Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
The chipper/shredder is great with destruction of branches, but I really love it in the fall: turn it on it's side, rake in the leaves and magic (dusty though). It is very satisfying to see it eat big piles of leaves. My DH thinks I'm nuts (I am) but is quite happy since that means he doesn't have to do it.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Have not seen Gracie or Kay in what seems like a while now .. :(

Had a brief exchange with Gracie on FB a couple days ago wishing her Happy Birthday. She hinted she'll be back after Easter. I told her we all miss her.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
Good morning everyone! Sorry I disappeared again. My arthritis has been acting up and its difficult to use my hands :( I tend to be a wuss about pain.

2cc9dd8ed1860d3be29ef5361fb7e972.jpg

Diver9543

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2015
Oklahoma City, OK, USA
Good morning, all. I actually got a decent night's sleep last night. I actually went to bed before I woke up in my recliner. I think it was about 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep.

As far as the day goes, I have no particular plans for the day. Maybe I'll just relax with Stephen King's book, The Green Mile. It is one of my favorite books and I have lost track of how many times I've read it.

I hope everyone has a nice relaxing day. Stay safe and well.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning everyone! Sorry I disappeared again. My arthritis has been acting up and its difficult to use my hands :( I tend to be a wuss about pain.

View attachment 934417

Glad you stopped by. Hope that means the old arthritis has moved on for awhile.

The picture of that cat reminds me of our Shelby. She was a Maine .... and had long silky fur that she couldn't take care of when she got old. The matting would happen overnight, she and I just couldn't keep up with it. So the vet suggested we give her a "lion cut". Never thought of shaving a cat. Anyway, it meant that she was shaved except for a mane and the end of her tail and feet. It was adorable! She was mortified at first and slunk around the house to hiding places. By the next day she was coming around and after that I think she loved it. She'd jump on my lap in the morning as usual and loved that I could rub her all over and she just purred like crazy.

So, yesterday Mike and I went and got our first Pfizer shot given by the county. So far we've had no adverse symptoms at all. I swear I didn't even feel the shot and neither of us even have a sore arm! We weren't sure what to expect because we've heard that some people got pretty sick for 24 hours. Seems like it's more the Moderna that people have trouble with, but I could be wrong. Given the problems we had getting the appointment I gotta say actually getting the shot was handled extremely well. Went like clockwork. They must do 1000 people a day. The line moved fast and efficiently. It's nice not having to constantly be watching the computer for an appointment notice to come. 2nd shot is scheduled for 4/13.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning. The thermometer says it's 36 degrees, but it doesn't feel that cold outside and it looks warmer than it is from the window. Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

What a pretty color! You do have a way with orchids!

You're right Willie. When we bought our last car I told the salesman NO GRAY! Look in any parking lot and most of the cars seem to be gray. How dull and uninteresting.

My cynical reasoning for basic shades of boring grey is that most people will pay even more to have the vehicle painted a different color!

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Have not seen Gracie or Kay in what seems like a while now .. :(

I'm still here Willie Wonkers! Read every post,,,but don't post much.
I was delighted to see so many posts when I came on here a few minutes ago...then realized it's been days since I've been here!:eek:
My health has been pretty poorly for some time now and the imposed and self-imposed isolation has got me down.
I'm not very chipper lately so I don't post much....but, behave, cuz you never know when I'll show up...

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

View attachment 934417

I know what you're talking about...the ole arthritis is now from my neck down thru my back and also my hands. Arthritis cream every where I can reach!

" old age ain't for sissies"....my new mantra...

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
imposed and self-imposed isolation has got me down.

Good to see you, Ms Kay .. I've had a case of the Covid Blues for some time now .. plus, it's been rainy and dreary around here lately, so there is that as well ..

I've got the Covid Blues
I've got the Covid Blues
Down deep to my shoes ..

I quit watchin' the News
It just gives me the Covid Blues

As John Lennon once said, "Strange Days, Indeed .."

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
We did some research this morning, first Pfizer vaccine Sunday, 2nd April 11. We hesitated at first, but the way things are going, better to be safe than sorry. Will be nice to have it done and that bit of security. We travel too much to risk it.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning. Looks like it's going to rain all day today but at least the temps are going to 49 so no ice. Gotta go get the old hearing aid adjusted so I will have to venture out. Seems that we've got some storms headed our way, but I think those south of us might have some tornado activity. Be safe everybody!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Any battery guru's here ... or do I have to go to a techie thread. How low can an 18650 go before it should be tossed even if it recharges to normal voltage. I ran into 1 that was down to .7 volts and another down to 1.4 volts.

I've got them on my old Pilia charger which is supposed to 'restore' batteries if they've discharged too low. But I'm not sure if I should keep these two or drop 'em off at a recycle bin.

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good to see you, Ms Kay .. I've had a case of the Covid Blues for some time now .. plus, it's been rainy and dreary around here lately, so there is that as well ..

I've got the Covid Blues
I've got the Covid Blues
Down deep to my shoes ..

I quit watchin' the News
It just gives me the Covid Blues

As John Lennon once said, "Strange Days, Indeed .."

Love your song! Idid my own little singing ditty to it:D

oldbroad

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
And a Good Morning!
Gloomy, rainy, windy day here in Mi. The birds are going crazy on the feeders so I know it'll be a long one.
At least there's no snow in the immediate forecast...

Hope everyone has as good a day as possible!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I'd recycle those, Mike. Maybe take a chance on, say, a flashlight, low drain. Maybe.

That was a good thought about using them in a flashlight. But they are in the bad/dead pile now. The Pilia 'restore' a low batt failed, so it's a no brainer. Take them out of service.

Users who are viewing this thread