RDA Magma RDA From Paradigm

Status
Not open for further replies.

beemayer

Jul 24, 2014
New Orleans
I got mine in the mail this morning and haven't put it down! Build quality is phenomenal, and once I got it cleaned up there was only a single tiny flaw that I could find. They must make their own post screws from threaded rod, as one of mine has a sharp edge at the top. I'm being super picky here though, and more than happy that this is all I can find. The finish on everything is is just flawless with a nice rounded and polished feel to all edges.

I threw a single micro coil on there with a piece of cotton placed straight through, curled the ends around the body and cut the tails off level with the bottom of the threads. This gave me the perfect length so that each end only just touched the bottom of the well. This thing really holds it's juice! Definitely agree with Dice, this can hardly be called a dripper anymore :D

Before this I used my Atomic RDA every day. Don't get me wrong it's still an incredible topper, and I won't be parting with it, but the Magma just fills in the small gaps. I rarely suffered any major leakage, but the oily feeling of trace amounts on the body is pretty common for me, and I can see juice sitting on the body. To say that this holds SO much more, has no O-ring and hasn't leaked one tiny bit is incredible.

The only thing I find annoying with the Atomic (and most other drippers for that matter) is that if I feel the need to tighten it up on my mod, the body will turn the instant that the connection bites down. This then moves the air hole away from the coil and the whole things needs to be pulled off to line back up again. Obviously with the deck being part of the body on the Magma, it stays exactly where it should.

For me personally, the air hole selection is absolutely perfect. With the Atomic on the smallest air hole it's still a touch too airy. With the Magma, the smallest hole is about the same tightness as an Evod or Ego-T, middle hole is a touch airier (and my standard setting) and the largest is perfect for cloud chasing lung inhales.

Overall I can't think of anything I would change (other than the screws, but easily replaced for my preferred knurled hex key type) and it feels like it was built just for me :D I had my reservations after taking so long to get the knack of a Kayfun, but my first build just worked right off the bat and was everything I could have hoped for. It feels so strange not having to take my bottle of juice around the house with me, but top ups are so far apart now there's just no need to!

where can I get some replacement screws?? I cant seem to find them anywhere and the clone I received didn't come with any so I haven't been able to even try out my atty.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Fraking hate that bee. And I was pitching a fit cause the Orchid didn't come with the 0.9 mm allen wrench needed to tighten the screws, and could only find the micro size online or at a rc hobby store, which closes before I get up, and is closed on my days off.

Did you contact the vender about it? Usually the reputable ones will send ya the replacement parts, no hassle. But a radio control hobby store would carry srews of the size needed, for sure. Take it in and see if they can help you out.

CGB Spender

May 17, 2014
san diego
im still new to vaping
so I have little experience with rda's probably tried 4-5 types

stumbled on this magma on a you tube video showing how much juice it holds so I had to try it
all my other rda's had nothing on the bottom and seemed all I did was drip them after each hit
maybe thats what your supposed to do I figured your supposed to get at least 5 hits

I got a clone from tobeco $20 ebay
from what I can tell its a good clone, compared to the pics here of the real ones
looks perfect, thick metal made well no defects air rings looks to be the same as the real ones

way more powerful then all my other ones, at first I really couldnt tell that much nothing that blew me away
but ive found with new cotton takes a dozen hits to get rid of the cotton taste
so that may explain why I didnt notice much in the beginning

I run all my rda's dual coil .6 ohms, why I dont know too lazy to try other coils

but after using it for a week all my other ones suck now
maybe its the better air flow, or because of the large juice well
I dont need it packed with cotton like the other ones
so it flows better

but after a week of it constantly leaking out the vent holes and taking it on and off my hana clone the bottom post screw needed to be adjusted out a turn, for some reason to connect now
I figure maybe screwing it on tight, and unscrewing it makes the screw move a little

well that far out it drips out the screw
Ive had this problem before on another rda so I just stick in an extra small oring and its all sealed now
allows me to screw in the center pin tight, seals it up and sticks down far enough to work on my mod
and I just do finger tight now so I can unscrew and clean any juice that leaks out

Still get leaks out the vent holes so I have to really pay attention when filling
funny when I first got it never had leaks out the vents but maybe I dripped dead center
but later all I get is leaks now, not sure what I had changed must be dripping in too much or I was dripping on the coils which sits right over the vent holes
I was used to dripping on the coils on my other ones this its better to drip dead center

I take off the drip tip and put about 8 drips in, watch it soak up into the cotton and drip 8 more then put the cap on
suck hard incase it starts to drip I think the sucking prevents that

then it can sit and not dribble out

I think the flaws are the center pin cant really be unscrewed at all without leaking maybe have some orings inside it , and the vent tubes inside are too short
at least on my clone, which im sure is the same as the legit one

other then that its really nice, and looks nice
ordered another one too

ToxicRVA

Verified Member
Jul 7, 2014
Richmond, Va, USA
where can I get some replacement screws?? I cant seem to find them anywhere and the clone I received didn't come with any so I haven't been able to even try out my atty.

