Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Hubby is in getting his cataract surgery and I'm in the waiting room freezing even though I have a turtleneck, sweat shirt and heavy leather jacket on.
He should be out in about a half hour

I just had that done and am so glad I did. Takes awhile to get used to, but what an improvement! I had told the doc I could see just fine...

Ok got a question. I want to use one of my Provaris and I forget how you adjust the power on them? I can't remember. this is a V2.5

I'm glad 3mg answered you quick because I forgot too!

Yeah, I looked into commercial outfits .. they were just not willing to offer a high resolution scan at less than about $2.00 per slide / negative .. they pretty much produced just scans that would be Internet ready .. I wanted the best quality possible .. my files are averaging around 24 megapixels in digital camera equivalent, and that should be near equivalent to a 35mm original slide / negative .. 6-8 megabytes each JPG and a much larger RAW .. which should comfortably print a 16 x 20, or possibly larger, print ..

About half way through your post I was totally lost. Does this mean we're going to get to see some pictures?

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
Did I scare everyone away. Boo. Reading some facts did you know that the world population in 1967 was 3.5 billion and the US was 198 million now the world is 7.6 billion and the US is 324 million. 1967 wasn't that long ago. It's no wonder we had better lives. Or don't you think it matters.

Janet H

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 3, 2011
PA
Did I scare everyone away. Boo. Reading some facts did you know that the world population in 1967 was 3.5 billion and the US was 198 million now the world is 7.6 billion and the US is 324 million. 1967 wasn't that long ago. It's no wonder we had better lives. Or don't you think it matters.

Multiplying like rabbits I tell ya!!

2legsshrt

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Spokane,WA
I'm glad 3mg answered you quick because I forgot too!
See I'm not alone here, I like that.
Multiplying like rabbits I tell ya!!
It's crazy but it might explain why people treat each other like they do now. Not all but many more then there used to be then.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Good morning Fran!

For those of you who got a lot of that white stuff, hope you all get some relief !

f6fe909843b63a8659384748127c5107.jpg

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2016
Florida
Hubby is in getting his cataract surgery and I'm in the waiting room freezing even though I have a turtleneck, sweat shirt and heavy leather jacket on.
He should be out in about a half hour
Ridiculous isn't it? I'm so sick of triple layers and toe-socks with my flip-flops :(
Well, some might find an old mans old stuff boring .. ;) .. we'll see .. ;)
No way. Not boring. Please post them:)

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Ridiculous isn't it? I'm so sick of triple layers and toe-socks with my flip-flops :(

Indeed, it is ridiculous.......we should be full swing into tending our gardens.. outdoors with them, not looking out at them through my windows.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Good morning lounge lizards. The kid was fun, but had a cold. He gave it to me. I'm coughing as if I were smoking again, let's see what cold number two brings me.... Nothing good, I'm thinking. Sigh.

Saw pdoc who was amazed at my wealth of knowledge. Yesterday was actually bearable because I decided I would "bend immediate release Ritalin to my will," so started splitting tablets and taking it 6 times a day.... It's a pain, but it works.... Pdoc gave me a bunch of Adderall ER ($15 a Costco, CRAYZEE) and told me to "figure out my dose for myself." LOL. I almost don't want to as it will probably annoy and I sorta just want to keep bending Ritalin to my will, but I'd better try it BEFORE I run out of Ritalin to "return to," so I am about to take my first tablet. LOL, I feel so "cold-ish" it's going to be hard to tell.... Either that, or ungodly easy to tell, but gotta start somewhere, and I can't pass up that kind of savings.

"Figure out your dose for yourself." LOL, thanks, Pdoc. He did say, "Apparently, you have done more research than I have," when I showed up with all my med bottles and web printouts and mood trackers, LOL.

Sometimes, I wish pdoc wouldn't say stuff like that, but he did give me what he noted was the "highest strength that won't run you into problems" and start low.

I was like, "I don't think I'd run into problems at whatever dose, I'm paying for this out of pocket."
"Good point."

I actually used an inhaler this a.m. that's how bad the coughing is. LOL.

Anna

oldbroad

don't need no dang title..I'm queen of the world!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 5, 2009
Lower Mich.

Did I ever share that he played in Pontiac, Mi. at a rinkydink bar?! Back in the early sixties it was.... I, of course, was there EVERY weekend!:rickroll::D

...but I never tried to "hit" on him...what a fool I was!!!:cry:

Users who are viewing this thread