Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Sold our convertible today.

6KJNQKG.jpg
I see lots of new flavorings in your future!

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Wow ... that's quite the car, indeed! Was it tough letting it go?
    We had the car 10 years and had a lot of fun with. Haven't drove it much in the last couple years. We figured it was time.But still it was tough seeing it go.

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    1972 Pontiac Catalina Convertible .. after market chrome mags and what looks like new tires .. Real American Steel ..

If Cars Could Talk .. ;)
    Yup. That is one heavy car even being a convertible. That scissor frame ain't light either.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Meet Me in St Louie Louie
    Yup. That is one heavy car even being a convertible. That scissor frame ain't light either.

Yeah, but you get that thing out on the highway and it settles into it's groove and becomes a yacht .. of course, it's helpful to be a bit mechanically inclined, but still .. I'd have hated to let it go, too ..

When I sold my Harley some years back, there was just no use in keeping it .. not only was I not riding much, but I became paranoid to take it out on the roadways ..

Love that Detroit Steel .. :) .. nothing like the tincans they make now a days .. however, I suppose a case can be made for new car MPG and Reliability ..

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Deal of the Day ::

Bag "Beachboys :: Icon" for the low low price of Free from our Friends at Google .. this album contains all re-mastered Versions .. today Only ..

The Beach Boys: ICON - Music on Google Play

Although they are far from Boys these days, re-live a little slice of these bits of Musical Perfection thanks to Brian Wilson .. :)
    Thanks Willie. Unfortunately it's only free if you give them a CC :(.

Anise

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 11, 2016
    Southern Louisiana USA
    At least a few. There really isn't much I need. At least now I can look around.:)
    Since when do you have to need flavourings to buy them? In fact since when do you have to need anything vape related to buy it?

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    Thanks Willie. Unfortunately it's only free if you give them a CC :(.

True .. you have to register a credit/debit card or PayPal linkage like Mike did with Google to get their free stuff .. They never charge it though .. it's mainly to insure what Region of the World you are in due to various Copywrite issues .. I use the Google Play Store / Apps / etc .. same as Netflix does with a free 30 day trial / Amazon with a free 30 day Prime .. etc ..

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2011
    yeah-but ... who was complaining about gas prices in '72 :rolleyes:

You're a statistics guy, so ::

1972 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $1.60
    2018 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $7.25

Average Gas 1972 :: .36 cents/gallon ..
    Average Gas Right Now :: $2.90/ gallon

.225 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in '72
    .40 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in 2018 assuming you make Federal Minimum Wage ..

Now, the quiz ::

1) How much would the Federal Minimum Wage need to be right now in order for a gallon of gas right now to be equal to what it was in 1972 .. ??

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    I'm sure it's horrid, but I don't DO math. Especially when the results are going to be disappointing.

I remember some car trip once where I passed a sign for 0.99 cent gas. I got all excited until I figured out it was.... Defunct, not even that, CRUMBLING.

The last time I saw 99 cent gas was when I went to a U2 concert, pregnant, and it was SO LOUD I actually wound up crouching behind a bleacher, wrapping myself in everyone's coats and blankets, (I am convinced it's the reason the kid likes rap) staring at this 99 cent (dead gas station) gas. I was like, "Oooooo how ammi even gonna AFFORD to be pregnant?" Heh.

Anna

FranC

Long time vaper.
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Since when do you have to need flavourings to buy them? In fact since when do you have to need anything Vape related to buy it?
    Well,I kinda like to but flavors I'm pretty sure I can use.

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    You're a statistics guy, so ::

1972 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $1.60
    2018 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $7.25

Average Gas 1972 :: .36 cents/gallon ..
    Average Gas Right Now :: $2.90/ gallon

.225 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in '72
    .40 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in 2018 assuming you make Federal Minimum Wage ..

Now, the quiz ::

1) How much would the Federal Minimum Wage need to be right now in order for a gallon of gas right now to be equal to what it was in 1972 .. ??
    Oh hell, Willie, you won't fet an answer from me. My brain doesn't do math. I even had a tutor in secobd grade to learn the multiplication table. Can you believe it?

On the other hand I pick up languages easily.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    Oh hell, Willie, you won't fet an answer from me. My brain doesn't do math. I even had a tutor in secobd grade to learn the multiplication table. Can you believe it?

On the other hand I pick up languages easily.
    $12.89

Users who are viewing this thread