Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
My full size DSLR has been collecting dust since I got mine. With shots like this, who needs to carry around a big camera. I'm so glad I ditched the Nikon (took crappy pictures) in favor of the G7.

Color and focus in auto mode is outstanding. Look how well it picks up skin tones including the little ruddiness in his cheeks.This wasn't even posed, I just pointed and took a quick snapshot before he moved.

I reduced this to 1200 pixels on the long side but click on it for the larger version.

IMG_0670_zpsihtwt0xe.jpg

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
My full size DSLR has been collecting dust since I got mine. With shots like this, who needs to carry around a big camera. I'm so glad I ditched the Nikon (took crappy pictures) in favor of the G7. Color and focus in auto mode is outstanding.

I reduced this to 1200 pixels on the long side but click on it for the larger version.

IMG_0670_zpsihtwt0xe.jpg

I don't think it would be possible to take a bad pic of Miles regardless of the camera used... He's such a beautiful little boy!! :)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Well baby brother Beckett isn't lacking in the looks department either. He's so different, dark hair like his parents and darker skin which must have come from Janet's gene pool.

IMG_0613_zps4ctacjfq.jpg

Me thinks these two guys will really 'challenge' Mom and Dad when they start teaming up.

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Well baby brother Beckett isn't lacking in the looks department either. He's so different, dark hair like his parents and darker skin which must have come from Janet's gene pool.

IMG_0613_zps4ctacjfq.jpg

Me thinks these two guys will really 'challenge' Mom and Dad when they start teaming up.

LOL....I bet they'll be a handful...;) No doubt about it...your combined gene pool has resulted in beautiful grandbabies...:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
From the "And They Want To Clamp Down on vaping ..??" Department

Just when you'd thought you'd heard and seen it all ::

For a measly $24.99, (and, it's on sale this week) score a container of Coco Loko, a snuff infused with raw cacao that advertises a rush of endorphin and serotonin to achieve a feeling of "euphoric energy" and "calm focus." Nick Anderson, founder of Legal Lean, stated he sought to develop the powder made up of typical energy drink ingredients such as gingko biloba, taurine and guarana, after hearing of a "chocolate-snorting trend" in Europe.

"At first, I was like, 'Is this a hoax?'" he said. "And then I tried it and it was like, OK, this is the future right here."

Anderson, 29, invested $10,000 to develop the chocolate snuff, which creates an effect "almost like an energy-drink feeling, like you're euphoric but also motivated to get things done" for about 30 minutes to an hour.
While Coco Loko is available for purchase in the United States, it has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, which has not determined how to regulate the product.

"In reaching that decision, FDA will need to evaluate the product labeling, marketing information, and/or any other information pertaining to the product's intended use," FDA spokesman Peter Cassell said.
Director of the Johns Hopkins Sinus Center, Dr. Andrew Lane, noted a lack of data about the specific health risks of inhaling chocolate, but warned that there are inherent risks to consuming solids through the human nose. (oh, really ..??)

"There are a few obvious concerns," Lane said. "First, it's not clear how much of each ingredient would be absorbed into the nasal mucus membranes. And, well, putting solid material into your nose -- you could imagine it getting stuck in there, or the chocolate mixing with your mucus to create a paste that could block your sinuses."

upload_2017-7-7_9-7-13.png

Click to Order or call/text (408) 883-5326

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
My full size DSLR has been collecting dust since I got mine. With shots like this, who needs to carry around a big camera. I'm so glad I ditched the Nikon (took crappy pictures) in favor of the G7.

Color and focus in auto mode is outstanding. Look how well it picks up skin tones including the little ruddiness in his cheeks.This wasn't even posed, I just pointed and took a quick snapshot before he moved.

Well, I likely won't be selling my DSLR any time soon .. bird pics, long range stuff .. etc .. The only beef I have with the Canon is the close up stuff .. if you want to get in to a macro, the edge focus is bad, likely due to the wide angle .. you have to zoom in slightly to try and eliminate the fuzzy edges/sides or stop down the lens .. I'm talking about inches from the subject .. however, the pic I posted yesterday was straight out of the camera, other than reduced size, no post-processing at all ..

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Well, I likely won't be selling my DSLR any time soon .. bird pics, long range stuff .. etc .. The only beef I have with the Canon is the close up stuff .. if you want to get in to a macro, the edge focus is bad, likely due to the wide angle .. you have to zoom in slightly to try and eliminate the fuzzy edges/sides or stop down the lens .. I'm talking about inches from the subject .. however, the pic I posted yesterday was straight out of the camera, other than reduced size, no post-processing at all ..

That's pretty common with many lenses, soft edges when wide open. Then again, with "proper" framing, one can crop them away ;) 'Cause sometimes you really do want the shallow depth of field!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
From the "And They Want To Clamp Down on vaping ..??" Department

Just when you'd thought you'd heard and seen it all ::

For a measly $24.99, (and, it's on sale this week) score a container of Coco Loko, a snuff infused with raw cacao that advertises a rush of endorphin and serotonin to achieve a feeling of "euphoric energy" and "calm focus." Nick Anderson, founder of Legal Lean, stated he sought to develop the powder made up of typical energy drink ingredients such as gingko biloba, taurine and guarana, after hearing of a "chocolate-snorting trend" in Europe.

"At first, I was like, 'Is this a hoax?'" he said. "And then I tried it and it was like, OK, this is the future right here."

Anderson, 29, invested $10,000 to develop the chocolate snuff, which creates an effect "almost like an energy-drink feeling, like you're euphoric but also motivated to get things done" for about 30 minutes to an hour.
While Coco Loko is available for purchase in the United States, it has not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration, which has not determined how to regulate the product.

"In reaching that decision, FDA will need to evaluate the product labeling, marketing information, and/or any other information pertaining to the product's intended use," FDA spokesman Peter Cassell said.
Director of the Johns Hopkins Sinus Center, Dr. Andrew Lane, noted a lack of data about the specific health risks of inhaling chocolate, but warned that there are inherent risks to consuming solids through the human nose. (oh, really ..??)

"There are a few obvious concerns," Lane said. "First, it's not clear how much of each ingredient would be absorbed into the nasal mucus membranes. And, well, putting solid material into your nose -- you could imagine it getting stuck in there, or the chocolate mixing with your mucus to create a paste that could block your sinuses."

View attachment 669721

Click to Order or call/text (408) 883-5326

...I think I'll take a pass on trying this one...:lol:

Oomee

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
UK
Soooo...
Hippies, music, photography..?

Used to do a bit of photography, but alas life moved on, and those white lenses do cost some!
Still got the old 400D (XTi to 'muricans:p), still a great camera, especially considering I got it mint-used for a great price years ago.

Where was I..?
Ahh... It's Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, not the f****** walrus!

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
going back to the topic of photos.... Got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, bare feet stepped on wet carpet at the end of my bed!! Got ready to chase my dog down for being bad, but took a few more steps....squish....squish...squish....:blink: Turned on the overhead light and found a soaking , soggy spot that was over 6' x 3'...:eek: No way an 8 lb. pup can excrete that much...:lol: Called maintenance this morning and they sent out a plumber. Turned out to be coming from behind the panel covering access to the water lines for my shower and had apparently been leaking back there for a long time. All fixed now, but...I had a crate sitting against that wall with a large amount of very old, fragile photos and documents. A lot of them damp, and some were wet. My day has been spent scanning, uploading and attempting to save them....

My Dad...

Users who are viewing this thread