Status
Not open for further replies.

Anise

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
May 11, 2016
Southern Louisiana USA
My husband just opened a pack of Marlboros and there was a coupon for $10 off a juul starter kit or device. WTH? I know they own 35% of juul but to give out coupons in the cigarette pack just seems wrong. Anyone else hear of vaping coupons in cigarette packs?

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
When I was still getting mail from RJR, I got a free trial coupon for the Vuse...I did pick one up and try it for free. I don't see the harm in them offering a coupon for a harm reduction product to the intended audience of said product. How else are they going to reach their intended market???

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
My husband just opened a pack of Marlboros and there was a coupon for $10 off a Juul stater kit or device. WTH? I know they own 35% of Juul but to give out coupons in the cigarette pack just seems wrong. Anyone else hear of vaping coupons in cigarette packs?

Why wouldn't they do it? It makes them look like they are trying to move people off of cigarettes.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
It's very low cost direct target marketing. I don't blame them at all for doing it.
I don't see why anyone would blame them. I know plenty of people here love to hate on Juul, but to cast "blame" a cigarette company for encouraging people to try a vapor device instead, any vapor device at all, makes no sense.

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
They have to make their money up somewhere with the drastic drop in smoking rates. Makes sense they want you to keep using their products and putting money in their pocket. BT saw the shifting market years ago although I don't think anyone thought vaping would disrupt the market as much as it has.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
We all suffer from the perception that vaping is dominated by Big Tobacco. It's what makes it so easy for laypeople to condemn vaping. We see ourselves as a community that invented an effective grassroots tobacco-cessation method where the medical industry failed. And we're rightly proud of that. It feels like Juul stole it, corrupted it, and the only part we get to share is the backlash.

ETA: My 1000th message! Dropping vapebombs

Last edited:

Tabac man

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2019
London
th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread