Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
going back to the topic of photos.... Got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, bare feet stepped on wet carpet at the end of my bed!! Got ready to chase my dog down for being bad, but took a few more steps....squish....squish...squish....:blink: Turned on the overhead light and found a soaking , soggy spot that was over 6' x 3'...:eek: No way an 8 lb. pup can excrete that much...:lol: Called maintenance this morning and they sent out a plumber. Turned out to be coming from behind the panel covering access to the water lines for my shower and had apparently been leaking back there for a long time. All fixed now, but...I had a crate sitting against that wall with a large amount of very old, fragile photos and documents. A lot of them damp, and some were wet. My day has been spent scanning, uploading and attempting to save them....

My Dad...

Oh no! That's a horrible thing to happen to precious pictures. Looks like they had school uniforms :cool:

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Oh no! That's a horrible thing to happen to precious pictures. Looks like they had school uniforms :cool:

LOL...Might as well have been, in a little town that only had Railroad people and farmers....well....bib overalls would have been de rigueur.....;)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie
Soooo...
Hippies, music, photography..?

Where was I..?
Ahh... It's Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov, not the f****** walrus!

Could we have fewer holes in Lancashire?... problem with rhetoric being you know the answer.

In the spirit of which, here's a Red Hot Chilly thingy songy...

Goo goo g' joob .. ;) .. "You get a tan from standing in the English rain" .. ;)

"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding." ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
going back to the topic of photos.... Got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, bare feet stepped on wet carpet at the end of my bed!! Got ready to chase my dog down for being bad, but took a few more steps....squish....squish...squish....:blink: Turned on the overhead light and found a soaking , soggy spot that was over 6' x 3'...:eek: No way an 8 lb. pup can excrete that much...:lol: Called maintenance this morning and they sent out a plumber. Turned out to be coming from behind the panel covering access to the water lines for my shower and had apparently been leaking back there for a long time. All fixed now, but...I had a crate sitting against that wall with a large amount of very old, fragile photos and documents. A lot of them damp, and some were wet. My day has been spent scanning, uploading and attempting to save them....

Well, I wish I had an easy solution to this problem .. sad story .. am I recalling correctly that your Grand Daughter had started a scanning project as well and, if so, did she get some of these images .. ??

There are a few bits of info within Mr/Ms Google :: although I'm sure you looked already .. here's one ::

Ask SAM: How do you separate photos that got wet and are stuck together?

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Well, I wish I had an easy solution to this problem .. sad story .. am I recalling correctly that your Grand Daughter had started a scanning project as well and, if so, did she get some of these images .. ??

There are a few bits of info within Mr/Ms Google :: although I'm sure you looked already .. here's one ::

Ask SAM: How do you separate photos that got wet and are stuck together?

It was my daughter who started the project, having absconded with nearly all of my photos some years ago. What I have here are some she's never seen as they are part of what I brought back with me from Montana when my Dad passed. I managed to get everything safely separated and most of it scanned.

I had never really gone through what I had here and found things that even I hadn't seen, such as this...

I'm not sure my grandfather had even become a citizen yet, but....he registered for the draft...:)

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
My mind is in a fog still at nearly 1:00 PM .. .. just a bit of overindulgence in my favorite form of relaxant last night ;) .. so ::

Made the top three on USA charts three times by three different artists ::

Ever been to a Wedding Reception since this came out .. ??

Or this classic .. ??

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
A warm summer Friday night in the mid '60's. Cruising around in the car w/ the windows down (who had A/C then?) with your babe sitting so close their were 2 of you behind the steering wheel. Then this comes on the radio. Bring back memories?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
I had a huge crush on Veronica Bennett / Ronnie Spector back in the day .. and yeah, Hot Summer Nights, and if you were lucky, they would get a little hotter .. ;) .. still like a Woman with a Bouffant, although it's a rarity ..

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in

When I listen to "Night Moves", Seger reminds me, oh so well, that Autumn did, indeed, close in ..

I do hope Sandra can talk Dennis into a visit .. he is most Welcome ..

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Did I say I had managed to separate and scan most of the pics? o_O Everything that contained any photos on that end of the room has absorbed enough moisture from the water in the air, that I now have the uneasy feeling I'm going to be chained to my pc and scanner for some time... I've got pics spread out everywhere there's a flat dry surface, AC and ceiling fan going to help eliminate humidity, so.... I shall prevail...:D

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I had a huge crush on Veronica Bennett / Ronnie Spector back in the day .. and yeah, Hot Summer Nights, and if you were lucky, they would get a little hotter .. ;) .. still like a Woman with a Bouffant, although it's a rarity ..

I awoke last night to the sound of thunder
How far off I sat and wondered
Started humming a song from 1962
Ain't it funny how the night moves
When you just don't seem to have as much to lose
Strange how the night moves
With autumn closing in

When I listen to "Night Moves", Seger reminds me, oh so well, that Autumn did, indeed, close in ..

I do hope Sandra can talk Dennis into a visit .. he is most Welcome ..

I try not to go there, particularly since my best friend passed along last year. But it surely is a haunting melody.

Users who are viewing this thread