Lurking?? How to find a home within all the forums and threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I've seen a few people.
    Rod Stewart, Bon Jovi - those were pricey @ $90 per for chair seats, then Poison (back in the day), Damn Yankees, Warrant, Firehouse, Randy Travis, and the comedian who hammers all vegatables...cannot think of his name...!!!
    Then when I was an EMT (previous lifetime...:lol:), we could sign up to work the State Fair. So, there I saw Tanya Tucker, and Marty Stuart.:laugh:
    I saw Alabama once but I didn't buy the ticket's :)

How's your day going ... okay?
    Making me crazy! The oldest one can't get along with the youngest about anything! I am not good with the control thing she has, no matter what the little one says the older one corrects her!
    Just so you understand why I don't think they need to bring their own toys... there are at least 30 disney dvds and I don't approve of monster high... so I don't allow them to watch it here, and that is the movie that she brought so she snuck 2 past Poppa and then says, "Poppa said I could!"
    Oh dear, sounds just like my daughter was :unsure: She's gonna be a handful :facepalm:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I saw Alabama once but I didn't buy the ticket's :)

How's your day going ... okay?
    So far so good. The morning went really fast. Howz your day going??

Bye Dave!!

Bobbi, I agree :laugh: , they don't need to bring a thing. :D Looks like there all set when they come over. ;)

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    So far so good. The morning went really fast. Howz your day going??

Bye Dave!!

Bobbi, I agree :laugh: , they don't need to bring a thing. :D Looks like there all set when they come over. ;)
    Glad to hear it Lori ... mine's okay. Been to town & back anyway and got the laundry done :)
    Be back to say bye bye before work. Gonna lay down for about 30-45 min.
    Hope you can catch those 40 winks kiddo ;)

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Lori?

I want to hear about that EMT job sometime when you have time :)
    It's short and sweet. I'd always had a fear the I'd be the first person to come upon a wreck and not know what to do to help. So, I decided to go take a class. It was REALLY very interesting.
    So, I passed, in fact was National Registry ;), was hired part time at our local Ambulance Service, which it really no more than a call list...um....I was at the bottom...:laugh: I also worked full time at the flower shop at the time, so I only really had a small window that I could even work, when they did call. Then after going on a few calls/transfers, it became very clear that I could not keep up with the lifting involved, and it was not worth risking injuring my back and not being able to work my "real" job. ;)

I think that I wasn't really ever meant to do that work. I think God protected, or shielded me, because I never (ever) saw anything bad, and really looking back, I don't know what in the world I was thinking to ever have thought I could do that type of job.:blink:

I did lose my phobia though. :D

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oh I see :)

I wanted to be a nurse at one time but I doubted I could learn all the stuff required since I never was all that bright in school.
    I hear ya!! I did okay in school, but I had to study to make the good grades. I'd seen my nieces (not Amanda, a different niece) nursing text books...let me just say fagettaboutit!!! I wouldn't have made it through anatomy. NO WAY.:blink:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    I hear ya!! I did okay in school, but I had to study to make the good grades. I'd seen my nieces (not Amanda, a different niece) nursing text books...let me just say fagettaboutit!!! I wouldn't have made it through anatomy. NO WAY.:blink:

I started a course in social counseling but I didn't finish it ... which was really a shame since I made 98 and above on my tests.
    Course it was a really stupid thing to do anyway since I could have only counseled the deaf :oops:

Bye again Lori
    wave.gif

balwin

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 19, 2013
    Colorado, United States
    I started a course in social counseling but I didn't finish it ... which was really a shame since I made 98 and above on my tests.
    Course it was a really stupid thing to do anyway since I could have only counseled the deaf :oops:

Bye again Lori
    wave.gif

Dale, I was among other things, a psych tech for the developmentally disabled. Trust me the deaf can also use a good counselor! Perhaps more than many since there is most likely a shortage of people who understand them and their unique sets of disabilities.

View attachment 281354

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dale, I was among other things, a psych tech for the developmentally disabled. Trust me the deaf can also use a good counselor! Perhaps more than many since there is most likely a shortage of people who understand them and their unique sets of disabilities.

View attachment 281354
    I agree!!

Dale, I think you would have made a WONDERFUL counselor!!!

Muldemar

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2012
    Frostbite Falls,MN
    Hi everyone:)
    I tried to fix my computer..and being as I'm pretty computer illiterate..
    I managed to mess it up to the point windows wouldn't even load any more..
    So I did what any DIY does after the mess something up..I called a professional;)
    He came over switched it on and said "yup you screwed up"..So he said it would cost $150 to fix it..Being as its barely 2yrs old..
    and I payed over $600 for it..I thought it was worth it..I got it back..he added some things like Word,Powerpoint,Publishing,and Excel..as well as a good anti virus..and probabley about 1000 songs..(90% of which I like)
    So far its running like the day I took it out of the box:D
    Weather here kinda stinks..had snow yesterday..(only about 2"s) Today had to go to the P.O..it was -4 wind chill -13.brrrr
    Tomarrow high of 20 and low of -10...I really.. REALLY miss Phx:(
    I hope everyone is well and staying warm:vapor:

O34jrs8adEiWnRJ3vtKRxw2_zps28c30a2f.jpg

Last edited:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA

I agree!!

Dale, I think you would have made a WONDERFUL counselor!!!

Thank you guys but I gave it up several years ago and I'm just a little old to be trying to start a new career :)
    And I was doing it at home on my own and well ... you know how that is :unsure:

Chim, sorry you couldn't get that nap, I didn't either; try to have a good night anyway :)

Hey Mul! Been missing you, so sorry about the computer problems. I tend to mess mine up quite often ... course my computer man just laugh's at me, he kind of expect's it these days :facepalm:
    Thank goodness he works for Vanilla Bean Frappe's :D
    You stay warm too ya' hear? :?:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread