Mech mod not firing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
image.jpeg So I bought this used Apollo mech mod. I just got done cleaning it with a soft bristle toothbrush getting all the connections and threats just useing some soap and water. I then poped on my rda with a 6 wrap 26 gauge single coil, and my efest 1600mah battery and I was hardly getting any vape and the battery was literally burning my finger after like 3 seconds. Plus I'm the bottom of my efest battery there is a burn mark where the pin from my magnetic button hits the battery. I also notice that the button kinda moves abit and when I'm pressing it, depending on where my finger is and how hard I push is how much Vape I get. I have to push really hard to get some Vape production but then the button burns my finger. What do I do??

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    997.9 KB · Views: 128

Dextrose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
personaly i would ditch the batt and get your self a sony vtc4 or samsung 25r's that batterie might not have what it takes for that build, and will heat up and possibly go into thermal runaway, not good for you, also make sure the pos pin on the atty is making good contact with the centre pin on the mech, if the pos pin on the atty doesnt stick out enough and the sides touch it will short out.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
quit using it... its shorting out

recheck your connect points, check the ohms on the atty, be sure the 510 + connector is extended enuf beyound the negative threaded part of the atty and get a better battery... consider something like a VTC4 or better
Hmm, what do you mean exactly by "be sure the 510 + connector is extended enuf beyond the negative threaded part of the addy" I have a little ring thing that is threaded in near the top of the mech tube. And then the addy just screws into that and that connects to the battery. My atty does have a pin that I have extended out pretty far. But as I said about the button it's kinda messed up and moves around abit when I press it and all that. Could that be a factor to why it is shorting? And the shorting it what is causing the burning and hot button?
P.S. I'm hoping to buy a Samsung 25r 35amp battery soon.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
personaly i would ditch the batt and get your self a sony vtc4 or samsung 25r's that batterie might not have what it takes for that build, and will heat up and possibly go into thermal runaway, not good for you, also make sure the pos pin on the atty is making good contact with the centre pin on the mech, if the pos pin on the atty doesnt stick out enough and the sides touch it will short out.
My mech my mech doesn't seem to have a center pin just this little disk like thing that is threaded into the top on the mech tube. The pin on my RDA just touches the top of the battery. I would take a pic but every pic I take is apparently to big to upload.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
hmm okay its a hybrid... probably having issues with the atty +pin not being long enuf, the top of the battery is flexible and when pressure is applied to the bottom switch it pushes the battery upwards and the top of the battery flexes just enuf to allow the negative portion of the atty to come in direct contact with the battery + cap thus creating a direct short which makes the button become hot... do not use that atty with the Apollo.. get an atty that has an extended + pin

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
the copper bit in the middle is the pos, that should stick out past the silver bit around it the neg thread View attachment 512998 View attachment 512999
Hmm ok I see what you guys are getting at. But the guy I bought it off gave me a tugboat RDA with it he was useing with it and it worked for him. And I have 2 RDAs. The infinite bullet and the velocity with an adjustable pin, I extended it as far as it can go and I can see down with a light in my mech mods tube that the copper part is passing the silver on the RDA and definatnly passing the little disk thing at the top of the mech tube. I don't get it lol. It does fire. Just not strong or anything. If the pins where not connecting it wouldn't be firing at all.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
what ohm is the coil your using?
I'm not exactly sure but it's about 7 wraps of 26 gauge around a 2.4mm drill bit so I'm assuming it's around 0.4 0.5 I'm not to sure I don't have a way to test it. I'm just building the coils I used to build on my box mod and remembering what ohms those coils used to be. I've also tried 7 wraps of 22gauge around 2.4mm and 9 wraps. But all did this same thing the 22 gauge barley even heated up lol.

Bilonix

Dec 22, 2014
Victoria BC
i personaly wouldnt use that batt, as mentiond befor get a sony vtc4 or samsung, you could also try using a nipple top.
Ok well hopefully getting the Samsung 25r is. Going to fix this and I'll get a nice strong Vape. If not I'll be back here I guess. I hope the button doesn't still get hot.... I don't know why it did that in the first place all my connections are clean and my pin on my addy is very long for an extendable one like in my velocity. Mech might have beaten my level of Intel lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread