39-ish ohm fused clapton that's mind blowing in the Hadaly. With rayon of course. Be sure ti leave the wick tails thick enough to fan out, that way all of the air has to pass by the coil instead of leaking through the wick tails.

46W of pure vaping bliss!
IMG_20170406_163535_908-1.jpg

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
It hath arrived, and is much nicer looking than I expected. This is nice! The button feels good, but isn't perfectly centered, so we'll see if it causes issues. I'm impressed with it by looks and feel in hand. The battery design, though dumb, isn't a real problem for me. Haven't vaped it yet. I'm soaking the bottles right now for good cleaning and running the Hadaly through the UC. I had a real problem getting the BF pin in the Hadaly. Didn't have a problem on my first one but this one, the post it screws into is slightly wobbly even after I finally got it in. I dunno what's up with that, :unsure:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Oh man, the regulated world's a trip. I'm really sick right now and literally can't taste anything at the moment. I can't wait to see how changing wattage affects my flavors.

Couple of questions:

1) I'm just in power mode, using SS316L, but it says KA on my screen and is reading the ohms wrong...how do I change that?
2) Is there a way to adjust my atty to line the airholes up the way I want them?

The.Drifter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2013
Virginia
Oh man, the regulated world's a trip. I'm really sick right now and literally can't taste anything at the moment. I can't wait to see how changing wattage affects my flavors.

Couple of questions:

1) I'm just in power mode, using SS316L, but it says KA on my screen and is reading the ohms wrong...how do I change that?
2) Is there a way to adjust my atty to line the airholes up the way I want them?

I've changed my default profiles, but I believe wattage mode is just labeled KA, it's still in watts.

To reset your ohms, just pull the atty off and hit the fire button without a atty on it and it will say no atomizer, then just reattach your atty and press fire and it should be correct.

I use a oring under my atty to help align air holes to the mod. The Theorin's 510 is spring loaded, so the oring will give resistance and stiffen up the atty if it's not bottomed out and still make a good connection.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I've changed my default profiles, but I believe wattage mode is just labeled KA, it's still in watts.

To reset your ohms, just pull the atty off and hit the fire button without a atty on it and it will say no atomizer, then just reattach your atty and press fire and it should be correct.

I use a oring under my atty to help align air holes to the mod. The Theorin's 510 is spring loaded, so the oring will give resistance and stiffen up the atty if it's not bottomed out and still make a good connection.
Thanks man, much appreciated :)

Reactions: The.Drifter

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio

Couple of questions:

Stainless increases in resistance as it heats up,so after a few seconds it won't read at the same ohms as you made the coil at.Once it cools back down,it should read correctly.
As for adjusting the rda,i use a Hadaly on mine too,and i like the air holes to the sides,so what i did was tighten it down,then back it off just a bit to get the holes where i want them.Still gets a connection just fine,it's just not cranked down all the way tight.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar

Couple of questions:

You're using ss so it changes res with temp. If you leave it sit at room temp for 15-20min it will read the correct cold ohms. In temp control setting cold res is manditory for proper tc setup.
To change profiles from Ti to SS to KA etc. double press the up or down key after locking the power setting (by pressing and holding the up and down keys).
I know, it sounds like a pita but once you learn the various key combos it's quick and easy.

Flavor will def change with power or temp settings. They both achieve the same thing in that regard but in different ways.
The nice thing about DNAs is the true DC ouput in both power and temp modes. Flavor will be as good or better than mech mods but without the hassle of finding the perfect build for every new atty and dealing with voltage drop as the battery depletes. You can just lob whatever build you want in your tank or rda and run with it without worrying about changes in flavor until the battery is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread