Status
Not open for further replies.

daleron

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Yeah I've lost a few myself..and other animals. I had a really mean cat too. He was huge and would get on top of my refrigerator and ambush Daisy ..was so funny. His name was Rascal. Found old Rascal under my truck one morning. He had just up and died.
    Dang Rick, I can't "like" that one to save my soul :(

BBL neb time
    Okay hon, see you when you're done :)

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Nice Chim now keep that pretty smile going girl! :D

I will certainly do my best:)

CB...Dale & I were discussing this earlier...me wanting another dog in the future & my Prince adjusting to it. I think they'll just have to meet & kinda see how it goes & if both of the personalities mesh well together. It could go either way depending on the dogs.

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Yeah I've lost a few myself..and other animals. I had a really mean cat too. He was huge and would get on top of my refrigerator and ambush Daisy ..was so funny. His name was Rascal. Found old Rascal under my truck one morning. He had just up and died.
    We had a mini dachshund mix growing up. She lived to be about 17, she was an outside dog during the day (weather permitting), and inside at night. We lived out in the country and she went off to the woods to go die. We didn't even suspect anything, we knew she was old, but she never seemed sick. :facepalm: Years later a new pup we had gotten "found" her. Came lumbering out of the woods so proud with this long skeleton. Talk about mixed emotions. Happy that Missy had been found so we could bury her properly, p.o.'d to have to chase the new pup around and try to take it away from her when she was so proud to have found something, all dogs LOVE dead stuff...it was almost laughable, but not. We had looked everywhere for her when she disappeared too!!! Crazy. I will never forget that day.

Sirius

Star Puppy
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 19, 2013
    North Carolina
    I will certainly do my best:)

CB...Dale & I were discussing this earlier...me wanting another dog in the future & my Prince adjusting to it. I think they'll just have to meet & kinda see how it goes & if both of the personalities mesh well together. It could go either way depending on the dogs.

Well most people don't realize that dogs even look at us as pack members. So yeah, they will eventually get along once the pecking order is established.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    No worries hun .. I really liked that old cat, even if he was a tad wild.

We had one of those too! My sisters friend gave him to me when I was little. His name was Spike & he loved to attack you from above the refrigerator. Eventually Spike got kicked outside because he was just too wild & mean. We later found out that Spike was really a Spikette when he gave birth to a litter of kittens:lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    We had a mini dachshund mix growing up. She lived to be about 17, she was an outside dog during the day (weather permitting), and inside at night. We lived out in the country and she went off to the woods to go die. We didn't even suspect anything, we knew she was old, but she never seemed sick. :facepalm: Years later a new pup we had gotten "found" her. Came lumbering out of the woods so proud with this long skeleton. Talk about mixed emotions. Happy that Missy had been found so we could bury her properly, p.o.'d to have to chase the new pup around and try to take it away from her when she was so proud to have found something, all dogs LOVE dead stuff...it was almost laughable, but not. We had looked everywhere for her when she disappeared too!!! Crazy. I will never forget that day.
    :facepalm: Ugh Lori! :(

Sirius

Star Puppy
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 19, 2013
    North Carolina

Gosh that brings a German Shepard we had to mind for some reason. Is a long story I will have to share later though. If I think about it tomorrow I'll tell ya about Pal. Odd to say the least what that dog did. I still have never heard a story like it.
    Gotta go now though things to do before I hit the sack..Later all!

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012

Awwwh Lori:sad:

Well most people don't realize that dogs even look at us as pack members. So yeah, they will eventually get along once the pecking order is established.

Yep! I've found that smaller dogs don't like that rule. It took a bit to get my little guy to understand that he wasn't in charge. I think it's the little dog complex though. He swears he's a pitbull. He used to bark at everything & everyone. Smh Hummm...or maybe it was just a male dog thing:laugh:

LoriP1702

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    :facepalm: Ugh Lori! :(
    :facepalm: Yes, I know.

We had two cats that lived in the woods too, growing up, when we had Missy. They were fed twice a day in the barn, had dog houses with lights for warmth, and we would lock them up in the garage if there was really cold, bad weather. But they were mean. They just didn't really like people. One was the most beautiful long haired black female (fixed) cat, the other was a yellow Tom. She wasn't mean, but she just would only let you pet her for a short amount of time, then she was done, and off to the woods for more hunting of ground squirrels and whatever else they could hunt. The Tom, he was really mean. You could pet him as well, but out of the blue he'd attack you. I was hard headed though, I'd pet him and make him sit on my lap.

cowbooger88

ECF Veteran
    Jan 18, 2014
    charleston sc

Marshall is pretty easy going but last time we had been looking to get another dog we did a meet and greet and the other dog kind of lunged at me. I've never seen Marshall react so quick and so defensive. He was only 7 months at the time but he has pit and rot in him so he was full protect mode. He's not even two yet but he knows what mama says goes. Even bath time, although he hides behind the towel for a minute. Haha

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    :facepalm: Yes, I know.

We had two cats that lived in the woods too, growing up, when we had Missy. They were fed twice a day in the barn, had dog houses with lights for warmth, and we would lock them up in the garage if there was really cold, bad weather. But they were mean. They just didn't really like people. One was the most beautiful long haired black female (fixed) cat, the other was a yellow Tom. She wasn't mean, but she just would only let you pet her for a short amount of time, then she was done, and off to the woods for more hunting of ground squirrels and whatever else they could hunt. The Tom, he was really mean. You could pet him as well, but out of the blue he'd attack you. I was hard headed though, I'd pet him and make him sit on my lap.

Hehehe!:lol::lol:

daleron

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Apr 16, 2013
    Arkansas, USA
    Gosh that brings a German Shepard we had to mind for some reason. Is a long story I will have to share later though. If I think about it tomorrow I'll tell ya about Pal. Odd to say the least what that dog did. I still have never heard a story like it.
    Gotta go now though things to do before I hit the sack..Later all!

Good night Rick, sleep well hon :wub:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread