Lurking?? How to find a home within all the forums and threads?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
:lol: Yes, it was from this weird toy I got at the thrift store. It was shaped like a 4 legged animal: the body was a wire frame with sheepskin legs, a mink skin body and rabbit fur head. It's possible it was supposed to be a dog...or a lion, the rabbit fur did stick out like a mane...or some other creature...in any case, it clearly missed. It was so strange I wanted to keep it around, but I needed fur the other night, so it was sacrificed.
RIP.gif

Sure was cool looking. Worth the sacrifice. I have done the same with alot of things around the house making my creations!

Stormy1960

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Lubbock, TX
The thread I wish I would have found as my home was the Little Old Lady thread. Literally spent hours reading with more enjoyment than some books.

Don't go looking for that thread though because you will go full lurker and we won't see you for days.

Now I have to go look:laugh:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The thread I wish I would have found as my home was the Little Old Lady thread. Literally spent hours reading with more enjoyment than some books.

Don't go looking for that thread though because you will go full lurker and we won't see you for days.

I wish she had time to post more.

Deacon Aegis

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2013
Marietta, GA
www.aegissteamcraft.com

LOL, sounds like fun now trying to find that thread. As a very new member of the forums here myself. I am already echoing information that I found, right here on these very forums. I try to avoid making any comments about equipment that I really don't know, but went to the local B&M to handle and get to know some of the eGo gear so I could at least be knowledgeable in that stuff, but otherwise I usually like to point folks at the things I've found and that only a little over one week on the forum. Like many have said, the group of folks here seem to be very cool people and generally are here to share, chill, and have a good time. (Personally, I think many of them are kicking back and grinning with me as I do my thing knowing a newbie tends to run a whole lot before slowing down and just walking the walk, what can I say?) Anyway, it really does feel like a new home with a lot of folks with something in common. So I guess if they can be stuck with me, mwahahahaha, they can be stuck with you too. :D

Worzel

ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
I feel weird when I see my name down the line as the last one to post on threads, but I keep odd hours. I am gone for a while, then back full steam ahead when I get a free moment. There seems to be a mix of people on here who are content with what they have vaping wise, and some who look for something new. The conversations are entertaining and educational!

jenmurray116

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2012
Northern NJ
I get lost as well. I spend a few minutes for the right place to ask, and then just go back to welcoming other n00bs. It works.

Fun place, just overwhelming.

Same here!! :) I figure if I keep poking my head in, eventually I'll feel comfortable. What helped me was finding a thread about my favorite juice vendor....posting there has helped with newbie-itis a lot.

Nsanejain

Feb 27, 2013
GA, USA
I hope you feel welcome there is no reason not to join in, it's not private so all are welcome. Most folks here seem really nice to me. As you well know there are always gonna be somebody negative too so if you run into anyone like that just ignore them and keep on talking, asking and learning. I used to be shy to but as I get older I learn more and more to just do what I want, while still being considerate of others, and enjoy life! :toast::toast:

Magentadaisy

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
New York
I have to say that I've been on numerous different message boards for different purposes, and this one is the most welcoming to newbies, and least cliquish. It's great :)

also, I'd post a lot more, if I wasn't stuck using my ipad to get here. Last month my computer went blue, and I haven't gotten around to fix it.

Last edited:

djtonyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2010
Big Pine Key
Well...I think I see part of the problem..I don't have a very high post count compared to join date! Looks like I need to get busy! Shyness I guess.

Erm... I really need to get busy, then.

I lurk a lot and read a lot, and I only post when I have something to add or something to ask. There are no quotas on daily posts... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread