Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Hola .. :)

1669403945743.png

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I've never been much of a shopper .. and, the Pandemic got me to where, even on everyday stuff, I'd buy it on Amazon ..

You never see Black Friday sales on gasoline .. or t-bones 75% off ..

My barber of 35 years was open today, so I decided to get a haircut .. no lines, no waiting, good discussion ..

Yesterday, I lost count of how many meals I delivered, but I'd bet it was at least 150 .. there are so many lonely people out there .. while I felt good about the effort I put in, I was still left with an overall feeling of sadness ..

Still, the fellowship was good .. returning home to an empty house and just my dog probably did not help my mood ..

Drank about 1/3rd bottle of Jack, eventually passing out in the recliner ..

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    If anyone is bored, watch Take Me To Amazing and please explain the ending. I think I fell asleep or something cause I didn't quite get it. It is a decent movie and stars a relative of my daughter (Brittany Altenbach).

1669467872951.png

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Looks to be another soggy day here, unless it turns to snow. That's a maybe, the word is snow down to 500' tonight - that's us :) Then lower for a few days. We'll see...

I've never been much of a shopper .. and, the Pandemic got me to where, even on everyday stuff, I'd buy it on Amazon ..

You never see Black Friday sales on gasoline .. or t-bones 75% off ..

No, but most of us here are probably old enough to remember gas wars :)

I've always been a lousy shopper, at least from the stores' perspectives. Generally know what I want, get it and leave. Harder to find stuff, yeah, online works well :)

1669471987260.png

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    So, we've pretty much brought everything we needed here to our daughter's house. Now to unpack and find things. I'm so sick of this moving business. Mike had to drive back down to our house to pick up a few things that didn't fit into the last load and then he's going to sweep out the garage.

Wouldn't you know it, the last storm evidently blew over a tree on the edge of our property. It's in the scrub line so not so noticeable, but still feel obligated to take care of it. Not sure Mike will have enough time to cut it up today or maybe it'll take another trip down tomorrow. As of Tuesday we'll officially be homeless. It's weird to walk around in the empty house now. What's even stranger is thinking about different people living in those rooms. However, it's a lot of property to take care of. Hope the new owner knows what he's getting into!

I stayed behind today. Daughter and I are going to a wine tasting shortly. Then hopefully we'll come home and take naps. Even though I didn't wake up till 7:30 this morning I still feel whooped. My usual 5:30-6:00 a.m. rise and shine passed me by.

Last night our SOL made chimichongas (sp?) with leftovers for dinner. Oh my, delicious!!! Then this morning I had a nice slice of cherry pie for breakfast. Think I'll have a slice of pumpkin pie for lunch. I figure it's fruit and veggie so should be healthy right?

Janet H

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 3, 2011
    PA
    Yesterday, I lost count of how many meals I delivered, but I'd bet it was at least 150 .. there are so many lonely people out there .. while I felt good about the effort I put in, I was still left with an overall feeling of sadness ..

Still, the fellowship was good .. returning home to an empty house and just my dog probably did not help my mood ..

Drank about 1/3rd bottle of Jack, eventually passing out in the recliner ..
    Willie, you just made 150 people happy!! You should be euphoric! Think of all the good karma you've gathered! And I bet Bella (what's your pups name?) was thrilled to have your company.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Willie, you just made 150 people happy!! You should be euphoric! Think of all the good karma you've gathered! And I bet Bella (what's your pups name?) was thrilled to have your company.

Hola .. :)

True ..
    Yes, Bella ..

I went without a dog for many years, after having an Irish Setter, and a Golden Retriever (not at the same time ..) .. I had forgotten the unconditional love that a dog so willingly provides ..

Bella is a mean one .. I believe she'd try and stand up to a Doberman ..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, all.

Another grey day here, I think. Still dark, but no stars, so.... odds are :)

While they're still talking about snow at our elevation, only down to the low 40s last night. Then again, maybe the front just stopped for a cup of coffee...

1669558655877.png

LovesButtercups

Feb 26, 2015
    TN, USA
    Hi, Lizards!

I hope everybody is having a nice evening! I am stewing in Sunday evening dread, knowing I have to go back to work tomorrow. I can’t believe last week flew by so quickly. I made the big Thanksgiving dinner, delivered it to mom and my brother. Friday I was exhausted, so I didn’t do much other than eat pie. :lol:

I haven’t done any shopping, despite being pelted with gobs of “Black Friday Sale!” emails. I need to do my Christmas shopping, hope to take care of that this week. I need to call and get some quotes on having a tree removed…sure would be nice to get a holiday sale price on something like that! It’s gonna be a pricey one, and tricky. No big trucks or heavy lifts, because they would have to go over my septic tank and leech lines. It’s also pretty close to the neighbor’s property line, and I’m afraid it may eventually fall on their storage shed. May as well be proactive and get it taken care of before anything happens.

I hope you all have a nice evening, and a lovely week! :wub:

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Hey everyone! I have been so busy I have not had a chance to get online. Gave y'all a rest from my long posts. heehee

Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I spent it with my friend Terry's daughter and her family. I enjoyed it so much. They had a pet bunny that used the kitty pan. Now that's the way to have a bunny. Did not see a single bunny ball anywhere. Quite impressive.

You know how I was worried about hitting the target when I went shooting for the first time? Well, I am not too worried anymore. I was disappointed when I did not hit the "x" but once. Terry told me not to worry about it because I definitely stopped whatever SOB was coming after me. heehee I actually had a hard time seeing it with my contacts. I am going to wear my glasses next time. I have bought some new safety glasses too. I borrowed Terry's and they were so scratched up I had to keep shifting them so I could try to see. The first two guns I got to experience were a 357 and a Kimber Micro 9mm. I am not sure which one I liked better. Both were really easy to shoot. Terry is going to bring two different ones next time we go shooting. I have known him for 40+ years and he has always had a huge arsenal. At least this way I will find what I like without having to buy it. I have 3 guns that would be easy to conceal but I think I need to start with a new one. There sure are some pretty guns out there.

Now don't laugh at my first target. I have it on the fridge like I used to do the kiddos artwork. 20221122_120042.jpg I am going to try to hit the "x" more consistently but hey. . . I did hit the target. And I did not use the laser on the 9mm either. I shot it twice and could not believe how accurate it was. Terry asked me why I didn't like the laser and I told him I loved it and I would have one myself but just learning, I don't want to rely on something that might stop working.

I am going to study a bunch this week so I will be ready for my class Saturday. Wish me luck. I'm not worried about the shooting part anymore but I HATE taking tests.

Hope everyone has a wonderful week. :wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 3, 2013
    Halfway to Paradise, WA
    Morning, lizards.

Seems the latest big storm has stalled, hasn't come in. Yet.

I need to call and get some quotes on having a tree removed

Yes, do get several estimates. We had a bunch of trees taken down a few years back, and the estimates were all over the place. Picked the lowest (all were bonded and insured!) which was about half the highest, and very happy with the work they did.

I am going to try to hit the "x" more consistently but hey. . . I did hit the target.

:thumbs:

Not bad at all for first time with a new weapon :)

1669644644931.png

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    Not bad at all for first time with a new weapon :)
    Thank you. I can't wait to go again. Next time it will be with my new safety glasses. Is that exciting or what? I have a neat little range bag coming from the Amazonian. I know it is crazy but I even ordered shooting fingerless gloves. (OCD much?) But it is quite cool in there and my hands stay so cold. I also think it looks bad-a@@.
    Laughing.gif

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    North Carolina
    It is going to be another lovely day here but it feels like rain is on the way. I hope my buttcrack is wrong.
    Blush.gif

I am raring to go to the gym to work off some of the few pounds I have gained from dating. I don't have much wiggle room in the new clothes. heehee

Happy Monday all. Enjoy your day!
    Kiss.gif

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 5, 2009
    Lower Mich.
    WELL , hello!!! LOL...I FINALLY managed to get on here! This is OLDBROAD BTW,,and where's the smilies?!
    If I don't return it's cuz my ole computer is acting up!
    But at least I've managed to get on Amazon!!And here!!
    Hope everyone is doing well and has an exceptionally great Christmas!
    ( in case my pc goes wonky on me again)

Where's the damm smilies?!!

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Some of these may be the final chance during Cyber Monday ::

Streaming Deals: Get Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, Paramount+, and Showtime all for For $12.97 a Month

Users who are viewing this thread