Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Thankfully, not our coffee pot ;)

pb191015.gif

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Thanks Rose but it's not the same. The one I like is box-shape where this one is tube-shape.

BTW I don't see a green lock on the Greek site??? Am I missing it?
    That is the point, if no green lock it means the site is not secure.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Hola .. :)

During the Summer Months, I generally am invited and attend two Family Reunions .. although my blood ties to these Families is pretty well non-existent, they are kind enough to invite me ..

At one such event, the Fine Ladies that organize things always sell raffle tickets for various things, mainly Gift Baskets that they put together during the year in order to help defray the costs of the next years Reunion .. I always buy $20 worth of tickets, rarely win anything .. this year, one of my tickets was a winner .. Winners get to pick an item off the gift table and I picked the "Coffee Gift Basket" ..

It was filled with various Coffee related shwag .. mainly, pre made packets of various Coffee's that you can just dump in your brew machine .. so, I decided a couple weeks ago I would work my way thru the selection, not wanting to waste them .. they have names on them like "Jamaican Me Happy", "Ethiopian Blend", "Brazilian Delight", etc .. some were OK, some were very strong, some were just plain bad (I drank them anyway) ..

At the end of this Experiment, I remain firmly a Maxwell House fan .. and, if I'm lucky enough to win another Basket in a coming year, I will not select the "Coffee Gift Basket" ..
    Hi, Willie! I keep losing my link to this thread. Probably just thinking I followed it.
    Your coffee comment brought to mind I tried for the first time about 3 weeks ago. I was pet/house sitting just outside of College Station for a couple of weeks. They don't drink coffee anymore, but they have weekend visitors almost every week, so they have a big basket full of K-cups that contains coffees guests leave for others to share. I came across Texas Pecan from HEB's brand Casa Ole. Now I'm really not much of a flavored coffee drinker in the mornings & don't drink coffee after about 10am anyway. I just don't want it after that. Afternoon's or evenings I might drink a flavored decaf. This Texas Pecan actually tastes like pecan. They grind them with coffee & roast together. So it's not an added flavoring like I've seen with others. A little sweetener makes it a great dessert type coffee & it would be good as a cappuccino. I liked it so much I got some for home. We had our first cold snap last week & it was a warm up drink. A touch of bourbon in it would be really good! I found it on Amazon too, if anyone is interested.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 24, 2012
    Central Texas
    Hi, Willie! I keep losing my link to this thread. Probably just thinking I followed it.
    Your coffee comment brought to mind I tried for the first time about 3 weeks ago. I was pet/house sitting just outside of College Station for a couple of weeks. They don't drink coffee anymore, but they have weekend visitors almost every week, so they have a big basket full of K-cups that contains coffees guests leave for others to share. I came across Texas Pecan from HEB's brand Casa Ole. Now I'm really not much of a flavored coffee drinker in the mornings & don't drink coffee after about 10am anyway. I just don't want it after that. Afternoon's or evenings I might drink a flavored decaf. This Texas Pecan actually tastes like pecan. They grind them with coffee & roast together. So it's not an added flavoring like I've seen with others. A little sweetener makes it a great dessert type coffee & it would be good as a cappuccino. I liked it so much I got some for home. We had our first cold snap last week & it was a warm up drink. A touch of bourbon in it would be really good! I found it on Amazon too, if anyone is interested.

A shot of vodka goes well with coffee and cream too.

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    [QUOTE="Janet H, post: 22162849]
    @Kenna I'd forgotten that our birthdays were so close together! I hope that you had a lovely birthday and many, many more of them!

@DancingHeretik Happy Birthday!!!

View attachment 844857 [/QUOTE]

Thank, but my birthday was in August. So you weren't forgetting after all! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie

Hola .. :)

Kenna, Kenna, Kenna .. well, even though I pretty much decided that weird Coffee blends are just not, my, er, cup 'o coffee, that Pecan blend does sound kinda nice .. :cool:

I also do not generally caffeinate after about 10AM or so, or at least until my giant Quick Trip cup gets drained .. (I technically only drink one cup per day ..) ..

Bourbon, now you're talking my language .. :eek:

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Thanks, Cathy! [emoji173][emoji173] But I'm a beautiful August people! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Oh well, if I missed it in August, just know you are one of the beautiful August people (and glad I wasn't the only one who misunderstood) :D

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    Might that be browser dependent? True for Firefox, been a long time since I've looked at another...
    I think I'm clicking the little follow flag to follow it, then I unclick it the next time I visit because I forget that I already followed it. Then someone will cross post on the Porches & I find it (or lose it) again. Smh. Today Cathy tagged me in a post & it showed up in my email.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Back in the Old Days, I was a fairly frequent visitor to Mexico .. generally parking on the American side and walking over the bridge, it was usually Del Rio / Acuña or El Paso / Juárez .. I'd gone many times, starting when I was in High School and had my first transport (a motorcycle, that was bought from the Sears Catalog, of all things) ..

We had no feeling of danger and the Mexican folk treated us just like they would treat anyone else .. I grew up and went to school with Latino's for some time, lived next door to them, etc .. so, I've always been comfortable within their Culture .. my Best Friend in High School was a Latino and my first real Girl Friend was Latino as well .. I can't count the many family gatherings and what not that I attended back then, but once you were in with these fine folks, you were in, just like a family member .. it's not that much different today, although now fear plays in .. and, the country of Mexico is a much different place along the Border ..

At any rate, when we would cross the Bridge into Mexico, there was always a small band of young boys at the bottom of that long drop to the river .. they would be on the concrete used to control erosion and would be holding a cone, fabricated out of cardboard and stuck on the end of a broom stick .. these kids would hold up that contraption and yell up at us to throw some coin .. they had so much practice catching the stray change that would sometimes be flung by a ......, they would deftly catch that coin in that cone ..

((Snooze / Lose))

Years later, I'd still go back ..

((Snooze / Lose))

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread