Mac Vs PC...Whatcha think????

Status
Not open for further replies.

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I just inspected a few of my red cow carts, they look completely empty inside.... just like blank cartos.

Mine have always looked that way. You can take a current generation cart and add juice from the get go. As much as .2 ml. That doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong with the cart.

Sheryl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2009
Minn., USA
I've had several dry out quickly, but the flavor seems to always be there. I have to confess that I ordered 8 packs of carts from another vendor, money reasons. Anyway I got them, tried 1 of each of 3 diff flavors, and actually got sick. They tasted old/dry and 1 of perfume. I had to return them all, and will stick with V4L from now on. It would be nice if the cartos did last more than a couple hours. I've had some that last me 3/4th's to a day, and others that last 2 hours.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
Totally off topic, but isn't this kind of like debating apples and oranges?

I haven't had a Mac for years, but I remember really liking it at the time. My only complaint about my PC is Vista ... hate it, especially when installing new software. They just went way overboard on the security.

I am thinking of upgrading to Windows 7. Has anybody tried it yet?

Yeah, it would be nice to have a computer that just WORKS all the time. I'm kind of a computer geek myself, but sometimes these issues get really tiring.

I tried Vista on a friends computer...hated it. I downloaded the free trial copy of Win7 from Microsoft and love it. People that hated Vista are loving Win7. I have mine in a dual boot configuration. The other OS I have is XP Pro..the 64 bit version. I still like that one too but Win7 is awesome.

~Gazoo~

ECF Veteran
Sep 8, 2009
South Carolina
You bet I will!

In fact, Steve just dropped a wad of change buying me a Macbook Pro so I will be able to do video processing and uploading from China!

So, I'll try to keep an ongoing video travel diary going while I'm there.

Great...it would be cool to see production of everything. Can't wait..:D

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I tried Vista on a friends computer...hated it. I downloaded the free trial copy of Win7 from Microsoft and love it. People that hated Vista are loving Win7. I have mine in a dual boot configuration. The other OS I have is XP Pro..the 64 bit version. I still like that one too but Win7 is awesome.

I've read these posts and put off saying anything but you have made a great observation. I have had my own computer sales and support company for over 20 years and I currently have 60 customers and support over 400 computers.

I have never dealt with the general public, it has always been businesses. Every business I have ever had that once used a MAC doesn't any more. Not the graphic artists not the printing companies, nobody. I do have some customers who have purchased MACs for personal use and every one of them has installed virtual, (VM), software so they could run XP and only a few actually use the MAC OS at all.

I have nothing but admiration for Apple, for their advertising, marketing,. design and more -- and there is nothing wrong with the MAC! What I tell people is this. If they understand they will not be able to use some software they may want or need, and if they also realize that in most cases they could purchase 2 PCs of relatively equal power for the cost of one MAC, go for it.

The fact is that my customers DON'T ever have to do re-installations of XP unless they have a hardware failure. They are well trained in safe computing and I keep them smilin.

To your point. I never have sold the first copy of Vista. It was junk from the start. However I am currently selling a mix of XP and Windows 7. There is still nothing really wrong with XP but you will get more functionality from Windows 7 and though Windows 7 is at its roots, Vista, it is light years better.

SEB

ECF Veteran
Oct 26, 2009
Canada
So I guess that I'm not crazy after all....

I posted something about burnt carts... since then, I burnt or vaped dry at least 10 carts.... I'm so sad I can't afford 3-4 carts per day plus the cost of buying equipment!

I really hope that the carts that I ordered will be better...

So far mint 11mg is ok, it doesn't burn dry after 30 drags... If I vape only on mint I would say that I could use 1 1/2 carts per day but I I use pineapple, pomegrenate or chocolate... 3-4 carts per day plus 3/4 of them will be burnt (unrefillable)

PS: Mac rules!!! And I was an avid PC user and I even used to fix them about 15 years ago... Got a 2009.5 macbook pro and I will never go back...... god I can't believe what I missed

Last edited:

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, I chose a Mac because of it's supposedly superior video processing and editing capabilities.

But now that I have it, and realize I can't even figure out how to maximize a browser window, or how to find my Network places, or, or, really ANYTHING, I'm starting to regret it. :cry:

I'll figure it out, but after all those commercials that say Mac is so intuitive and easy to use, all I have to say is... SCREW YOU, YOU SMUG MAC GUY .......!!! :-x:-x:mad::evil:

Tracy

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
SoCal
Well, I chose a Mac because of it's supposedly superior video processing and editing capabilities.

But now that I have it, and realize I can't even figure out how to maximize a browser window, or how to find my Network places, or, or, really ANYTHING, I'm starting to regret it. :cry:

I'll figure it out, but after all those commercials that say Mac is so intuitive and easy to use, all I have to say is... SCREW YOU, YOU SMUG MAC GUY .......!!! :-x:-x:mad::evil:

LOL, Leaford...thanks for my first good forum laugh of the day :D

leeshor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Norcross, GA
I support several professional music companies and 2 who do video for TV commercials. No MAC in the house, (any more).

Even sold a PC to a MAC dealer here in Atlanta about 5 years ago. He needed to do a project with some software that wouldn't run on a MAC. He was VERY impressed with the cost/performance ratio and didn't mind telling me.

It's amusing that I have roughly 8 customers who have MACs at home with Parallels or Fusion installed so they can run XP but none have yet decided that they want to run the MAC OS on their PC.

BUT, again, I deal only with business users.

As an aside, the Stones, yes those Stones, have been using one of my PCs on their tour bus for years.

Leaford, I can say that you WILL figure it out, it's just a temporary shock to your system :cool:

roxinal

ECF Veteran
May 22, 2009
marshalltown iowa
Nothing beats a MAC! I Like V4L even more now! <-----proud owner of a power mac and ibook....

cdc700
I hear a lot of people say that about a MAC too, I have 3 beautiful clamshell ibooks but I am still trying to figure them out, It almost reminds me of having firefox browser or something, LOL I like my V4L products too:)

Teibidh

ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2009
Obviously the manufacturers switched to Mac for their production line monitoring systems recently. They had to acquire custom written software because the commonly available stuff they used for PC wasn't available for Mac. Then, once they got it set up they realized there were no device drivers available for the hardware they were using. Once they finally got that straightened out they discovered that MacOS attempts to recover application issues automatically a few different ways before notifying the user that there is a problem, thus, we have bad carts.

See, it's all related.

JenJen

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2009
Sunny Arizona
Obviously the manufacturers switched to Mac for their production line monitoring systems recently. They had to acquire custom written software because the commonly available stuff they used for PC wasn't available for Mac. Then, once they got it set up they realized there were no device drivers available for the hardware they were using. Once they finally got that straightened out they discovered that MacOS attempts to recover application issues automatically a few different ways before notifying the user that there is a problem, thus, we have bad carts.

See, it's all related.

*SNAP* gotta love it! PC girl here for life! Tried Mac, didn't like it. Now for $700 I can buy an new PC laptop every two years and stay on top of technology instead of forking out $2000 and having to be stuck with old technology. My mom buys Mac and won't get a new one for about 6 years. Funny thing is, she always installs Windows programs on it - WTH? lol

leaford

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 1, 2008
Shenzhen, Guangdong, China
Well, I started to figure this thing out, and I am liking it more and more. I was just having a bad case of buyer's remorse. I always do. :oops:

Still, though, I don't see where maccies are coming from when they say it's so much more intuitive than Windows. I don't see how Finder is any more intuitive than Windows Explorer, for example. In the end, either one is something you have to learn, not something that just comes naturally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread