Lounge Lizards / Misfits / Free Thinkers / Bohemians & the Forgotten :: Young at Heart Only

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Not as pretty as my precious Merlin, but this happened today :

VY9ZQP5.jpg

His name is clearly King. Calling him Hillsborough would be ridiculous :)

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
He's very cute under the dirt and needs a good home. good for you! I think y'all will be very happy together.

He seems happy to be here

He's a pretty kitty,Classy girl:)

He has a sweet face for sure !

His name is clearly King. Calling him Hillsborough would be ridiculous :)

Ha ! I am thinking maybe Louie

Sweet looking kitty Classy! I wish you many years of happiness together! :wub:

Thank you !

yiddleboge6

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
PA
Ha ! I am thinking maybe Louie

Louie sounds like a good name,Classy girl:)

Good morning to the young at heart:)

Having once owned an LP titled "The Kingsmen 'Live at The Castle' in Seattle"....I think Louie would be most apropos for the King of Tampa.....;)

Beautiful kitty Classy...congrats...:)

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
You're a statistics guy, so ::

1972 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $1.60
2018 :: Federal Minimum Wage :: $7.25

Average Gas 1972 :: .36 cents/gallon ..
Average Gas Right Now :: $2.90/ gallon

.225 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in '72
.40 an hour to earn a gallon of gas in 2018 assuming you make Federal Minimum Wage ..

Now, the quiz ::

1) How much would the Federal Minimum Wage need to be right now in order for a gallon of gas right now to be equal to what it was in 1972 .. ??

Not now, need coffee ... not latter either, it would hurt my head to try to figure it out. Thank goodness a couple other fine folks chimed in with an answer.

Not as pretty as my precious Merlin, but this happened today :

VY9ZQP5.jpg

Oh such a sweetie :thumbs:

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
I think it's time to tell more of my tail. ;)
The continuing unending saga of Anise. Second installment . In 1999 I was pregnant with my first and only child. I went for a routine ultrasound at 35 weeks and found out that my son had died. They had to induce labor. He was breach and labor lasted 5 or so hours off and on. I wasn't allowed to hold him or see him. This happened on July 27 so the anniversary is coming up in a month. We used our middle names instead of the names we had picked out and thus Louis John became Jude Francis.
Another anniversary coming up is better. In just about a month I go see my oncologist. If the tests are clear I'll be cancer free for 5 years. I had a carcinoid tumor in my duodenum that was surgically removed. They don't spread per say but can return in different locations. Looks like I might have gotten lucky and it didn't Return.
I think that's enough for now. Another installment coming soon. Before you know it you'll know more about me and what makes me tick. I'm not telling y'all so I can get sympathy I don't want that. Y'all have been so open with me I want to be open with you and help you understand what makes me be me.

Uncle Willie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2011
Meet Me in St Louie Louie

I used to be great at math. Now it just makes my head hurt.

I'll guess $12.89 ;)

Winner, Winner, Chicken Dinner .. :)

The point, if I'm even trying to make one, is, The Grassroots Movements toward what should be a "Living Wage", not just a "Minimum Wage" are as valid as any issue that confronts us in this Country ..

40 Million of our Fellow Citizens live in what is considered Poverty ..

The example of the cost of Gasoline, as important to many as the cost of a Gallon of Milk or a meal for their Family, is just one example .. transport in one form or another, is generally a necessity in order to get to a Job ..

If this one thing, the "Living Wage", would become a reality, it would serve to lift up ordinary folks more so than about anything I can think of .. with the added benefit of Welfare Assistance reduction, which is, apparently, what the Government wants ..

And the idea that a "Living Wage" would cost Jobs is nothing but Propaganda ..

Lastly, am I the only one that sees we're pretty much landing in the same Zone as 2006/2007 .. ?? Continuously quick escalation of Home Prices, interest rates on the rise, Rental Costs escalating, "Creative Financing", bidding wars on Homes for sale, loosening of Financial Regulations that were set in place to prevent another meltdown .. It just feels like Deja Vu to me ..

Please convince me I'm wrong ..

Users who are viewing this thread