Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Ummmm..... Isn't the Governor of Massachusetts, the one who enacted the strictest ban in the nation, a Republican?

Please...

Let's Not Confuse the Issue. Or Tamp Down the chance to Inject Partisan BS into the conversation by stating Facts.

f1vefour

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Emerald Coast
We should try to put aside our political differences and stick to the issue. Like someone mentioned above, it's essentially the government vs the vaping community.

In times of distress we look for someone to blame because that's our nature, nothing wrong with it since there is certainly blame to be found. But it isn't going to help the issue at hand, I really don't know what will except uniting, educating, and sticking to our Super Soaker's[emoji769].

mare ze dotes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
WI/Boston
That's a shame. We all need to stick together and not divide amongst ourselves.

For real! I am Mad at Douch Bag Baker for his stance on education most. That is for another discussion. We do need to hang together. Still, he did do this to me. I am not happy.

Doof

Apr 28, 2016
I smoked for over 50 years and it got to the point where I could barely breathe. I knew I had to quit but I also knew I had no will power to do so. Then 6 years ago I tried vaping and it literally saved my life. I still got my nicotine fix and could finally breathe easier and I was not inhaling all those harmful chemicals. I know taking anything into your lungs is harmful but vaping really is the lesser of two evils. And speaking of evils look at these statistics:
Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year
68,557 people died in 2018 of an opioid overdose
in 2017, 39,773 people in the US lost their lives at the point of a gun
In 2016, 10,497 people died in alcohol-impaired driving crashes
30,000 deaths were the result of domestic abuse world wide in 2018.
There are 2,200 alcohol poisoning deaths in the US each year.
so in the last year 631,027 died of unnatural causes, extrapolated over six years that I have been vaping is 3,786,162 deaths
1978 to 1995 a total of 37 Americans were killed by falling vending machines
There have been six confirmed deaths connected to vaping across the US
of these two were from lithium batteries exploding and not the vaping itself
and two were from people experimenting by adding dangerous chemicals to their e-cigarettes.
So in reality only two people died due to vaping.
and you pick vaping as a just cause. Really? where are your values and priorities?
more people die each year from choking or acts of stupidity than vaping.
Of all these causes you could get behind why are you picking the least dangerous and offensive one? I think it's time people learned to pick their battles.
so, 480,000 deaths by cigarettes and why doesn't the government care? Here's why, because for every smoker that dies a new smoker starts. And tobacco is such a cash cow the government doesn't want it to disappear. In Canada the average taxes on a carton of cigarettes is 65%, in the US the taxes are around 45%. That's a lot of free cash. But, if people switch to vaping there are no taxes associated with it. There are no health concerns, it is purely greed.
Here is the thing about statistics: you can make up anything you want or manipulate the facts to get your point of view across. Why? Because they can't be verified. So all the government does is use scare tactics and people are gullible enough to believe it. They have no scientific proof to back up their claims, it is all BS.
Vaping is a much safer alternative to smoking, so why don't they shut down the tobacco industry? MONEY!! MONEY!! MONEY!!
The government and the tobacco industry are in cahoots.
I will defend vaping over cigarettes forever.

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Cigarettes which are known to cause cancer will still be widely available...they left that off.
Yep that’s what enrages me. I can’t believe the double standard. Big tobacco is lining all these senators and congressmen and women with money. That’s all it is about. They do not care about any young kid vaping before the age of 18!!!!. I do not trust a word they say about caring for anyone but themselves. I am so .......

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Oh for the love of God vaping is not just for the people who vote liberal. There's vapors who register as NP me, and there's vapors that are dems, and there's vapors whom are rep. The blame belongs to BIG PHARMA! BIG TOBACCO! and all the liars in Senate and the congressmen and women of any party. They are corporate whores who are having all their deep pockets stuffed with money. We know for a fact they do not care about and kids getting a hold of ejuice. That's their decoy is the kids. The lobbyists represent the people that want certain bills to pass and that one of them is a ban on vaping. A ban on sweet flavored juice. So they cater to those parents or citizens because they want the votes to stay in there politics, dirty nasty lying politics. or in their position as a senator gov or cong. along with pres. Nevermind the reports of people who finally were able to stop smoking and can breath again, sing, and they have an appeitite again, their breath doesn't smell or their clothes and car, and their doctors tell them I'd rather you vape to quit cigs and eventually quit vaping. Your lungs are clearer since the last time you were here. ALL these things that they all have knowledge of k. C'mon

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
Why is it that this mysterious illness has only surfaced in the last few months when people have been vaping since it was invented? Why is it that the U.S. is the only country in the world where this is happening? Other countries like the U.K. are specifically commenting that this is only occurring in the U.S. right now. How is it possible that people (including teens and young adults) have been vaping since it was invented but this illness is only occurring in less than 0.0005% of all vapers in the U.S. and many have no symptoms or lung damage whatsoever? I have to say, this whole thing looks staged. Is it not possible that the tobacco industry or some other organization who stands to profit would not introduce contaminates on purpose on the underhand market?

Last edited:

Debbie Lee

ECF Veteran
Aug 13, 2009
Burbank Ca.
2 out of the 3 shops that I visit in my area say they'll stay open until the SS physically appear and force them to shut down. I don't know about the third.
Governor Negan DGAF about American citizens & families or harm reduction.
It's always about the money. This time it's #MSAbloodmoney

Gov Baker last night
https%3A%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Ferikkain%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F10%2FTWD_701_GP_0504_0183-RT1-1200x800.jpg
lol love the pic are you a WD fan ? I am love it and can't wait for season 10

DreadSpawn

Aug 11, 2019
They are bat.... crazy if they think they're going to stop people from vaping if they want to do it. Definitely not mine. I haven't heard anyone boasting that vaping is 100% safe but there have been numerous scientific studies that show it is around 95% safer than cigarettes. For me I smoked for 25+ years and completely quit smoking on the same day that I bought my vape with Fruit "FLAVORED" E-liquids and it has helped my breathing and all around health. As far as I'm concerned the Gov has no right to tell us to quit vaping and go back to smoking cigarettes which is exactly what will happen. Vaping is already regulated and illegal to sell to anyone underage the same as it is for Cigarettes and Alcohol. I believe the Death count that they are blaming on vaping is now at 15. Now I know that is 15 too many but it's not because of vaping or flavors. It's due to people using black market THC products. And those 15 deaths can't be the real reason for them to start banning vaping when you look at other products. I found some stats from the CDC and WHO to prove it:
No Ban on ALCOHOL:
“Alcoholism is the third leading lifestyle-related cause of death in the United States, coming after tobacco. A person who succumbs to excessive alcohol use loses a potential of 30 years of potential life, and as many as 40 percent of all the hospital beds across the country are used to treat health conditions that develop from alcoholism."
"Excessive alcohol use led to approximately 88,000 deaths and 2.5 million years of potential life lost (YPLL) each year in the United States from 2006 – 2010, shortening the lives of those who died by an average of 30 years."
No Ban on CARS :
"Every day, 29 people in the United States die in motor vehicle crashes that involve an alcohol-impaired driver. This is one death every 50 minutes. The annual cost of alcohol-related crashes totals more than $44 billion."
No Ban on TOBACCO:
"Smoking kills more people than alcohol, AIDS, car accidents, illegal drugs, murders, and suicides combined, with thousands more dying from spit tobacco use."
"Cigarette smoking is responsible for more than 480,000 deaths per year in the United States, including more than 41,000 deaths resulting from secondhand smoke exposure. This is about one in five deaths annually, or 1,300 deaths every day."
This shows just how backassward our government is. Millions dying from tobacco and alcohol but they want to ban a product that helps save millions from tobacco related health problems or death because 15 deaths due to using illegal black market products in a legal device.

That is complete bull..... The citizens of Massachusetts need to make a stand and oppose the tyranical ways of your State Reps.
They hold no oath and represent nothing but money and corporate greed. Organize, assemble and march to your State capital immediately to fight for your rights that are being stepped on by your criminal state politicians.
Be strong and determined. They have no right to do this to the people of Massachusetts

Blitzdonlife

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2012
Central Texas
Why is it that this mysterious illness has only surfaced in the last few months when people have been vaping since it was invented? Why is it that the U.S. is the only country in the world where this is happening? Other countries like the U.K. are specifically commenting that this is only occurring in the U.S. right now. How is it possible that people (including teens and young adults) have been vaping since it was invented but this illness is only occurring in less than 0.0005% of all vapers in the U.S. and many have no symptoms or lung damage whatsoever? I have to say, this whole thing looks staged. Is it not possible that the tobacco industry or some other organization who stands to profit would not introduce contaminates on purpose on the underhand market?
Yes it is U.S.A. centered. In order to maintain the fallacy, and provide it some credence, I see cases presenting themselves in other western world cultures soon. If this crisis is manufactured, as many of us believe it to be, the next 'crisis update' will be in Canada, shortly followed by the UK. Then critical news reporting focusing on a US conspiracy will come out. This looks like a formula I've seen used before to great effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread