Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
evening, all!

in spite of defying the odds-makers, but through no fault of my own, i am still alive...

it's been a year or so since i last logged onto ecf. tonight, something drew me. apparently, today was Reosmods last day. bummer.

so, of course, i came here, which was the last thread i used to read regularly. seems like everyone, like me, is still kicking. yay us :)

my oldest daughter has recently moved in with me, so at least i have no more fear of it taking a month or more to discover me after i check out. we're planning a trip to visit my sister in ohio, and maybe a side-trip to either D.C. or NYC. i might actually use my free miles for me for once, rather than give them away.

a few of you may recall that i had a problem with blood sugar (especially those in this thread who actually saved my life one night. thanks yiddle, kay, anyone else i forgot) that no longer seems to be a problem. i eat like a pig now. often... how i've maintained my weight remains a mystery. yay me...

it was great watching all the student climate change protests today. unbelievable that a climate denier is... (oops- i forgot we can't get political)

how can people who experience climate change vote for this moronic (oops, again)

of course, its perfectly normal to recruit the Ukrainian head to (oops- what's wrong with me?)

i used to say that i lost my politics back in the 60s... after campaigning as a teen, by the time i was able to vote, i was burnt out. i voted for the first time in 2016 (umm, thanks yiddle :) )

ah well, guess i'll see y'all in another year or two

love y'all

Edit: love seeing my sig is still intact...

So good to hear from you!!! Don't know if you know that both Ginny and Patrick are gone (2legs). Other than that, we are all here!

Please stop by more often, you have been missed!

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all. 52 and heading for the high 60s. Rains may back off for the day, or not :)

1756296.gif

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Hi all, my son is doing OK. The house is flooded (again) and they lost both cars. They are staying at the inlaws in Louisiana for the time being. When the water level lowers they will start the cleaning and replacing things as needed. Another example of reasons to have insurance.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Back some time ago, mamatried (Dennis, I think, but my memory is not the greatest today) .. was a participant in the Google Hangouts that were all the rage for a time .. these days, there just does not seem to be much interest in Computer Face time like there used to be .. Dave (Bells) and Patrick (legs) also were semi-frequent Visitors .. in Dave's case, he got T-ed off one night because he thought people were interrupting him and thusly, I never saw him again .. Dave was like that .. I will say, Dave had what I call a DJ voice and I would tell him he could start a new career using that voice ..

at any rate ..

The first night Mama showed up in a Hang Out, I was 2 sheets to the wind already, working on a 3rd, and I broke into an acapella of the wonderful Merle Haggard tune, from memory, since I've always loved that song .. I got a good laugh out of him on that .. so, whether you come back tomorrow or in a year, Mama, do please drop by when you can ..

I've extolled the sheer Goodness of the PBS Ken Burns Documentary "Country Music" from the jump .. so, I'll let you in on a little secret :: Other than to test a repair job or some custom work, I've not picked up a guitar in quite some time just to enjoy playing it .. after the 1st Episode of the documentary, I was pulled to my old Martin and started noodling around with that Old Friend once again .. and concentrating on those old songs .. my dexterity is not what it used to be and I've got a ways to go to get it back (lack of practice will do that) .. the hand shakiness that still comes and goes is not helping but I'm slowly trying to re-capture some passion ..

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Hi all, my son is doing OK. The house is flooded (again) and they lost both cars. They are staying at the inlaws in Louisiana for the time being. When the water level lowers they will start the cleaning and replacing things as needed. Another example of reasons to have insurance.
Oh, that sucks that both cars were lost.
Insurance does reduce SOME of the stress, but the emotional turmoil can be overwhelming.
Hope they are handling it the best way they can!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
On about any Thread on any Forum, it's tough to know if anything you write is ever really remembered .. I told the story of my joining of Ancestry which ultimately led to the discovery of my Biological Father, who I had never had any idea of since my Mother never talked about him .. I had always figured the man that raised me was my real Dad ..

The tragedy was, a couple months after the discovery, he passed ..

I've tried and tried to get some piece of him, something he owned and touched, in order to, in my own Brain, make some sort of connection, somehow .. (I know that sounds kind of odd)

I was finally able to have sent to me a small, very well carved Bavarian Music Box, which was told to me to be something he kept on his nightstand .. got it yesterday .. the serendipity of this is highlighted by what the Music Box plays when wound ..

Tom Petty became Tom Petty thru an early in life encounter with Elvis Presley which, according to Petty, cemented his love of Rock and inspired him .. later, Petty would pay a small tribute to Elvis by covering this song .. an Old German Folksong adapted to "G.I. Blues" .. and the same song that plays on the Music Box ..

This small trinket, I have no doubt, will now reside with me, on my nightstand until the Reaper calls .. and when I open it, and it plays, my mind will wander and wonder what could have been yet will never be ..

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    evening, all!

in spite of defying the odds-makers, but through no fault of my own, i am still alive...

it's been a year or so since i last logged onto ecf. tonight, something drew me. apparently, today was Reosmods last day. bummer.

so, of course, i came here, which was the last thread i used to read regularly. seems like everyone, like me, is still kicking. yay us :)

my oldest daughter has recently moved in with me, so at least i have no more fear of it taking a month or more to discover me after i check out. we're planning a trip to visit my sister in ohio, and maybe a side-trip to either D.C. or NYC. i might actually use my free miles for me for once, rather than give them away.

a few of you may recall that i had a problem with blood sugar (especially those in this thread who actually saved my life one night. thanks yiddle, kay, anyone else i forgot) that no longer seems to be a problem. i eat like a pig now. often... how i've maintained my weight remains a mystery. yay me...

it was great watching all the student climate change protests today. unbelievable that a climate denier is... (oops- i forgot we can't get political)

how can people who experience climate change vote for this moronic (oops, again)

of course, its perfectly normal to recruit the Ukrainian head to (oops- what's wrong with me?)

i used to say that i lost my politics back in the 60s... after campaigning as a teen, by the time i was able to vote, i was burnt out. i voted for the first time in 2016 (umm, thanks yiddle :) )

love y'all

Welcome back:wub:

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    On about any Thread on any Forum, it's tough to know if anything you write is ever really remembered .. I told the story of my joining of Ancestry which ultimately led to the discovery of my Biological Father, who I had never had any idea of since my Mother never talked about him .. I had always figured the man that raised me was my real Dad ..

I've tried and tried to get some piece of him, something he owned and touched, in order to, in my own Brain, make some sort of connection, somehow .. (I know that sounds kind of odd)

I was finally able to have sent to me a small, very well carved Bavarian Music Box, which was told to me to be something he kept on his nightstand .. got it yesterday .. the serendipity of this is highlighted by what the Music Box plays when wound ..

Tom Petty became Tom Petty thru an early in life encounter with Elvis Presley which, according to Petty, cemented his love of Rock and inspired him .. later, Petty would pay a small tribute to Elvis by covering this song .. an Old German Folksong adapted to "G.I. Blues" .. and the same song that plays on the Music Box ..

This small trinket, I have no doubt, will now reside with me, on my nightstand until the Reaper calls .. and when I open it, and it plays, my mind will wander and wonder what could have been yet will never be ..

WOW, just WOW! Cherish it, a small part of your life that has been returned to you. :wub:

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    evening, all!

love y'all

HMPHH...it better well NOT be another year or two mister!!:grr:

You have...believe it or not.... been SORELY MISSED!!!!

...you're still as sharp as a tack,tho...per the four lines with the "oops" after each one:lol:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 23, 2011
    Skippack, PA
    evening, all!

love y'all

Well looky there ... a spirit from ECF past. Really nice to hear from you. Hope it doesn't take another year for your next sighting.

That's incredible UW. What a connection! Likely makes you ponder more about who he was and what he was about. Regardless, it's surely a piece of him you'll treasure.

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida
    evening, all!

love y'all

:wub:

classwife

Admin
    Admin
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 9, 2010
    Wesley Chapel, Florida

Users who are viewing this thread