Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
A cozy 30 overnight, back up around 50 later. Darn, we've had three sunny days in a row!

dt200221.gif

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
@Uncle Willie.

I hear that man hasn't listened to any of those LPs for at least 20 years and they've been in storage for at least 30 years. Then one day recently his wife said, if you don't get rid of some of your stuff before you die and I have to clean it all out, I'm not coming to your funeral. err, umm ... now that's one way to build a fire under the horse to get him moving.

Honestly many, many of them I've replaced on CD and ripped to playlists on my phone and tablet. So the physical objects are now gone, but the memories are still strong, and when needed I can still listen to some of my old time favorites.

Oddly, after organizing and looking through, feeling and touching the covers, taking an LP out of it's sleeve just to look at the platter left me in a melancholy mood. I kept twisting the song line in my head to be ... I was so much younger than I'm older than that now. Then I was looking forward to the rest of my life ... now I occasionally wonder how much I have left.

Hola .. :)

Yeah, well, I still think you should have framed a couple of the most special to you .. :)

My way at looking at things like this is likely different than many .. sure, I can pull up a Playlist as well as anyone .. for me, however, the old vinyl (and a few other objects), impart a certain Mojo that was absorbed over the long years .. it's almost like when a person or relative you know passes, and you inherit somehow something they owned .. or an old guitar that I've had forever ..

"In a soldier’s stance, I aimed my hand at the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I’d become my enemy in the instant that I preach
My pathway led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now .."

What did Dylan mean .. ?? He meant that the anger and protest of his youth made him no different than what he targeted .. and, that he is now ready to repent for what he saw as his past wrongs .. this is as timely today as it was back then ..

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Yeah, well, I still think you should have framed a couple of the most special to you .. :)

My way at looking at things like this is likely different than many .. sure, I can pull up a Playlist as well as anyone .. for me, however, the old vinyl (and a few other objects), impart a certain Mojo that was absorbed over the long years .. it's almost like when a person or relative you know passes, and you inherit somehow something they owned .. or an old guitar that I've had forever ..

"In a soldier’s stance, I aimed my hand at the mongrel dogs who teach
Fearing not that I’d become my enemy in the instant that I preach
My pathway led by confusion boats, mutiny from stern to bow
Ah, but I was so much older then, I’m younger than that now .."

What did Dylan mean .. ?? He meant that the anger and protest of his youth made him no different than what he targeted .. and, that he is now ready to repent for what he saw as his past wrongs .. this is as timely today as it was back then ..

Stop making me double think my decision. I'm haunted enough with that problem throughout my life. That and the 'what if' deamon. What if I did that, what if I didn't do that. aarrgghh!!!!

I was once told that it's easy to make a decision ... just tougher to accept it. o_O

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Stop making me double think my decision. I'm haunted enough with that problem throughout my life. That and the 'what if' deamon. What if I did that, what if I didn't do that. aarrgghh!!!!

I was once told that it's easy to make a decision ... just tougher to accept it. o_O

You and I are so alike in some ways, it's like we share a DNA strand ..

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda .. ;)

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Afternoon everyone...:)

Yiddle, so glad you dropped by. Sometimes it's good to have a goal to push yourself. It's a good way to force you into learning quickly so even if you don't meet the one-a-week goal the exercise will be worth it. We're all looking forward to seeing some of your paintings when you get a chance.

The first week's word prompt was...Celebration...and the reference pic was silhouettes of several small boats on water at night with fireworks in the sky. The first thing that came to my mind and stayed was my granddaughter's engagement that came in between Christmas, her birthday and New Years. So...with her permission I took the pic she sent me, changed the orientation and background, and painted this...

uuig4KkmHMs79N4bpnXxg1Tp_7_xQpWDQU5k9vmS9ZUugWvOA6jw9QEJf-wBgvaSKYQAmAiZ3lNSf5wvC6SYyZ3XDtkT2H4bMhkyvQRabe6nfkffIGSJyETCOL2pFDd2qQGNUJQRPP6lLtMv3caV4ssZmDv3SkHp1Pvi3gBKXJzt9Nkf-8S5xkwPaddyLOvPcGmRj-NxWy2nSMTia-ZGWqsAxWxnHXYXu40ZOlo2N88NYCmmZ_I7_WFxpWVxxwezV_l5gdByYkppMv5lGimFh9VaDFoJxtZDVUj7DUthGzLiWcr2p-mAv7wQi6T5-Jhg1jDCe4Izy6HLOqb5TNiBJfqyAvRBdlLT9V86TUdUe22BjGLTClG_t9Z5ZEFj3BICwjRVKI2Z8gqyyUwwSKTmOHAMtufTJZ_1WjefNdqjcJwFv33d5w8216PSGfSEIKFmJ1SRr2JyrN9ZTbEZcm8k7UfpDg2MxkCs5L78XErrz-FVsthsu44NsNIpWRsFoxhVGHk6m31UiRfM_fazfxnCC8_ILq3I_M7F_dwQJj5BLpKaNFXfYK2PZ42sGkw5Pa3_URMxKV8t7aoGmosUXWvGWwetP0FwfIEtDFuXua2PLJiaHagxUZ0ZUjJMhocBuHSlxS-cY7v-gKtoEZNWx6tBsXJK8cDYR0ah6ReNU5gIR617GCiYKhAUGg=w970-h739-no

Out of the , so far, 7 prompts and photo references, there's only one that I'm using the reference pic for... Another reason that I'm slow, searching for what pops into my mind with a prompt...;)

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

The first week's word prompt was...Celebration...and the reference pic was silhouettes of several small boats on water at night with fireworks in the sky. The first thing that came to my mind and stayed was my granddaughter's engagement that came in between Christmas, her birthday and New Years. So...with her permission I took the pic she sent me, changed the orientation and background, and painted this...

uuig4KkmHMs79N4bpnXxg1Tp_7_xQpWDQU5k9vmS9ZUugWvOA6jw9QEJf-wBgvaSKYQAmAiZ3lNSf5wvC6SYyZ3XDtkT2H4bMhkyvQRabe6nfkffIGSJyETCOL2pFDd2qQGNUJQRPP6lLtMv3caV4ssZmDv3SkHp1Pvi3gBKXJzt9Nkf-8S5xkwPaddyLOvPcGmRj-NxWy2nSMTia-ZGWqsAxWxnHXYXu40ZOlo2N88NYCmmZ_I7_WFxpWVxxwezV_l5gdByYkppMv5lGimFh9VaDFoJxtZDVUj7DUthGzLiWcr2p-mAv7wQi6T5-Jhg1jDCe4Izy6HLOqb5TNiBJfqyAvRBdlLT9V86TUdUe22BjGLTClG_t9Z5ZEFj3BICwjRVKI2Z8gqyyUwwSKTmOHAMtufTJZ_1WjefNdqjcJwFv33d5w8216PSGfSEIKFmJ1SRr2JyrN9ZTbEZcm8k7UfpDg2MxkCs5L78XErrz-FVsthsu44NsNIpWRsFoxhVGHk6m31UiRfM_fazfxnCC8_ILq3I_M7F_dwQJj5BLpKaNFXfYK2PZ42sGkw5Pa3_URMxKV8t7aoGmosUXWvGWwetP0FwfIEtDFuXua2PLJiaHagxUZ0ZUjJMhocBuHSlxS-cY7v-gKtoEZNWx6tBsXJK8cDYR0ah6ReNU5gIR617GCiYKhAUGg=w970-h739-no

Out of the , so far, 7 prompts and photo references, there's only one that I'm using the reference pic for... Another reason that I'm slow, searching for what pops into my mind with a prompt...;)

Wow Sandy..when i saw this, I thought it was real hands with painting in the background...till I read the post!!

:wub:it!!!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good chilly morning Kay and Anise. The sun is shining and we're headed into a warming trend for the next couple days. Sunday should be a lovely day for Beckett's 3rd birthday party.

Wow Yiddle. You painted hands! Hands are HARD! And did a great job of it too! Your interpretation of the prompt definitely says Celebration!! I am envious of your talent!

Last edited:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Morning everyone...:)

Wow Sandy..when i saw this, I thought it was real hands with painting in the background...till I read the post!!

:wub:it!!!

Something I learned to do when I was sculpting, was to take a series of photos to document the stages a piece went through from beginning to completion for copyright protection... I have boxes of them.

Here is just one from this painting...;)

YZu0yy5Ov4osRu5PqjiReoLsHf9XgOlIpID4CbpTiQZToFdPha7WPksR218wYtdYdeSyu_jKn0r2fDQwfOJI6N8CkNfrEAye7idC7SCsO0K6lOHPcfvmovNDuRU8rv5buuWLnRE_8bohZgKT8rAJ2Skf-F6rmftCssNU06wvNMF-Httojl0KS95YRSvm4FxsIctUSTVPUDW-NqmL8XAYg4EsvTqIwdD777ju6wQ_GFuxu9PXuakebnjBfz5n0PRkV2GNP-aWRFFT0vPlUs_1X9V-NKImhCNzjvTYbFhFPTCUPW1gc5aXO50o2XCjP_fb4VfVaotMtf63GNhNtjccwvwH_cJ1D1QV6KQU4vw_B_4cDRpNsjsGHB1yyKIA8JOBSVXS-2IrYC0Yn9HY1V-8Y7kXnD7J224TTCexd0Vryy4CrWcomspN6M1-ppB6L5CKhA6mn9pB_OLblO972FwmiHveItPTnHcFmstNNqmxMaOHIvIgCo3zu_T67t5wTLeYLwWTwN3_qunQ63zROgHsYHr_UpgYptU1GNqY5FObjMc5bv9Q15Xe7CUcm0pn8HMuDAPHClE1WYu3FZfGYvPXSWPdaKIZM7SA3zGnhJ7_YEUcDoVr2WMcsKbRg3O1i6d5farJxS1B1R3dZklSmi-APaWj-y0vGemY__CmMejbSpfdNz95pLk5xA=w1040-h866-no

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
You and I are so alike in some ways, it's like we share a DNA strand ..

Woulda, Shoulda, Coulda .. ;)

I feel sorry for you both. That "What If" monster can keep you from enjoying life and can mire you in tons of the quicksand of the past. The past has already given you gifts, take those lessons and gather more and accept what gifts come next.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning! :)

87050003_818035052003887_1122986763669733376_o.jpg

Incredibly life-like. Of course, I'm just a layperson, but IMO, you've been blessed with a talent that rivals the best of them!

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Whoa! What happened? Yiddle's post showed up in blue?

Duh, sorry. The blue picture showed up when I hit send on my post and thought the thread messed up and imposed the blue version instead of the original (if that makes sense). I didn't realize it was a separate post.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good chilly morning Kay and Anise. The sun is shining and we're headed into a warming trend for the next couple days. Sunday should be a lovely day for Beckett's 3rd birthday party.

Wow Yiddle. You painted hands! Hands are HARD! And did a great job of it too! Your interpretation of the prompt definitely says Celebration!! I am envious of your talent!

Good morning to you also! The sun's shining here also and there's barely any snow!!!And we're getting a little warmer here, too! Love it!!! The shining sun seems to invigorate me...emotionally..now if I could get this ole body to invigorate I'll be very happy:):)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I feel sorry for you both. That "What If" monster can keep you from enjoying life and can mire you in tons of the quicksand of the past.

Yeah, well .. you married one of us so there must be a shred of allure to the angst Mike and I share .. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread