Massachusetts banned e-cigs entirely... smh

Status
Not open for further replies.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
The Public Health Commissioner wrote an order today saying vape shops in Massachusetts could sell online to other states but not to anyone in Mass. She also said the shops could display products online and advertise anyway they wanted.

:|:blink:
After many sold off their stock, let everyone go, forfeited on their lease agreement, etc.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
The Public Health Commissioner wrote an order today saying vape shops in Massachusetts could sell online to other states but not to anyone in Mass. She also said the shops could display products online and advertise anyway they wanted.

:|:blink:

So, the stuff isn't safe for MA residents to use as it's a medical emergency, but it's OK to sell this stuff to out of state people even though you believe it will make them ill and possibly kill them? :facepalm:

BigPappa

Ultra Member
Sep 21, 2019
Fort Myers, FL
So, the stuff isn't safe for MA residents to use as it's a medical emergency, but it's OK to sell this stuff to out of state people even though you believe it will make them ill and possibly kill them? :facepalm:
That's the first thing that went through my mind as well!! smh

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

That Does seem a Tad Ironic. Doesn't it?

:blink:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
I guess the government hasn’t learned anything from the failed war on drugs that still makes the drug problem way worse than it should be.

I was a opioid addict for many years and tried multiple times rehabs enforcing strict abstinence only programs without much avail. Each relapse got worse until I was homeless with no hope. Now I’m on methadone wth good supports in place and have a life again that doesn’t involve me passing out in random bathrooms for hours after shooting up some crap I got in a back alley. Sure people have opinions and some say it’s worse but all I know is I’d be dead or in jail right now without it. Life is hard my girlfriend was a chronic alcoholic and kept relapsing and doing crazy stuff Everytime she drank. Alcohol is available everywhere yet it can be considered one of the worst drugs out there. I finally had enough and broke up with her only to discover she jumped off a bridge a couple hours later. If I wasn’t stable with support systems in place at the time I probably would’ve went off the deep end.

I started vaping instead of smoking shortly after starting methadone and I am feeling much better than I did smoking. It riles me up when people have to tell me their opinion is right. I don’t go around telling smokers to quit or saying I quit because I know I’ve substituted wth somethings else.

I think I have to right to live happy instead of being sick all the time. I think I’m better use to society now working and not in and out of jail. But people are gonna hate.

Last edited:

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I guess the government hasn’t learned anything from the failed war on drugs that still makes the drug problem way worse than it should be.

I was a opioid addict for many years and tried multiple times rehabs enforcing strict abstinence only programs without much avail. Each relapse got worse until I was homeless with no hope. Now I’m on methadone wth good supports in place and have a life again that doesn’t involve me passing out in random bathrooms for hours after shooting up some crap I got in a back alley. Sure people have opinions and some say it’s worse but all I know is I’d be dead or in jail right now without it. Life is hard my girlfriend was a chronic alcoholic and kept relapsing and doing crazy stuff Everytime she drank. Alcohol is available everywhere yet it can be considered one of the worst drugs out there. I finally had enough and broke up with her only to discover she jumped off a bridge a couple hours later. If I wasn’t stable with support systems in place at the time I probably would’ve went off the deep end.

I started vaping instead of smoking shortly after starting methadone and I am feeling much better than I did smoking. It riles me up when people have to tell me their opinion is right. I don’t go around telling smokers to quit or saying I quit because I know I’ve substituted wth somethings else.

I think I have to right to live happy instead of being sick all the time. I think I’m better use to society now working and not in and out of jail. But people are gonna hate.
Rough times you've been through brother. Glad you're doing better now. So glad you're here with us :wub:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal

Congratulations and good luck to you, Ricky! Proud of you. And forget the government--seems like they'll never learn.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
[IQOS] Tastes like sucking on a cigarette that went out halfway before it finished.
Have you actually tried it or are you just repeating something you heard somewhere?

Taste is subjective. A lot of people fail with vaping because it doesn't taste like a cigarette. IQOS does, at least to me. Now mind you, it had been 4-1/2 years since I last has a real cigarette when I tried it, so that taste didn't do anything for me. I fact, I didn't care for the taste much at all, but I do occasionally enjoy on for the effect of the minor alkaloids that it delivers, which are missing from a straight nicotine vape.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Have you actually tried it or are you just repeating something you heard somewhere?

Taste is subjective. A lot of people fail with vaping because it doesn't taste like a cigarette. IQOS does, at least to me. Now mind you, it had been 4-1/2 years since I last has a real cigarette when I tried it, so that taste didn't do anything for me. I fact, I didn't care for the taste much at all, but I do occasionally enjoy on for the effect of the minor alkaloids that it delivers, which are missing from a straight nicotine vape.
You've caused me to take a slight interest in these things. If I ever have the chance, I'm going to try one. Just to see what it's like. I do actually see it having a place for certain people. A good friend of mine has refused to switch to vaping because he loves the way cigs taste. Maybe this would work for him.

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019

I could see it having a place for some people. I smoked when I started vaping I just went down to Mabye 17 a day and would vape in between and at night when I woke up with nicotine withdrawal. Then I started going down and replace smoke breaks with vaping. People would always ask hey are you out of smokes and hand me one. I’d say nope got two full packs. The 16 mg in a 0.2 ohm coil I was dripping sure did the trick. Although it left any one else coughing that hit it. Eventually I felt worse if I left my vape at home and remembered my pack of smokes. I went down to 5 a day in time then 2 then stuck with that one morning one for a while until finally I dropped it completely.

I guess now I’m too used to vaping 3mg
My pina coloda, grape drank on ice and blueberry slushy flavour. I tried a couple puffs off someone’s after a meeting once and could not get into it my lungs are too used to vape juice and felt way worse than when I had my first cigarette. Did not like the after taste at all. Mabye it’s better than some of the old 50/50 tobacco flavours ive tried but not something I would want to switch to. So dam expensive for the heat sticks and whatnot too.

It’s funny because I used to roll a lot of My own filterless ciggarettes too for A long time without much problem. I guess heron is a good drug to make you not care. Now people can call me a puss or whatever when they see me pull out My vape I don’t care. Mabye they are right.

Dave from Dash vapes really did hit the nail on the head though hehe.

Last edited:

Ricky Vapes

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2019
Congratulations and good luck to you, Ricky! Proud of you. And forget the government--seems like they'll never learn.
Thanks I have a good job now making good money so I pay for my prescriptions if they arnt covered through my plans. Only people here who automatically get theirs covered are people on welfare or disability. My mom has been on disability ever since my father died but my father never did anything for us he was a mean old ....... who didn’t have to drink to be mean it came natural. Mom was always sick and depressed growing up.

I’ve always looked after my mother and lived with her giving her money helping her however I could. After my girlfriend died I moved back in with mom because the apartment we stayed in for while seemed haunted or something to me. Moms happy to have her son back. It really sucked when I realized my addiction was hurting her so bad. I’d be passed out in the bathroom and she would find me. I never intended to hurt her and that’s one of the biggest regrets I Have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread