Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Happy Friday whether or not it matters ;)

1756140.gif

• Winner
Reactions: Uncle

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning people! It's a bit chilly here this morning at 44 degrees, but it will warm up nicely this afternoon.

I got hung up on Ancestry this morning. Research goes in fits and spurts and this morning my grandmother was the focus. I never realized that in her late 30s she had 3 babies under the age of 3, one of which was not even hers! Yikes!

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning, Loungers! :)

I sometimes take a nap in the afternoons, but yesterday was the kicker! Just laid down to rest my eyes about 11enish am, and didn't wake up till 11:30 pm last night....Literally turned day into night..:confused:...don't know why that happened and wonder if my body was fighting something, but feel bright and chipper this morning.......even if I feel a bit drowsy this afternoon, I will NOT take a nap! :)

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Morning everyone...

RMbWrTpGQ7KAYjsJQ9lBpE5dtOzOCkOEDaHUezsItd_3rw9h8JDYgl3u_8BDy7-sPgi3r_Uae6bXfcWEy9cVBEftDdpbuY1uQjaroR9S9C5mF1jKAa75ei2kr4LLd128C9xHESwbYs2L4bB7LxBk54tRKoqd0LHMz_JhLBS-ZKWnW2thUnPhLrbbFx6-9bjEpShi3mP-nWcpbiXP6sJzX9S8Q9ubaRNprY43WldPhefbFsxZNHQRCqzPWKWHZxB3jpWTvaByoxQDWMe24o_xqRoyM55uzsJbaZ7NZknerNalMVibGj-MiCpLbuf8T7jQW_rttAsZyfQAbxlCHBoXMdGMFAJxMHh2GcHLn_Ev1p3m82CYCZOQGJ3_HcA1Od5zhyI0akl0lbUIfUKq-hZx3qQUscjX--p9Ef1qZDQWDoALIv6asueaBU5Euim1gpBrGX7vycwGSFFYJtLfGMHo40wmbJyBmKP48Jx-GY3lRS-0L08OVQjd_aeJQWt2AHYL2gVIvffo12gpKIDFU8Pjl45ZYZ9xu_wzxg6AQPA1r_tf1-adcyDbmEKlYTWhblci75UGjv5b4w5D1GUbj9qJNzdCe7fRsVNRDCNMH5tG5tppQvhsCMo0Nwbn_68R3tQohOnEzSTrzxuxPfT_3Tpnww4VDuCxbVF4GPnW82-jswNjDVtOqqEosw=s600-no

Good morning, Loungers! :)

I sometimes take a nap in the afternoons, but yesterday was the kicker! Just laid down to rest my eyes about 11enish am, and didn't wake up till 11:30 pm last night....Literally turned day into night..:confused:...don't know why that happened and wonder if my body was fighting something, but feel bright and chipper this morning.......even if I feel a bit drowsy this afternoon, I will NOT take a nap! :)

Welcome to my life...;) You've just experienced why I can never take naps...

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
I posted this on the Front Porch but also wanted to share it here. The local vape shop that was instrumental in helping me quit smoking the death sticks is closing up shop. I stopped in to say hi and visit for a bit and found out they are closing. Everything in the store was 50% off. It was so depressing I didn't even stay. They don't know the last day but it will be soon. They also said their decision to close is a direct result of the upcoming flavor ban. I'm really bummed about the closing. I made some really good friends in that shop.

The good news for the day is that I went to Bass Pro and bought a 3X magnifier to go with the red dot sight on my bang-stick. If the weather cooperates, I am going to the public range tomorrow and sight it in. I have the feeling that this is going to be a real good pig killer. There are a lot of feral hogs that are tearing up crops for the farmers in the state. Having hunted coyotes and hogs for a couple of local farmers, I'm also registered on a state-run website for volunteer feral hog hunters.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
And there is our beloved Classy! Right in front giving the thumbs up. Love it!!

WOW !! ! It looks more like "classie" is turning into a Surfer/Calif Boy's - "Hang Ten"/ "Hang Cool" /"Hang Loose" . . . Probably very reminiscent of earlier days . . . :lol: :lol: :lol:

67VDjUa.jpg

BTW:
Although very sexist - Did Ya' see those legs and heels on her . . .

emb.gif

Behind me is my Boss

WqVUwBs.gif

I Know - I Know - "My" Bad, just couldn't pass-up a great opportunity . . . :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
evening, all!

in spite of defying the odds-makers, but through no fault of my own, i am still alive...

it's been a year or so since i last logged onto ecf. tonight, something drew me. apparently, today was Reosmods last day. bummer.

so, of course, i came here, which was the last thread i used to read regularly. seems like everyone, like me, is still kicking. yay us :)

my oldest daughter has recently moved in with me, so at least i have no more fear of it taking a month or more to discover me after i check out. we're planning a trip to visit my sister in ohio, and maybe a side-trip to either D.C. or NYC. i might actually use my free miles for me for once, rather than give them away.

a few of you may recall that i had a problem with blood sugar (especially those in this thread who actually saved my life one night. thanks yiddle, kay, anyone else i forgot) that no longer seems to be a problem. i eat like a pig now. often... how i've maintained my weight remains a mystery. yay me...

it was great watching all the student climate change protests today. unbelievable that a climate denier is... (oops- i forgot we can't get political)

how can people who experience climate change vote for this moronic (oops, again)

of course, its perfectly normal to recruit the Ukrainian head to (oops- what's wrong with me?)

i used to say that i lost my politics back in the 60s... after campaigning as a teen, by the time i was able to vote, i was burnt out. i voted for the first time in 2016 (umm, thanks yiddle :) )

ah well, guess i'll see y'all in another year or two

love y'all

Edit: love seeing my sig is still intact...

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
evening, all!

in spite of defying the odds-makers, but through no fault of my own, i am still alive...

it's been a year or so since i last logged onto ecf. tonight, something drew me. apparently, today was Reosmods last day. bummer.

so, of course, i came here, which was the last thread i used to read regularly. seems like everyone, like me, is still kicking. yay us :)

my oldest daughter has recently moved in with me, so at least i have no more fear of it taking a month or more to discover me after i check out. we're planning a trip to visit my sister in ohio, and maybe a side-trip to either D.C. or NYC. i might actually use my free miles for me for once, rather than give them away.

a few of you may recall that i had a problem with blood sugar (especially those in this thread who actually saved my life one night. thanks yiddle, kay, anyone else i forgot) that no longer seems to be a problem. i eat like a pig now. often... how i've maintained my weight remains a mystery. yay me...

it was great watching all the student climate change protests today. unbelievable that a climate denier is... (oops- i forgot we can't get political)

how can people who experience climate change vote for this moronic (oops, again)

of course, its perfectly normal to recruit the Ukrainian head to (oops- what's wrong with me?)

i used to say that i lost my politics back in the 60s... after campaigning as a teen, by the time i was able to vote, i was burnt out. i voted for the first time in 2016 (umm, thanks yiddle :) )

love y'all

OMGoodness, so good to see you!!!! Didn't know what to make of your absence but glad to know you are 'eating like a pig' and feel well.

We did have our good and funny chats, now, didn't we?!?!

Yep, it's sad about REOs mods; sign of the times, I guess!! :(

Glad you're back, and please don't wait a year before you sign in again..........we've missed you!!
Gracie

ETA: ah, those chickens!!! :lol:

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning Bea and Rose and whoever else appears to be awake this morning. A little chilly at 46 degrees this morning, but it's going up to about 84 today. I'll take it! The kids are all coming tomorrow for an end-of-summer pool party. Hope they don't think this Nana is going to get in!! With the nights in the 40s that water is way too cold for me, but I don't suppose the kids will care at least until they start turning blue.

evening, all!

love y'all

Well look who stopped by!! Good to hear from you and that it sounds like good things are happening in your life! Yay you!!

Users who are viewing this thread