Map Tank on a chuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
No one can actually tell me how it works at 6v on the vendor thread. Figured I'd get a better answer here. Anyone have one and how will the 3.2ohm version work at 6 volts? I am getting negative opinions but I need one from a chucklehead!

Oh Quake are you out there?
Drozd?- your opinion is usually what I fly with when it comes to these matters.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Well I have never tried it, but it would be too hot for me for sure.
I have the 3.2 going on my P-18 at 3.7 - 4.2 depending on charge and its perfect for me.
Seems about the same as 1.7Ω 510 on 3.7 .... not quite a 1.5 equivalent IMO.
I have the E2s in all Ω and they just seem much hotter than you would think for their rating.

But the MAP tank is freaking great so give one a try no matter what you have to use it on.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks for the replies. I really kind of want one but I see that I need to go to a five volt mod or try and get use to 3.7 vaping again. I gave the 18650's a whirl last night...eh, I am long since ruined.
Oh Jeff......dude, I'll be your guinea pig, just tell me where to send the pizza.

Poeia, good catch, I wonder if it would fit.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I found something called a Regulator, suppose to take your 6V device down to 5V. I am wondering if that would work though I am thinking I would have one heck of an obnoxious looking vaping device. I think I am just going to sit back and wait and see with regards to the map mod-new things always get oohs and aahhs right off the bat. They are brand new and never in stock so I'll wait till the rush dies down and do some more reading. First thing I need to do is buy some new batts. Mine are not holding a good charge lately. I might just get myself one of those regulator dealies too so I can compare the differences.

I really am not into fuddling around and I like simple. For some, half the fun of vaping is all the fuddling, not for me. That is why I really like my chuck. And battery math gives me a headache, it isn't that I can't learn it, I survived pharmacy math but my brain has too much going on as it is and I don't find it interesting enough to develop full understanding of ohms, voltage, watts, mahs and all that other stuff. Probably for the same reasons I don't play around with vidio games, custom menus for my satellite tv or own an ipod or one of those newer cell phones. I never even learned to program the damn vcr! My jobs, family and critters saturate my brain enough! LOL!

Lately, my carto's seem inconsistant....I use to be all good with them for a couple weeks at a time but recently and randomly the dang things get burnt tasting instantly, I'll put one in and it is ready for the garbage in a day, try another and it is fine for a week or so. Not sure if it has to do with my batteries though, I have two pairs and switch them out daily but I think after nine months they just might need to be replaced.

Last edited:

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
Thanks FL, I have a question though. At the higher voltage the draw is somewhat automatic, at 3.7 I feel like I have to inhale harder, aside from the warmer hit, that is the biggest reason I am stuck on 6. So by going that way, would I just get the warmer vape or would I also get the other benefits-that big warm airy effortless hit? I've tried some low resistance stuff in the past, the latest was an atomizer covered in a drip tip that drew threw in with my last order, I thought it was a cute little thing but I didn't get the draw that I like and of course I killed it right away because when I do vape, I take multiple hits in a very short time frame, the LR stuff tends to overheat and blowout. I also tried some low resistant cartos and attys with my 3.7 batt when they first came out, first generation, blew out instantly. That is why I have been hesitant to go with the reverse route.

Not trying to be a pain but I can't afford to do the trial and error things these days. Don't want to order a dang thing unless I know I am gonna really be happy with it. In a perfect world there would be stores that would have every device and accessory that one could try before whipping out the credit card! :) In time I figure some chuck user will get one and hopefully they'll post on how it works.

floridamale

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Florida
I can only say what I'm using which is 3.0ohm @ 5volt & 2.4ohm @ 3.7 volt both have easy draws good vapor & taste. I have used the 2.0 / 3.2 ohm @ 6 volt although the vape is on the warm side & I don't believ you will long life from the coil it self so I would buy replacement coils also. Good Luck

Last edited:

XDoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
Casper, WY
I've been playing around with mine for a couple days. It will fit, but requires an adapter. I'm using a 510 modders connector I got from Avid Vaper. Its short enough that it looks pretty clean installed. Gap is less than 1/8".

Mine is 2.4ohm, using it at 3.7v. The draw is very, very easy and the vapor production and throat hit are incredible. My stick is starting to look more and more like a light saber, but I'm strangely ok with that.

img20110208110321.jpg

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I use to think waiting for a chuck was a killer but trying to score one of these map tanks is crazy! I'll be ordering a 3.2 version, if I can hit it at the right time. It is crazy looking but if it works and I like it then it is all good. I sure as heck hope I can figure out how to fill and assemble the thing when I do get it. It seems if you don't do it just so you are sol.

XDoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
Casper, WY
That looks nice.I like that a LOT better than the long one I got from COV ! Thanks for posting that !

This is the one I'm using: 510 modders connector - Avid Vaper

They come with a nut installed on the threads. If you end up getting one, you have to take that nut off for it to work. That only took me a half hour to figure out lol.

I'm not affiliated with Avid Vaper in any way.

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
Little Chuck is 3.7V so you can get any ohm you want. Lower ones will be like getting a low rez atomizer -- they'll simulate vaping at 5V or 6V. 3.2 will be closest to what you are used to when vaping at 3.7V. Amy usually vapes at 6V which is why she wanted the 3.2.

Chucks have that great indentation so that when you flood your atomizer/cartomizer, you just mop it out rather than having to wash your entire mod. But the MAP tank is wide so it won't be able to reach down to the threads. That's why Chucks will need an adapter. XDoctor found a place that has 510-to-510 adapters (check - they might have 808-to-510s as well.) If not, nhaler ($8) & goodprophets (99¢) both carry them. Also, I don't think the drip tip/mouth piece you've been using on your 808 will work so get one of those too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread