Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Our high today is only 43, going down to 22 tonight (which is not much better than the 17 it was last night) I think it was 19 when the packers showed up this morning.

Wow, 4-1/2 hrs for 3 packers to have our house packed and ready for the movers to come tomorrow. The only problem is that I had to rescue 2 cups and a spoon so we can have coffee in the morning. Well, we'll have coffee after I run out and get some - when I wasn't looking they packed my coffee and filters!

This will be our last night at this house. What a strange feeling that is! Our bedroom and sitting room is all set up at our daughter's and it's very nice. It'll be even nicer when we find our stuff in all the boxes we piled in the basement.

The family came over for pizza dinner last night and the boys had a blast running around the boxes in the house. The boys made little items out of legos and collected some other things to make a time capsule. We chose a spot in the yard by the oak tree to bury it. The we came inside and had a toast to the old house. Everybody else had a shot of Glenlivit, but I opted for a beer - I hate scotch!

So, now I have to run out to the store for some coffee. I can't face the movers in the morning without my coffee even if it is decaffeinated.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The boys made little items out of legos and collected some other things to make a time capsule. We chose a spot in the yard by the oak tree to bury it.

But won't they have to sneak in in 20 years to dig it up? ;)

Yeah, get coffee!! If nothing else, campfire style, no filter needed.

pwmeek

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2011
SE Michigan
A guy and his dog went into a bar and made a bet with the bartender.

The guy said his dog could talk and he bet the bartender 1 free drink for him if the dog could answer a question.

The bartender says okay because there's no way a dog could talk.

The guy asks the dog, "What grows on trees?" "Bark" says the dog. The bartender refuses to give him a drink and makes him ask another question.

"What's on top of a house?" asks the man. "Roof" says the dog. Once again, the bartender refuses and makes him ask another question.

"What's the best baseball player of all time?" "Ruth" The bartender makes them leave.

On the way home the dog asks, "Do you think I should have said Rodriguez?"
LOL - That joke is so old (and good) that I first heard it with "shoulda said DiMaggio."

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Morning, all.

Summer must be back, only 37 overnight, and heading to, uh, 50? And likely rain later today. (Pick your channel, either light or heavy.) Actually gets us a tad over normal, if we get there...

LOL - That joke is so old (and good) that I first heard it with "shoulda said DiMaggio."

Or Mantle :)

1669128561950.png

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
Hey everyone. Been so busy lately (isn't it wonderful?). I am not sure if it is going to last but I have been enjoying the rec center I joined and I have been every day except Sunday when they were closed.

Today we are going to join the shooting range I told y'all about. My friend is bringing a bunch of stuff for me to try and see what I like. I am so excited that I woke up at 5 this morning.

Sorry Fran, this is a rerun. . .

I have never heard the word "Karen" until last year. Well, I had an experience with one at the $1.25 store. The conveyor belt was not working so when I saw the cashier reaching I picked up 5 or 6 items that she would never have been able to reach and slid them up for her. The woman in from of me pickup up the items and threw them not at me but beside me. She said because I had touched them she was not going to buy them. Said it was the cashier's job and I should have minded my own business. I told her it was not my job and that she should have done it. I could not believe the ignorance of this woman. She touched them to throw them and how many people have handled them since they arrived from China? She kept running her mouth so I told the cashier to put the gift bag the woman behind me was buying on my tab because I had to do something nice to get rid of the evil thoughts in my head. heehee The woman finally left. The cashier apologized and thanked me and one woman hugged me. Several others said I had done nothing wrong and they would have done the same thing. Has anyone here had this happen to them?

Well, I am off to get ready. Because I am going to target practice and not hunting, I am sure I will end up wearing black. heehee

Have a great afternoon. :wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
The conveyor belt was not working so when I saw the cashier reaching I picked up 5 or 6 items that she would never have been able to reach and slid them up for her.

Falls in the "no good deed goes unpunished" category. Should have take a picture of her, for a target :)

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Hey everyone. Been so busy lately (isn't it wonderful?). I am not sure if it is going to last but I have been enjoying the rec center I joined and I have been every day except Sunday when they were closed.

Today we are going to join the shooting range I told y'all about. My friend is bringing a bunch of stuff for me to try and see what I like. I am so excited that I woke up at 5 this morning.

Sorry Fran, this is a rerun. . .

I have never heard the word "Karen" until last year. Well, I had an experience with one at the $1.25 store. The conveyor belt was not working so when I saw the cashier reaching I picked up 5 or 6 items that she would never have been able to reach and slid them up for her. The woman in from of me pickup up the items and threw them not at me but beside me. She said because I had touched them she was not going to buy them. Said it was the cashier's job and I should have minded my own business. I told her it was not my job and that she should have done it. I could not believe the ignorance of this woman. She touched them to throw them and how many people have handled them since they arrived from China? She kept running her mouth so I told the cashier to put the gift bag the woman behind me was buying on my tab because I had to do something nice to get rid of the evil thoughts in my head. heehee The woman finally left. The cashier apologized and thanked me and one woman hugged me. Several others said I had done nothing wrong and they would have done the same thing. Has anyone here had this happen to them?

Well, I am off to get ready. Because I am going to target practice and not hunting, I am sure I will end up wearing black. heehee

Have a great afternoon. :wub:
    Never apologize about a re-run. I enjoy it all :)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    The woman in from of me pickup up the items and threw them not at me but beside me. She said because I had touched them she was not going to buy them. Said it was the cashier's job and I should have minded my own business.

In the Modern World, I stick to the 'mind my own business' philosophy these days .. as you can see, there is all kinds of crazy out there .. sad, but that's the way it is ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Hola .. :)

Yesterday, I decided to make an order with Lightfire / Kanger .. although I really don't need them, I figured I'd get more Zenith coils, maybe a few EVOD coil packs and a couple new 510 threaded stick batteries .. pretty much all those style batteries were out of stock, so I ended up with red, not exactly my first choice, but, whateryagonnado .. ??

Sadly, they have discontinued the free shipping minimum, so that was a drag .. they still have a great selection .. I don't know, but maybe the on-line marketplace for vape stuff has dwindled down to the point that sellers don't need to offer free shipping for XX.XX $ minimum order anymore ..

They had emailed me an 8% off code, so there is that ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Deal of the Day ::

Bag a pair of Tracfone pre-paid flip phones for a ridiculously low price ::

Tracfone Orbic Journey V (2) + 1 Year of Service with 1200 MIN/1200 TXT/1200MB

I don't know anything about tracfone. I assume that is 1200 minutes for the year and phone can't be used with any other service, is that right? 1200 min isn't much. Wonder if the phone is any good.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    I don't know anything about tracfone. I assume that is 1200 minutes for the year and phone can't be used with any other service, is that right? 1200 min isn't much. Wonder if the phone is any good.

I can't speak to the quality of the phones themselves .. but for $25 per phone, including service, it's a deal ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all, and happy Thanksgiving.

Looks to be a sunny day here, before the next storm comes in late tonight, just in time to mess with all the holiday travelers. Not us, staying home :)

Sadly, they have discontinued the free shipping minimum, so that was a drag .. they still have a great selection .. I don't know, but maybe the on-line marketplace for vape stuff has dwindled down to the point that sellers don't need to offer free shipping for XX.XX $ minimum order anymore ..

Or maybe they finally figured out they're losing money spending $20 to ship a $5 product? Yep, a case where "the good old days" actually were better. For us, anyway ;)

1669300910552.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

The predicted overnight rain didn't. Rain, that is, the overnight portion did happen :)

But still on track for apparently a big storm lasting much of the weekend, and they're mumbling about maybe light snow down to sea level. We'll see.

1669388812978.png

Nah, turkey sandwiches :)

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Do they have good service/coverage?
    I don't have Tracfone (I'm on Verizon). After some looking around, I discovered Tracfone uses the AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon networks for their service. If you currently have one of those for your cell service you should be fine with Tracfone.

A couple friends of mine have Tracfone far up north in Wisconsin. They love the coverage they get. Calls with them are always crystal clear.

Users who are viewing this thread