I was a little annoyed mine didn't come with a drip tip, I would have been irate if it didn't have screws in it

CGB Spender

May 17, 2014
san diego
my 2nd clone tobeco magma came in
just as good quality as the first clone I got from them
and this looks like the center power screw sticks down alot more then my first one, and its super tight which is great

wont need to worry about it not making contact like the last one I got

going to use this new one to experiment with different coils and compare to the one ive been using
easier that way to get an instant before and after

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I was a little annoyed mine didn't come with a drip tip, I would have been irate if it didn't have screws in it

Yeah, that piszed me off too, but fortunately, I had ordered some Splash tips from Mad vapes. Heck, still annoyed at the Orchid, not only no drip tip, no 0.9 mm hex key for the screws, tank is crap, and the juice channels are to shallow for the watts I vape at..... but it breathes almost as well as the magma, so will be worth getting it where it should of been to begin with. grrr.

How low have you guys gone on your Magma? I'm curious as to when it will stop tasting and vaping amazingly. Haven't gone below .4 on mine.

Have both the Authentic and infinite clone, built vertically and at 0.18-0.21 ohms. And haven't maxed it's potential yet. Need to re-wick, been on the same ramie wicks for a month, and the fibers have become unruly as all heck, but they both are vaping awesome still :lol::D

Might take it down to 0.15 ohms, but think I found my Max Vape Sweet Spot :lol: in the 90's. My casual vape spot seem about 43-75, depends on the rba, but the Russian just is like BAM at 75. Damn, need to build the Big Kayfun. going 0.4 in it, just arrived in the vapebox today!!

WharfRat1976

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Austin, Texas
Here's mine with a Zodiac drip tip on my VIGGO. What a flavor beast it is. I like it better than my Norbert Origins V2 but both very good. Norbert does have a looser draw.
agugu2yg.jpg

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Loose the ac ring, have both mag's, and in fact all my rba's with ac, the rings and screw have been removed for max air flow. Just no reason to use them if one vapes over 50 watts, imo. But that's me, plus I build Verts on these type of rba's, which helps optimize the air flow and mechanics also.

TL;DR

One improvement that I think could be made, is to have a tube sticking out from the air hole in the deck. Have it extend 1/8th inch or so above the deck, and this should almost completely eliminate any sort of leaking due to over filling. A lot of the deck airflow attys have this little nipple/tube and it would have been nice to see on the Magma.

As Posted on the FastTech Forums
A Piercing Needle g12 (10x0.2 mm) does the trick!

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Nice looking //'s Rat. Using 22 gauge on both Magmas, vertical mounted, comes in at 0.16 ohms, never seen a drip well evaporate so fast:D Never owned a dripper until I looked at the magma, and thought, damn, that would be fraking awesome to put verts on, so I did, and it does.:lol: or something like that.

Reactions: I_Vaping

Nautilusfan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nice looking //'s Rat. Using 22 gauge on both Magmas, vertical mounted, comes in at 0.16 ohms, never seen a drip well evaporate so fast:D Never owned a dripper until I looked at the magma, and thought, damn, that would be fraking awesome to put verts on, so I did, and it does.:lol: or something like that.
Pics of the verticals please. With wicking :D

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Pics of the verticals please. With wicking :D

I'll take some pics after I get up, just got off work and it's finally the weekend, will have some time then. Right now my pizza is ready, and a new episode of Doctor Who is my immediate concern:D That said, I finally found a tank system that is going to challenge the Magma for Top Gun. Yeah a tank. Native tipple coil, ideal for verticals, and vapes soo good. It's the Gus Estia 510 from Greece. Very nice:vapor:

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I'll take some pics after I get up, just got off work and it's finally the weekend, will have some time then. Right now my pizza is ready, and a new episode of Doctor Who is my immediate concern:D That said, I finally found a tank system that is going to challenge the Magma for Top Gun. Yeah a tank. Native tipple coil, ideal for verticals, and vapes soo good. It's the Gus Estia 510 from Greece. Very nice:vapor:
Yeah... the estia is so worth every penny. Did you get your adapter figured out with Gus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread