Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
uh oh ... looks like Kay crossed the line last night and got her post removed. tsk! tsk! :cool:

Hola .. :)

Weirdly enough, if you click on the Avatar, it's not Kay, it's a brand new Member ..

This message by oldbroad1943 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Yesterday at 9:43 PM.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
1793274.gif

Reactions: Kenna

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
uh oh ... looks like Kay crossed the line last night and got her post removed. tsk! tsk! :cool:

Actually - More Then That . . . ."STUFF" Gone (See Below) . . . :eek:

Weirdly enough, if you click on the Avatar, it's not Kay, it's a brand new Member ..

However - I'm not sure about that . . . I just checked the page pretty throughly . . . I do not think it is a new member really . . . Yes - Different Avatar, but same Nickname & ECF User name . . . AND - The profile has been cleared up except for 2 "Recent Activity" which is linked to this thread and shows that she just signed-up yesterday and is now 19 years old . . . :shock:

IMHO - THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE ! ! ! Or - Someone hacked her profile ! ! !

Does anyone know how to contact Kay ? :blink:

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire

This message by oldbroad1943 has been removed from public view. Deleted by a moderator, Yesterday at 9:43 PM.
    I reported it. There can't be 2 members with the same name. Gotta be some kind of mistake.

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    Yes, but Kay's handle is simply "oldbroad" .. there are no numbers beside her handle .. o_O

It shows her (oldbroad1943) ::
    Birthday: August 19 .. says nothing about age ..

You're correct . . . "My" Bad . . . Found "Oldbroad"'s Profile page (https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/oldbroad.24040/) . . . Which proves someone has made a mistake somehow or somewhere . . . "Oldbroad1943" although just signed-up as an ECF Member that person has also been credited with "info" about "Our - Oldbroad" . . . Hopefully someone will find out what happened or is happening and it will be corrected . . . Just hoping for the best . . . :rolleyes:

BTW: IMHO - No matter how much "You" have been through - nor experienced by the age of 19 . . . While you may have an "Older Spirit Within" - Ya' cant be an "Oldbroad" . . . Just "My" Opinion . . . :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    You're correct . . . "My" Bad . . . Found "Oldbroad"'s Profile page (https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/members/oldbroad.24040/) . . . Which proves someone has made a mistake somehow or somewhere . . . "Oldbroad1943" although just signed-up as an ECF Member that person has also been credited with "info" about "Our - Oldbroad" . . . Hopefully someone will find out what happened or is happening and it will be corrected . . . Just hoping for the best . . . :rolleyes:

If I were to speculate, it's possible Kay simply forgot her login and created a new account .. the numbers :: 1943, if memory serves, would be her birth year ..

She has been candid about her Alzheimer's diagnosis, perhaps she suffered a bout of memory lapse ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    Afternoon everyone...

Okay....somehow, my email is set up to receive new posts to this thread... they don't always come through, but the one in question did...o_O

Here's what happened... Kay's computer crashed and she had to have it fixed which left her offline for awhile. On getting it back to working condition, she found that somebody had got her password to Paypal? after just talking to her, it may have been her Amazon account...And this person spent $300 on one transaction and another $400 on a second transaction. She's going to her bank tomorrow to try and straighten everything out, as she was told she needed to come in. She was, understandably, quite upset over this and used the forbidden "B" word in her post.

The new username was because everything had been wiped out on her PC, and she couldn't remember any of her passwords. She is currently having trouble even remembering how to bookmark, which I helped her with hopefully, and can't seem to find her way back into ECF.

Last edited:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    @yiddleboge6 . . .

If I maybe so bold to say - "We" all want to say - "Thank You" :wub: - for updating us about what is happening with "Oldbroad" . . . - Also - Make sure she knows "We" all are thinking about her and sending "Positive Thoughts" her way . . . AND - "We" hope everything works out, so she can get her money back . . . More importantly,"We" all want to see her post again soon. . . IMHO - "Oldbraod" is "LOVED" :wub: around here . . . Just Sayin' . . . :cool:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 25, 2012
    PA
    @yiddleboge6 . . .

If I maybe so bold to say - "We" all want to say - "Thank You" :wub: - for updating us about what is happening with "Oldbroad" . . . - Also - Make sure she knows "We" all are thinking about her and sending "Positive Thoughts" her way . . . AND - "We" hope everything works out, so she can get her money back . . . More importantly,"We" all want to see her post again soon. . . IMHO - "Oldbraod" is "LOVED" :wub: around here . . . Just Sayin' . . . :cool:

You're welcome...:) That's just about the very first thing I conveyed to her....that everyone on the thread was concerned and missing her. If she doesn't start posting again soon, I'll call to help her find the way back.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I know a Good Man, we've known each other vicariously for coming up on probably 10 years now, and, although I've never had the pleasure to shake his hand, he and his Lovely Wife have shared their Family Journey over those years and I feel like I know them both fairly well ..

At any rate, he decided one day that it was time to dispose of his collection of LP's and offered me first crack at any .. for free .. he is a meticulous Man, and had compiled a list .. I had most, if not all in my own collection, so I politely declined .. although, being the pack rat that I am, it was tempting ..

We all grow attached to certain things, especially when you've had something for a long time, as was his case .. old vinyl is a thing that, for me anyway, is quite personal and somehow evokes an emotion .. a visceral emotion that transports you back in time, somehow .. to the nights and weekends you and your Circle would listen to some Bob Dylan, or Abbey Road .. bonding, as it was ..

Carefully sliding out the LP, placing it reverently on the turntable platter, lifting and moving the needle to the start groove .. that pop when the needle dropped .. I'd play some LP's so often, I knew every spot that had a tick or a pop .. the jackets would get worn from handling .. sliding them in and out of the shelf ..

Records evolved, the Human relationship we had with them got to be less and less .. now, a Cloud can deliver a Playlist .. although, there are still young devotees of the vinyl, they are a niche market .. like many things in this World, convenience and technology decided it was time to make things "better" ..

We, I suppose, cannot remain in the grip of what was .. yet, I still play some of my old records and I still can remember those old times, the people, the places .. the Music was a common bond ..

Sometimes, it's just time to move on ..

willie_stereo_08_17_2017_1_largest_slide_smaller.jpg

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Yes, but Kay's handle is simply "oldbroad" .. there are no numbers beside her handle .. o_O

It shows her (oldbroad1943) ::
    Birthday: August 19 .. says nothing about age ..
    Ok. Guess I wasen’t paying attention. Nothing new.

oldbroad1943

Moved On
    Feb 18, 2020

I thoroughly n completely messed up my pc a number of days ago..and I'm so pc illiterate that i had to pay a pc person to redo it:(..had to get a new name on here n everything....

Sure hope I don't mess it up again....

I've missed being here...

BADLY!!!

Users who are viewing this thread