The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

macgyver it - household items re-tasked

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Lambada Dave, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Lambada Dave

Lambada Dave Full Member

So... what household items, dollar store finds, etc have you re-tasked for your juices and vaporizers?

2. Razorback

Razorback Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 21, 2012
    Conway, Arkansas
    Cell phone holder, fits in the cup holder of the car... Dollar General.

3. old saline eyedrop bottles, cleaned thoroughly ofcourse but great as a sample mix container

4. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    When I started vaping I had a mod that used 14650 batteries. I like doing things on a budget. I also like doing things in a big way and I like MORE POWER! I found some single cell chargers on sale for a couple of bucks apiece and combined them with some Ace Hardware cube taps. The result was a seven bank charger that cost less than any four or six bank charger on the market at the time. I used it for about a year. Sometimes I charged three batts at a time, sometimes five and sometimes seven. The only problem was the huge amount of RF put out by these combined chargers. They made any AM radio unusable within 100 yards of my house and cut my ADSL speed in half.

[​IMG]

5. sarvis

sarvis Full Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Cincinnati
    I am not sure if that's cool or frightening... ;)

6. did that mess with cell too? because you could use that to mess with a whole lot of tech addicts

7. itskohler

itskohler Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 16, 2014
    Aventura, FL
    I made my own racks out of supplies left by the old tennant.

8. yzer

yzer Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 23, 2011
    Northern California
    Luckily, no effect on cell phone frequencies. I use a 4-bank Nitecore Intellicharger i-4 now for 18xxx batts and it doesn't even bother my short wave radios.

9. tazzle

tazzle Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2014
    Athens, Greece
    I like this question! Unfortunately, I don't have a very exciting answer, but I use plastic Tupperware-like containers to hold bottles of flavor concentrates and various miscellanea, a wooden jewelry box for tools, a couple of large shot glasses for my "bouquets" of clearomizers, small cream pitchers to hold eGos and iTaste VVs, and a whole bunch of Illy Espresso tins for my loads of DIY liquids.

(Also I seem to have mostly re-tasked my entire kitchen table for making e-liquids, oops!)

10. Lambada Dave

Lambada Dave Full Member

I will be stealing the "bouquet of clearomizers" shot glass idea! Most of my ejuice is 10mls, how big are those Espresso tins?

11. dash

dash Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Colorado
    I have reused an old tool box for a juice holder. A removable shelf from a old fridge for racking juice too. An apple tree branch that had to be removed is now 4 mod stands, after being drilled and sanded. I also use ego beauty rings from protanks to hold un-used tanks upright on my table.

12. Razorback

Nov 21, 2012
    Conway, Arkansas
    Pictures?? Of the apple tree branch anyway. :)

13. Razorback

Nov 21, 2012
    Conway, Arkansas

Also, I had thought about taking all my old ego-c battery tops (when they die), and mount them on something so I could screw toppers onto them for safe keeping while not in use. Haven't done it yet though...

14. Rdarkness

Rdarkness Full Member Verified Member

Not exactly a regular household item, but I use my humidor to hold all my juices and tanks since I won't be keeping cigars in it anymore. That and I took over my PC repair toolkit to become my coil wrapping kit.

15. dash

dash Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2009
    Colorado
    I am downright awful at figuring out how to post pics on here. But we cut the branch into four sections and drilled holes of various sizes to accommodate different mods. I had a spray can of polyurethane and gave mine a few coats. I left the bark on the outside and coated it well too. It looks really nice on my wood end table. I did NOT drill all the way thru so any juice would not get on my furniture.

16. EBates

EBates Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Nov 4, 2013
    Texas
    I retasked an old smoke stand to a vape toy table by installing a plywood table top on it.
    I retasked a flashlight holder to be a vamo holder.
    I retasked my old butane cigarette lighter to be a flavor wick cleaner (cleaning and dry burning PT atomizer heads).
    I retasked scrap pieces of 2X4 to be vape stands for mods and tanks
    I retasked a harbor freight tool bag as a vape travel case for my mods, tanks, parts and supplies

17. Shirtbloke

Shirtbloke Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 26, 2014
    UK
    I didn't come up with this - read it somewhere - but a Q Tip with the ends cut off makes for a great nozzle extender on bottles of juice.

18. Lambada Dave

Lambada Dave Full Member

I haven't gotten to the point where I need a whole tool box, but I can easily see how that could be in my near future. It seems like a very useful way to quickly put it all out of sight, too.

19. Lambada Dave

Lambada Dave Full Member

Shirtbloke, are you saying that if you cutoff the ends of a Q-tip, the center is hollow? Like a straw?

I have one needle tip bottle, and it is a lot more useful than the standard drip tip. That seems like a very useful hint.

20. Razorback

Nov 21, 2012
    Conway, Arkansas
    You mean like this??

needletip.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.