Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hi Peeps!

Yep, Fall is definitely here. It's going to be 48 tonight!! Well, that ought to get the leaves turning. I'll thoroughly enjoy the Fall - don't have much choice - but I'll still look forward to Spring which comes in 177 days. And yes David, I sure am look'n forward to it! :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
The Stones have been in the St Louie area now since last Sunday, and have been spotted out and about periodically .. the stage and gear they schlep with them takes some time to tweak out, especially since the upcoming show is the first of this short tour ..

614dd6ec750a9.image.jpg

This upcoming show is a Covid reschedule from 2020 .. I had scored a couple fairly good tickets back then, but decided to sell them .. with Watts gone now, who was one of my favorite drummers, I guess I just did not much care ..

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Warrior Canine Connection is celebrating its 2021 graduating class today at 11am. You can watch it if you want on WCC's FB page in the video tab. WCC is a great organization helping a lot of vets. And their puppy cams are such fun!

Last edited:

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA
Wow.. how'd I do that - I missed my 8th vaperversary! It was over a week ago. :facepalm:

I just caught it because I noticed the date and that tomorrow is 8 yrs on ECF. I grabbed a Blu instead of a carton of cigarettes, found ECF, did some research (I miss those days of wild ego/provari/REO discussions), found a new mod, and the rest is history.

Happy vaping! :vapor:

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Wow.. how'd I do that - I missed my 8th vaperversary! It was over a week ago. :facepalm:

I just caught it because I noticed the date and that tomorrow is 8 yrs on ECF. I grabbed a Blu instead of a carton of cigarettes, found ECF, did some research (I miss those days of wild ego/provari/REO discussions), found a new mod, and the rest is history.

Wonderful! Happy late Vaperversary!!!
Yay congratsulations rainbow wd stars and lines_zpsza5mjdxb.jpg

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida

Sounds like my journey, just about 1 year earlier. My #9 is in December..

HUGE CONGRATULATIONS!

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA

Congratulations!
:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan

Somewhere in here is my 10th. I only noted that it was "late September" of 2011, so I guess this is late September enough to count. I finally decided to make the change when I had quit smoking for a couple of years using snus. A hospital stay where I was forced into using patches found me stopping on the way home from the hospital to buy a carton of cigarettes (unfiltered Pall Malls). Within a week I was back to two packs a day and was in despair. Set back by two years by the hospital rules allowing nothing but patches!

A friend had let me try her vaping rigs (I coughed, naturally - everyone does the first time) and I decided to give it a try. It was a very detailed campaign with a bundle of stick batteries, a couple chargers, and cartos in a wild variety of strengths and flavors. I got all set up with everything I needed - batteries all charged, everything in place.

I smoked my last cigarette before I went to bed and began vaping in the morning. No gradual changeover; just NOW. I quickly found out that the nine batteries I had would not do the job, so I overnight ordered a couple dozen more stick batteries and three more chargers. I also found that tobacco flavors were not my cup of tea and that the 18 and 24 mg/ml cartos were useless. More overnight ordering of 36 mg/ml cartos in various non-tobacco flavors. I've never looked back. I've never needed to smoke another cigarette (although I did try "commitment" smokes a year, two years, and three years after, but by the third year I couldn't even stand a couple of drags so I never bothered again).

I've since gone on to better rigs and ejuice, but that's a story for another post.

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.
Good morning!

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact year that I discovered vaping, but I believe it's been at least 12 years of no more hacking and coughing! I started with Reo mods and then went to other kinds .I currently use Pico Squeezes. Then I learned how to make my own juice from sites on line....but I don't do that anymore...I've gotten lazy in my old age! :D

The sun's gloriously shining again!
banana.gif

Hope everyone has a great day!

misswish1

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
NM
Good morning!

Unfortunately, I don't know the exact year that I discovered vaping, but I believe it's been at least 12 years of no more hacking and coughing! I started with Reo mods and then went to other kinds .I currently use Pico Squeezes. Then I learned how to make my own juice from sites on line....but I don't do that anymore...I've gotten lazy in my old age! :D

banana.gif

12, years, wow!!!
GldFireworksCongratulation_zpsfbc58296.GIF

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Congratulations to @WhiteHighlights and @pwmeek!! Looks like I missed ours too! As of early Sept it's been 10 years for me and Mike too! Wow, already? And where did all the money we saved go?

10 years ago our stick PVs showed up in the mail. I put my cigarette out and tried one and never looked back. Mike discovered the good folks at ECF and we discovered Ego's. Thought that was all I needed, but he totally got into everything new and we kept graduating to better equipment. I've been happy using 1 Radius and 2 Solos, Zenith tanks and Z-coils on a daily basis for quite some time now.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Good morning!

banana.gif

Kay, you seem to be one of the earliest users. How did you find out about getting started?

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Somewhere in here is my 10th. I only noted that it was "late September" of 2011, so I guess this is late September enough to count. I finally decided to make the change when I had quit smoking for a couple of years using snus. A hospital stay where I was forced into using patches found me stopping on the way home from the hospital to buy a carton of cigarettes (unfiltered Pall Malls). Within a week I was back to two packs a day and was in despair. Set back by two years by the hospital rules allowing nothing but patches!

A friend had let me try her vaping rigs (I coughed, naturally - everyone does the first time) and I decided to give it a try. It was a very detailed campaign with a bundle of stick batteries, a couple chargers, and cartos in a wild variety of strengths and flavors. I got all set up with everything I needed - batteries all charged, everything in place.

I smoked my last cigarette before I went to bed and began vaping in the morning. No gradual changeover; just NOW. I quickly found out that the nine batteries I had would not do the job, so I overnight ordered a couple dozen more stick batteries and three more chargers. I also found that tobacco flavors were not my cup of tea and that the 18 and 24 mg/ml cartos were useless. More overnight ordering of 36 mg/ml cartos in various non-tobacco flavors. I've never looked back. I've never needed to smoke another cigarette (although I did try "commitment" smokes a year, two years, and three years after, but by the third year I couldn't even stand a couple of drags so I never bothered again).

I've since gone on to better rigs and ejuice, but that's a story for another post.

Congrats on ten years!

On another topic ... did you ever get settled into your new 'digs'. As I remember you moved literally tons of household and workshop equipment from a very large 'abode' to one much smaller.

Users who are viewing this thread