Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Might that be browser dependent? True for Firefox, been a long time since I've looked at another...
    I don't know but every other site I have been on has the security including ecf so I am not gonna use one that doesn't.

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Thanks Rose but it's not the same. The one I like is box-shape where this one is tube-shape.

BTW I don't see a green lock on the Greek site??? Am I missing it?

I think she means the little lock symbol to the left of the URL address.

Oh, good afternoon everyone. At 7:45 a.m. I had to go get 6 tubes of blood drawn for the annual check-up next week. Ugh to these fasting blood tests! And stupid me, I got there, checked in and realized I didn't have the paper work with me! Had to come home and get it which meant the whole thing took twice as long to wait for my coffee! That's not nice!

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    I think she means the little lock symbol to the left of the URL address.

Oh, good afternoon everyone. At 7:45 a.m. I had to go get 6 tubes of blood drawn for the annual check-up next week. Ugh to these fasting blood tests! And stupid me, I got there, checked in and realized I didn't have the paper work with me! Had to come home and get it which meant the whole thing took twice as long to wait for my coffee! That's not nice!
    I hate those fasting tests, too. The Mom & I both have to have them for cholesterol at least once a year. They want it more often but I just refuse. I schedule early & then we go for breakfast. Hmmm. Maybe more often would be nice!

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    I hate those fasting tests, too. The Mom & I both have to have them for cholesterol at least once a year. They want it more often but I just refuse. I schedule early & then we go for breakfast. Hmmm. Maybe more often would be nice!

That's pretty much what we do as well. And then usually try to complete the bi-weekly "supply run", since we're already in town, fed and freshly caffeinated :)

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    That's pretty much what we do as well. And then usually try to complete the bi-weekly "supply run", since we're already in town, fed and freshly caffeinated :)
    Yes! If I'm getting out anyway I get as much done as possible. I'm finding it harder & harder to get out very often anyway. To have to get out just to go get stuck is just indulting. Breafast is both a reward for getting out & incentive to do it. I'm so gratefull for online shopping, including groceries. Especially groceries!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Way - Way - TOO EARLY . . .
    D5qQ.gif

Morin' . . . Where's The Coffee . . .

6 tubes of blood drawn

AH - Yes . . . Every 3 months - never ever get use to it, always hurts, especially when they have to try to find a vein more then once . . . Black & Blue for 2-3 weeks . . .:mad:
    NOT NICE AT ALL . . . :-x

tenor.gif

.​

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2009
    NE Florida
    ROFL!! I LOVE YOU ALL!

OOh, that was a real ooops! Yep, we all be early for good birthday wishes!:lol::lol: We love you right back! :wub:

Way - Way - TOO EARLY . . .
    D5qQ.gif

Morin' . . . Where's The Coffee . . .

AH - Yes . . . Every 3 months - never ever get use to it, always hurts, especially when they have to try to find a vein more then once . . . Black & Blue for 2-3 weeks . . .:mad:
    NOT NICE AT ALL . . . :-x

tenor.gif

Good morning, Loungers! :)
    [/QUOTE]Last time I had blood work done, the 'needle person' LOL) told me I was dehydrated and to make sure the next time, drink plenty of water for two days prior to being stuck with that needle.
    I usually drink 64 oz a day, but then, for some reason, wasn't getting my full of H20. Have blood work scheduled for next week, so we shall see!!

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    FYI:

Okay posted elsewhere, but just have to share here too . . .

:shock: Well - I am absolutely astounded at the moment . . . Got a USP Notice via email this morning, that the one and only real "vaping" product I've wanted and been waiting months for is finally being delivered by Friday . . .

g3-and-IAH_opt.png

Inogen One G3 + Inogen at Home Bundle
    (Thankfully - Rental is paid for by Medicare insurance)

GREAT - To have when absolutely NEEDED and not have to carry around a Large Heavy "MOD" & "tanks" all day. Especially good if Ya' lose electricity - particularly when a Hurricane hits - since the it comes with 2- 4 hour rechargeable batteries and a car charger too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Hola .. :)

I don't much mind the blood draw for a check up .. I'm lucky enough to usually get a Nurse that is pretty good at it, and it goes fast .. that's not to say that sometimes I have had a ham fisted likely trainee that has to poke around or try my other arm .. I don't think my veins are particularly elusive, but I do forget sometimes to up my water intake leading into the appointment ..

I will let you in on a secret :: I always look away as they do the "stick" .. :eek:

Continuing with my ruminations on Mexico ::

Back in those days, we never carried any "credentials" .. you'd walk across unimpeded, go about your business, shop, see the old Mission Churches, get something to eat / drink, visit the Mercado, etc .. and, when returning to the USA, the Customs guy would simply ask your Nationality / Citizenship and if you had anything to declare .. that was it ..

If you would happen to purchase something too large to comfortably carry, then, you'd get a Mexican Taxi to drive you across .. and, although I never got asked for "my papers", we would sometimes get the vehicle searched .. I remember well the time I tried to stupidly get a couple three bottles of Mezcal with Worm across and got caught ..

On a side note :: back years ago, I did a couple months work in Canada and later drove across a good swath .. same story, no "credentials" ever asked for, same story on re-entry into the USA ..

In reflection, I don't think "open borders" would work in todays World, but, it seems to me, we used to have them ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    FYI:

:shock: Well - I am absolutely astounded at the moment . . . Got a USP Notice via email this morning, that the one and only real "Vaping" product I've wanted and been waiting months for is finally being delivered by Friday . . .

g3-and-IAH_opt.png

(Thankfully - Rental is paid for by Medicare Insurance)

GREAT - To have when absolutely NEEDED and not have to carry around a Large Heavy "MOD" & "TANKS" all day. Especially good if Ya' lose electricity - particularly when a Hurricane hits - since the it comes with 2- 4 hour rechargeable batteries and a car charger too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Well, I don't quite know what that is, but congratulations .. :thumb:

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 26, 2015
    Oklahoma City, OK, USA
    FYI:

:shock: Well - I am absolutely astounded at the moment . . . Got a USP Notice via email this morning, that the one and only real "Vaping" product I've wanted and been waiting months for is finally being delivered by Friday . . .

g3-and-IAH_opt.png

(Thankfully - Rental is paid for by Medicare Insurance)

GREAT - To have when absolutely NEEDED and not have to carry around a Large Heavy "MOD" & "TANKS" all day. Especially good if Ya' lose electricity - particularly when a Hurricane hits - since the it comes with 2- 4 hour rechargeable batteries and a car charger too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

You can use a nasal canula and use it while out and about and no one will bother you at all.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Yes! If I'm getting out anyway I get as much done as possible. I'm finding it harder & harder to get out very often anyway. To have to get out just to go get stuck is just insulting. Breakfast is both a reward for getting out & incentive to do it. I'm so grateful for online shopping, including groceries. Especially groceries!

We're too far out for groceries, which is nice for peace and quiet ;) Other than two "convenience" stores, the first real shops are 15 miles from us, and serious shops closer to 25. So, when we have to, we make a day of it and try to get it all done at once. Then get back home and raise the drawbridge :)

Users who are viewing this thread