macgyver it - household items re-tasked

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could post photos but here is my list.

Ice Cube tray to hold attys, juice, coils, etc.
Manicure set wallet to hold most of my tools. It has little straps to hold the tools in place. It holds 13 pieces and is about 2 inches by 7 inches and it was only $7 with most of the tools in it ready.
Gillette shavers pouch that holds 4 spools of 100 ft wire nice and snug. Altoids tin to hold those small screwdrivers that come with the attys.
Jewelers loop, I sold jewlery years ago, to count the loops I wrapped because I am old and forget how many loops I just did.
Jewelers display foam box, the little ones that they have on their counters to lay a chain or bracelet on when they show it to you. It is 15 by 8 inches, has 4 elevated sides about 1 inch deep with a foam bottom. Great to use as a work surface because things do not bounce when you drop something on it. Plus it is black foam on bottom so little silver pieces stick out on it.
Dollar store mini screwdriver set that tells you the sizes in mm so you know the dia of your coils.
Of course cuticle clippers, not fingernail clippers, because they allow you to get into smaller places then fingernail clippers.
Empty cigar boxes to hold the bigger tools like needle nose pliers, can of butane etc.
Empty Visine and Clear Eyes mini bottles (I use them often because of allergies, wink wink)
Sandwich bags to hold pre cut wire, any small ziplock baggies to hold pre made coils and used coils you want to keep and to hold pre cut wicks from cotton and to hold silica.
Small tool bag that came with a set of Allen keys to hold juices when I am out and about.

jakematic

Verified Member
Jun 1, 2014
Squonk Bottom Flats, NC
IF, and only if, you regularly make pâte à choux and crème pâtissière you might just have a Bismarck tip handy:

p8i7Sxr.jpg

Should you have one of these, they are enormously handy to decant DIY mixes into needle top bottles.

Wash it thoroughly afterward though and follow NSF standards please ;)

AH1968

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Brownsburg,IN. USA
Lots of painters tape and done OUTside.....JIC ;) First attempt using rubber bands launched both bottles 3/4 of the way down the driveway....thankfully, they were plastic bottles!!

My addition to your wonderful idea!! Can mix MASSIVE volumes, quickly, and with little risk for messes :)

steepmaster1.1.jpg
steepmaster1.2.jpg

glowplug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2013
Lakewood, CO USA
I repurposed some 1x1 wood from the neighbors windows they were taking out for a mod stand. Gerber and flashlight holders are mod holders. Diabetic hard case is my rebuilding case. Mini plastic toolbox is the juice holder.

Sent from my LG-D800 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Love the Vaultz med case for my rebuilding tools etc. I carry it with me everywhere cause ya just never know when you want to rewick/recoil. They are $9.84 at Amazon right now. I just grabbed three more...two for family members who use insulin (actually, what they are made for) and one more for me.

I had a time when I went to the 'roll your own' cig store and did one carton of filtered lights. I bought the plastic box for the cigarettes...about the size of a carton of cigs. It has a nice locking plastic lid, plastic box and a little raised insert that allows and juice seepage to drop down on a vaper towel. I use it for carrying juices. I drive a truck and the altitude can cause some juice to seep out of some bottles. This is pretty perfect. Holds enough variety to get me through a week or two of flavor cravings!

I made a 'mod holder' from a flanged bottom and a short piece of threaded pipe. It is large enough for my ZMax and other tube mods. It is HEAVY and doesn't tip in the truck. I had to create a bottom for the flange and cover the metal cause I could have my pretties scratched by the metal. It is not as attractive as a wood mod holder but it does a great job. I did have some help from DH in getting the pipe to the right height. I don't do power tools. But I do run with scissors!

A very pretty pottery cup that I paid a whopping $.69 at the thrift store holds a box mod just fine on my desk. I have a tendency to know them over.

Vaper towels, wire nippers, small screwdriver to augment the lil ones that have come with drippers, generic Q-tips and cotton balls have been appropriated as well.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Water pic: Great for cleaning rba's. Not much left to dry burn off the coils after water pic treatment:D.

Eraser: large erasers. Cut in sections wide enough to jamb into a spool of wire. Helps prevent frustrating unraveling, while supplying tension on wire for wrapping.

Jar lids: Perfect for containing spools of wire. With eraser in spool, it all locks inside the jar lid securely.

Various small Tupperware containers: great for holding parts, supplies, and storage. Handy to have when breaking down rba's and not loosing screws and such.

Artistic Wire Coiling Gizmo: Yeah, makes coiling fast, easy, consistent, and fun. A must have for any builder:D

Plastic Quart coffee creamer bottles: Use this for holding My Bulk VG for mixing. Buy vg in gallon size, pour off 1 quart at a time. Have a pop off lid and a non drip spout. Great for pouring VG into plastic syringe for measuring.

60 ml Plastic Syringe: Use these for measuring VG to mix. Pour VG to desired level then plunge it into the mixing flask/beaker.

Mason Jars: Love these for storing large batches of juice. Easy to clean and reuse. Also work good for mixing juice in too.

Magnet on a stick: Great for finding lost parts, screws and coils. Have a pen sized telescoping one, has saved my vape more than once:D

Toothbrush & paste: Great for cleaning rba's, mechs and threads. Water soluble, and leaves clean minty shine.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread