Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
i was a bit worried about it but they did a good job with my order, it was shipped fast and arrived no problems. it was pretty dirty like machining bits and polish residue but i always clean the piss outta my rbas before i use em so ah well. i was really inspecting it a lot to make sure it was legit and not a clone or something. but i havent found a clone anywhere yet, i heard they have already cloned it but i cant find it (thats good!:laugh:) but yeah its all good, it seems to be the revised edition, i believe the newer ones have a white spacer/insulator inside the well in between the posts. not sure if i got the new 510, seems long still so prob not.... either that or they didnt revise it very much:D

The clone thing is what I was worried about with that Purevapeindy place. I mean they have tons of authentic stuff that isnt cloned yet but everywhere ive seen the magmas they're never under at least 105$. But 90$ is a bit of a mark down, I wanna buy it and not wait to email them but I know where impatience gets me, nowhere.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
yeah that what i was lookin at on their website they have clones and authentics. 89.99 is really cheap compared to everywhere i seen it, lowest ive seen it was 105 i think as well. if you wanna be safe just snag it from local vape, that way you know it will be all good. they keep up to date with the most recent releases as well. since its been outta stock for awhile now they prob just got the most recent revision. it just came back in stock like a day ago or so. id prob just order from local vape my friend. better safe then sorry.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
yeah that what i was lookin at on their website they have clones and authentics. 89.99 is really cheap compared to everywhere i seen it, lowest ive seen it was 105 i think as well. if you wanna be safe just snag it from local vape, that way you know it will be all good. they keep up to date with the most recent releases as well. since its been outta stock for awhile now they prob just got the most recent revision. it just came back in stock like a day ago or so. id prob just order from local vape my friend. better safe then sorry.

I think you might be right, id rather be safe spending a little more for my reassurance then spending cheaper and maybe getting cheaper. Who knows? Maybe they just sell stuff cheap lol but in my experience, you do get what you pay for in this industry, most times at least. Thanks for your help! I'll post back with impressions.

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
I think you might be right, id rather be safe spending a little more for my reassurance then spending cheaper and maybe getting cheaper. Who knows? Maybe they just sell stuff cheap lol but in my experience, you do get what you pay for in this industry, most times at least. Thanks for your help! I'll post back with impressions.

for sure! not a problem. i agree with you, in this industry you definitely get what you pay for. plus that reassurance is always nice when ordering high end pieces. good luck with your rda! lemme know what you think. i enjoy mine, just wish the 510 was a little better. it works but if it was just a tad bit shorter and few more threads like i said it would be perfect.

Kensumitsu

Apr 13, 2014
CA
Does anybody else have issues with their afc ring being misaligned?
0412141749a.jpg

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
mine wasnt lining up but i just flipped it over. the afc has one side that is flat and the other side has a bevel like cut on it. the flat side needs to be on the bottom and the bevel is up. if you cant line them up i dont know what to do!:unsure: where did you purchase it? is it authentic? i saw one picture of a clone (the only clone ive seen of the magma) and the airholes were an absolute mess. they didnt line up at all.

Last edited:

iamAuz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2014
Bryant, Arkansas
View attachment 325608
those airholes dont look right at all. it looks like they are the wrong size completely. mine are very nicely machined. a 3mm, 2mm and 1mm hole. those on your picture look like two 3mm holes side by side. i dont see the sizing being correct also the paradigm letters look way too big compared to an authentics letters. my letter are not that large. are you sure it is authentic? might be a clone.

Last edited:

Kensumitsu

Apr 13, 2014
CA
Yea Im beginning to questioning the legitimacy of my Magma. The airholes are indeed 3mm, 3mm, 1mm. Is the rda supposed to come with any proof of authenticity? Other than the treasure chest that it comes in? I bought mine off of Localvape for $115

edit: I did also notice that my airholes decrease in size from left to right (3 - 2 - 1) rather than from right to left, compared to other magmas that I've seen

Last edited:

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Sorry to hear this and hope it gets worked out to your benefit. Makes my friggin blood boil when I hear these stories. I just bought one today of our classy and it's the real deal from the pics. I think V2 also has an insulator/white thingy between the posts according to the mother ships FB page and the pic I just saw before I bought it.

BTW, if you paid via CC and the merchant wont resolve it to your satisfaction just dispute it providing your inside the time limit.

EDIT: I just looked at your vendors site and the pic. They are in stock or at least I could place it in my cart.

Last edited:

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
Okay so I finally got a build that works fairly well. I don't know what my problem is but this dripper has been one of my more difficult RDAs to build. I got dual 26g 5/64 10 wrap coils in there now wicked with cotton. They burn "mostly" evenly together. The other builds I tried I just couldn't get them to light up anywhere close to even and resistance seemed to jump around. I took the positive post apart to make sure it wasn't an insulator issue and it wasn't. I still can't figure out why the don't light up exactly evenly but that problem is for my next build.

One thing I forgot to mention about the Magma, which I haven't seen on any other attys, is that the bottom of the screws have a little needle tip in the middle. If you look through the post holes and start unscrewing the screws you will see it hanging down. Notice how this divides the post hole into two even and separate areas.

I suspect this was done so that you could insert the wires side by side, to keep them separate and stop any binding that can sometimes happen with multiple wires in the same holes.

Next time you rebuild try positioning the screws so that the hole is divided up by that little tip, and insert each wire on either side of the post. I'm thinking maybe one of your wires got pinched or something, and the other one isn't securely held in there, causing your erratic resistance readings and uneven heating.

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
View attachment 325608

That AFC ring is definitely messed up, it looks like someone has drilled it out, and off-center by the looks of it. You can even see some burrs on the edge on the far right hole in the picture left over from drilling it out with a dull bit, and the holes are the wrong size.

The logo is much darker too, maybe a camera/lighting thing, or perhaps laser etching naturally varies, I really have no idea.

If you didn't drill the holes yourself, it seems like someone at the shop did (and screwed up) or it's a clone. Or a lemon that really should have been caught by the people at Paradigm, and if not there should have been noticed by your shop and sent back, not put on the shelf.

Either way go back and try to get a refund, unless you just botched a drill job ;)

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I am loving these things. I have two clones, but I'm really considering getting two originals to put on my "I'll never allow to be abused" mods. The quality of the clone is crazy too.. threads are buttery smooth, and all airholes line up..afc has a dimple from where it looks like they almost started 4 sets of holes.. like that on both. Hey, at least they're consistent.;)

No big chunk of derlin between posts, but the positive block is on a nice piece of derlin. I guess if I need to address this, let me know. *I* see no issue with how it is currently.. hard for me to use anything else with the quality of lung hit from these. The condensation from the dome gets in my mouth from time to time.

37, ph0n3 h0m3.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Yesterday I got my real deal V2 from our classifieds. I'm a flavor chaser /lol so Gambit from 5P was my first fill. WOW!!!! The flavor is outstanding. Better than my KayFuns with this multilayered complex juice. I'm blown away! I suspect ? it's that domed cap combined with the air hole just below the coil. It's kinda a "swoosh" vape and different than any dripper or the KFs I have.

I'm using 2ML Ekowool in a single coil mounted about 2MM above the air hole. Tails of the wicks just touching the bottom of the juice well. Had to play a bit to get them the correct length. So far for me about 25 drops on a refill which is the critical metric for me. I suspect cotton would hold more but I'm a dry burn kinda guy.

Minor little dribbles rarely out of the single air hole I use. Gets a little messy when I remove the top cap but that's more about my desire to play and tweak and normally just vape until I get a dry hit. I was concerned with a refill since I have an open air hole but so far just dripping the juice between the two posts seems to work just fine. I correct myself in a previous comment to the seller, the 510 threading is a little skimpy so I mount it tighter than my KFs on my ProVari. A little snugger but no need for me to crank it down very tight. Could be improved.

Time for me to play with better builds since my coil would not win a beauty contest and experiment with mounting the coil a little higher off the air hole

HTH

:)

bce22

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 1, 2014
Blackstone, MA
One thing I forgot to mention about the Magma, which I haven't seen on any other attys, is that the bottom of the screws have a little needle tip in the middle. If you look through the post holes and start unscrewing the screws you will see it hanging down. Notice how this divides the post hole into two even and separate areas.

I suspect this was done so that you could insert the wires side by side, to keep them separate and stop any binding that can sometimes happen with multiple wires in the same holes.

Next time you rebuild try positioning the screws so that the hole is divided up by that little tip, and insert each wire on either side of the post. I'm thinking maybe one of your wires got pinched or something, and the other one isn't securely held in there, causing your erratic resistance readings and uneven heating.

This is probably true and the reason I had some erratic readings at first. I noticed this as well but deemed it to difficult or fiddly to thread the wire on each side. I may try nonetheless next time.

Sent from my HTCEVOV4G using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread