Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
I thoroughly n completely messed up my pc a number of days ago..and I'm so pc illiterate that i had to pay a pc person to redo it:(..had to get a new name on here n everything....

Sure hope I don't mess it up again....

I've missed being here...

BADLY!!!

TIP :: Always write down all Log Ins and Passwords .. and don't lose the paper .. :p

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
It's so "...." ( gotta watch my language) AWESOME to be back here!!!
I thoroughly n completely messed up my pc a number of days ago..and I'm so pc illiterate that i had to pay a pc person to redo it:(..had to get a new name on here n everything....

Sure hope I don't mess it up again....

I've missed being here...

BADLY!!!

:mail:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
@oldbroad1943 (aka @oldbroad) . . .

Glad to see Ya' made it back . . . :thiumbs:

Now - I bet if Ya' ask "@classwife" - she would be more then glad to help Ya' out and get back to your original ECF Handle & Avatar . . . I know she has helped others with the same problem/s . . . BTW: As almost everyone knows already - She is that nice and good at what she does . . . Just Sayin' . . . :facepalm:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
...we are already on it.
Kay, check your email - I sent you a password reset.

Close out of this account FIRST.

:wub:

See - I told Ya' so . . . @classwife - is definitely "Classy" all the way . . . :thumbs:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
YEA - "OLDBROAD" IS BACK . . .

old%2Bbroad%2Bw%2Bperfume.gif

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Actually - More Then That . . . ."STUFF" Gone (See Below) . . . :eek:

However - I'm not sure about that . . . I just checked the page pretty throughly . . . I do not think it is a new member really . . . Yes - Different Avatar, but same Nickname & ECF User name . . . AND - The profile has been cleared up except for 2 "Recent Activity" which is linked to this thread and shows that she just signed-up yesterday and is now 19 years old . . . :shock:

IMHO - THERE MUST BE A MISTAKE ! ! ! Or - Someone hacked her profile ! ! !

Does anyone know how to contact Kay ? :blink:

that she just signed-up yesterday and is now 19 years old . . . :shock:

Don't I wish!!

Nah...but how the H... did I show up as 19???!!! Stranger n stranger...:eek:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
that she just signed-up yesterday and is now 19 years old . . . :shock:

Don't I wish!!

Nah...but how the H... did I show up as 19???!!! Stranger n stranger...:eek:

Don't we both wish...sigh. I always thought that 19-20 were the best years. Old enough to be able to tell the whole world to go to Hades as we were no longer children, yet young enough to enjoy not having the responsibilities of being an adult...;)

So happy to see you back as YOU!! :p

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning friends!

I'm waiting for the YourRide bus to take me to the bank...some horrible woman ..in Minn!...hacked into my bank acc't and took $700.00 from it!!!!!!!!!!!....via PAYPAL!!!!

Classy...when I get back, I'd deeply appreciate your offer!!!! I play Hades trying to get here!.

I miss my friends!!!:(

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

I watched the debate last night .. only because it was Bloomberg's debut ..

Mike had no chance against these seasoned Pro's, they lit into him like free ice cream on a 100o day ..

I like Amy Klobuchar at a personal level .. she's got a Heart and a Soul .. quite sincere for a Politician and maybe even a little bit fragile .. POTUS would rip her apart were she the nominee ..

I like Mayor Pete as well, he's well spoken, has done his Homework and is a fighter .. and, a Veteran to boot .. POTUS would shred him ..

Bernie, sorry, buddy, no chance of the electorate even on your best day, putting you in the White House .. Dems will stay home ..

Warren .. does her best to rule the Stage, makes some good points, a little bit too School Marmish for me, pushy .. does she have a fighting chance .. ?? Most of me says no ..

Joltin' Joe, the Scranton Scrapper .. I saw some fire, but I could not see his eyes .. they seem so small .. he came out swinging for the fence, IMO, which is likely the only way he could go, since, literally, he's swinging for the fence, at this point .. can he go Nose to Nose .. ?? I'm undecided ..

That brings me to Mike .. the pundits are having a field day with his "performance" .. I like him, for no other reason than I'd like to see the "Battle of the Old NYC Billionaires" .. if he can loosen up some, don't be so stiff, get some quality coaching, not get caught by surprise by things thrown out of left field .. I think what gets me is, the other Debaters latched onto some years ago minor issues with Women as a big deal .. he's an old guy, he comes from the pre-MeToo movement .. did he make some off color jokes with Women in the room .. ?? Probably .. did it rise to the level of the "Access Hollywood" video .. ?? No, not even close .. yet POTUS got a pass on that, and remains the darling of even a large percentage of Evangelicals ..

(None of my remarks about Women are intended to be disrespectful)

Bottom line .. ?? Right this minute, it feels like POTUS is a shoe in ..

Disclaimer :: I am an Independent Voter and have always leaned slightly Left .. none of my comments are intended to be Politically motivated, they are simply my personal observations ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
'Afternoon (morning for me ;)) everyone...

I'm still plugging along with my painting, but way behind and trying to catch up. The group I joined has a challenge of a painting a week. Each week there is both a photo reference and a word prompt, with a choice to create an original painting from either one. At the end of the year, all those who have done 52 are then juried, and if not able to do them all, it only takes 6 to be eligible to remain in the group for the next year. I'm slow for two reasons. First is inexperience... When I've done this enough to not have to even think about which colors will produce the shades I want when I mix them, which brush or technique to use, my speed will increase, hopefully, and secondly... I'm just not capable of throwing something together haphazardly just to show I've met the weekly challenge. That's my own character flaw...:rolleyes: I either do something to the best of my ability, or don't do it at all... I've been seeing a good deal of work posted that had I done it, would have met file 13 rather than be shown to anybody. I never criticize them, but neither do I post gushing remarks. If I were ever asked directly, I would have to come up with something such as, great concept...nice brushstrokes, or nice choice of colors...anything positive that would encourage the person to keep trying Another of my character flaws....honesty...:shock:

I found when I sculpted, that it's best to have more than one piece going at a time. When I reach a point that I feel I just can't see what needs to be done or changed, I put it aside and work on another. It's amazing how taking one's focus away for awhile reveals what I couldn't see before... I have several paintings at the moment that are a WIP...

And....it's back to my easel I go... catch y'all later...:)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I know a Good Man, we've known each other vicariously for coming up on probably 10 years now, and, although I've never had the pleasure to shake his hand, he and his Lovely Wife have shared their Family Journey over those years and I feel like I know them both fairly well ..

At any rate, he decided one day that it was time to dispose of his collection of LP's and offered me first crack at any .. for free .. he is a meticulous Man, and had compiled a list .. I had most, if not all in my own collection, so I politely declined .. although, being the pack rat that I am, it was tempting ..

We all grow attached to certain things, especially when you've had something for a long time, as was his case .. old vinyl is a thing that, for me anyway, is quite personal and somehow evokes an emotion .. a visceral emotion that transports you back in time, somehow .. to the nights and weekends you and your Circle would listen to some Bob Dylan, or Abbey Road .. bonding, as it was ..

Carefully sliding out the LP, placing it reverently on the turntable platter, lifting and moving the needle to the start groove .. that pop when the needle dropped .. I'd play some LP's so often, I knew every spot that had a tick or a pop .. the jackets would get worn from handling .. sliding them in and out of the shelf ..

Records evolved, the Human relationship we had with them got to be less and less .. now, a Cloud can deliver a Playlist .. although, there are still young devotees of the vinyl, they are a niche market .. like many things in this World, convenience and technology decided it was time to make things "better" ..

We, I suppose, cannot remain in the grip of what was .. yet, I still play some of my old records and I still can remember those old times, the people, the places .. the Music was a common bond ..

Sometimes, it's just time to move on ..

View attachment 870705

@Uncle Willie.

I hear that man hasn't listened to any of those LPs for at least 20 years and they've been in storage for at least 30 years. Then one day recently his wife said, if you don't get rid of some of your stuff before you die and I have to clean it all out, I'm not coming to your funeral. err, umm ... now that's one way to build a fire under the horse to get him moving.

Honestly many, many of them I've replaced on CD and ripped to playlists on my phone and tablet. So the physical objects are now gone, but the memories are still strong, and when needed I can still listen to some of my old time favorites.

Oddly, after organizing and looking through, feeling and touching the covers, taking an LP out of it's sleeve just to look at the platter left me in a melancholy mood. I kept twisting the song line in my head to be ... I was so much younger than I'm older than that now. Then I was looking forward to the rest of my life ... now I occasionally wonder how much I have left.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning! It's a bit crunchy out there this morning at 19 degrees, bu it's going to warm up this weekend. The sun is shining and the squirrels are ravaging the bird suet. Hope they leave some for the birds.

'Afternoon (morning for me ;)) everyone...

I'm still plugging along with my painting, but way behind and trying to catch up. The group I joined has a challenge of a painting a week. Each week there is both a photo reference and a word prompt, with a choice to create an original painting from either one. At the end of the year, all those who have done 52 are then juried, and if not able to do them all, it only takes 6 to be eligible to remain in the group for the next year. I'm slow for two reasons. First is inexperience... When I've done this enough to not have to even think about which colors will produce the shades I want when I mix them, which brush or technique to use, my speed will increase, hopefully, and secondly... I'm just not capable of throwing something together haphazardly just to show I've met the weekly challenge. That's my own character flaw...:rolleyes: I either do something to the best of my ability, or don't do it at all... I've been seeing a good deal of work posted that had I done it, would have met file 13 rather than be shown to anybody. I never criticize them, but neither do I post gushing remarks. If I were ever asked directly, I would have to come up with something such as, great concept...nice brushstrokes, or nice choice of colors...anything positive that would encourage the person to keep trying Another of my character flaws....honesty...:shock:

I found when I sculpted, that it's best to have more than one piece going at a time. When I reach a point that I feel I just can't see what needs to be done or changed, I put it aside and work on another. It's amazing how taking one's focus away for awhile reveals what I couldn't see before... I have several paintings at the moment that are a WIP...

And....it's back to my easel I go... catch y'all later...:)

Yiddle, so glad you dropped by. Sometimes it's good to have a goal to push yourself. It's a good way to force you into learning quickly so even if you don't meet the one-a-week goal the exercise will be worth it. We're all looking forward to seeing some of your paintings when you get a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread