macgyver it - household items re-tasked

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
When I started vaping I had a mod that used 14650 batteries. I like doing things on a budget. I also like doing things in a big way and I like MORE POWER! I found some single cell chargers on sale for a couple of bucks apiece and combined them with some Ace Hardware cube taps. The result was a seven bank charger that cost less than any four or six bank charger on the market at the time. I used it for about a year. Sometimes I charged three batts at a time, sometimes five and sometimes seven. The only problem was the huge amount of RF put out by these combined chargers. They made any AM radio unusable within 100 yards of my house and cut my ADSL speed in half.

176.jpg

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
I like this question! Unfortunately, I don't have a very exciting answer, but I use plastic Tupperware-like containers to hold bottles of flavor concentrates and various miscellanea, a wooden jewelry box for tools, a couple of large shot glasses for my "bouquets" of clearomizers, small cream pitchers to hold eGos and iTaste VVs, and a whole bunch of Illy Espresso tins for my loads of DIY liquids.

(Also I seem to have mostly re-tasked my entire kitchen table for making e-liquids, oops!)

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
I have reused an old tool box for a juice holder. A removable shelf from a old fridge for racking juice too. An apple tree branch that had to be removed is now 4 mod stands, after being drilled and sanded. I also use ego beauty rings from protanks to hold un-used tanks upright on my table.

Pictures?? Of the apple tree branch anyway. :)

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
I have reused an old tool box for a juice holder. A removable shelf from a old fridge for racking juice too. An apple tree branch that had to be removed is now 4 mod stands, after being drilled and sanded. I also use ego beauty rings from protanks to hold un-used tanks upright on my table.

Also, I had thought about taking all my old ego-c battery tops (when they die), and mount them on something so I could screw toppers onto them for safe keeping while not in use. Haven't done it yet though...

dash

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2009
Colorado
I am downright awful at figuring out how to post pics on here. But we cut the branch into four sections and drilled holes of various sizes to accommodate different mods. I had a spray can of polyurethane and gave mine a few coats. I left the bark on the outside and coated it well too. It looks really nice on my wood end table. I did NOT drill all the way thru so any juice would not get on my furniture.
Pictures?? Of the apple tree branch anyway. :)

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I retasked an old smoke stand to a vape toy table by installing a plywood table top on it.
I retasked a flashlight holder to be a vamo holder.
I retasked my old butane cigarette lighter to be a flavor wick cleaner (cleaning and dry burning PT atomizer heads).
I retasked scrap pieces of 2X4 to be vape stands for mods and tanks
I retasked a harbor freight tool bag as a vape travel case for my mods, tanks, parts and supplies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread