macgyver it - household items re-tasked

Status
Not open for further replies.

IVAces

Apr 22, 2014
Berea, OH
I use an old Crystal Light tube in my car to keep my mods handy and under control while driving.

Attachments

• DSC_0008.jpg
    DSC_0008.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

TheBeardedMann

ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2014
United States
When I started vaping I had a mod that used 14650 batteries. I like doing things on a budget. I also like doing things in a big way and I like MORE POWER! I found some single cell chargers on sale for a couple of bucks apiece and combined them with some Ace Hardware cube taps. The result was a seven bank charger that cost less than any four or six bank charger on the market at the time. I used it for about a year. Sometimes I charged three batts at a time, sometimes five and sometimes seven. The only problem was the huge amount of RF put out by these combined chargers. They made any AM radio unusable within 100 yards of my house and cut my ADSL speed in half.

176.jpg

That just looks like an explosion waiting to happen...at least to me.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
That just looks like an explosion waiting to happen...at least to me.
Nah. Looks can be deceiving. The cube taps are rated 15 amps. The chargers are 1.2V/350 mA and 3.7V/300 mA. The batts are not the best: 1050 mAh protected ICR but that's what we used for the lower power 3.7V rigs before IMRs became available. I used them for a year and a half without incident. By the time IMR 14650s were available from Efest (AW had them for a while but discontinued them) I was using IMRs in a 18xxx VV/VW APV.

Last edited:

MissBlue

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2014
Lansdowne, PA, USA
are you saying that if you cutoff the ends of a Q-tip, the center is hollow? Like a straw?
they are talking about the plastic off-brand cotton swabs, which are indeed like little tiny straws -- not the brand name "Q Tips", which are solid, and made of cardboard not plastic.

ETA: ooops, i see i missed an entire page pf this thread where this was already covered. please forgive.

and to the thread topic.... i got a cheapo desk organizer from Staples clearance rack; it has tiny drawers in front to hold little bits and pieces, replacement coils, extra dropper tips; shallow rack on top for juice bottles, and tall holders in back for batteries to stand upright.
IMG_20140502_150348_500.jpg

Last edited:

Cool-breeze

ECF Veteran
Nov 24, 2013
Upstate sc
I also have a dental tool that's useful (previously mentioned), jar from spaghetti sauce ( or something) for holding atomizers that can one day be rebuilt should I want or need. I took cardboard from a cat food box and made little drawers to stack my DIY flavorings. Only other thing coming to mind is a saltine box layer with paper towel (for drips) and stabbed my syringes into it. I like to keep my flavorings from mixing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread