Mech tube question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
There are mechs where the button pushes the battery against the 510 to make contact.
If you release the button, gravity will make the button fall back in the "off" position. It works, but a Ford Model T works as well...

The lack of a 510-pin has advantages and drawbacks:
+ better connectivity
+ better performance
+ Mech is quite a bit shorter

- atty needs a protruding 510 center pin
Ok. Technically speaking that's just one drawback, but it can't be stressed enough, because if you're stupid enough to screw on an atty with a flush or recessed 510 center pin, you're toast because of the hard short.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I saw a mech tube mod and it was saying it has a floating fire button....what that means? Also this mod didn't had 510 to screw it on just a hole and the atomizer makes contact to the battery....is that very bad thing?

The floating fire button is a safety feature which if designed well will prevent any accidental misfiring of the mod when your mod is standing upright on a table.

The lack of a 510 on the mod means its a hybrid, or a direct connection. This means you have to be uber careful on the design on whatever RTA/RDA you use with the mod.

If you remember all the associated deaths in vaping of people's mods blowing up in their faces, well it was exactly this style of connection... therefore if you buy it you have to be careful to know your using the correct RTA/RDA.

The center pin of the RDA/RTA has to be a protruding pin or you will hard short your mod and it will become a pipe bomb.

What brand and model mech is this that your looking at?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
There are mechs where the button pushes the battery against the 510 to make contact.
If you release the button, gravity will make the button fall back in the "off" position. It works, but a Ford Model T works as well...

The lack of a 510-pin has advantages and drawbacks:
+ better connectivity
+ better performance
+ Mech is quite a bit shorter

Ok. Technically speaking that's just one drawback, but it can't be stressed enough, because if you're stupid enough to screw on an atty with a flush or recessed 510 center pin, you're toast because of the hard short.

So the floating fire button is the one that sits with gravity and when u press it it pushes the battery to make contact...right? This is like the most basic and cheap power button isn't it??? Lol does it have a spring or it fires when u turn the tube upside down? :p

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
So the floating fire button is the one that sits with gravity and when u press it it pushes the battery to make contact...right? This is like the most basic and cheap power button isn't it??? Lol does it have a spring or it fires when u turn the tube upside down? :p

No, it recesses with gravity or it should, and decline from making any actual connection just from gravity. In other words, for there to be a connection it takes a person pushing the button, gravity alone won't do it.

• Useful
Reactions: Superuser187

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
The floating fire button is a safety feature which if designed well will prevent any accidental misfiring of the mod when your mod is standing upright on a table.

The lack of a 510 on the mod means its a hybrid, or a direct connection. This means you have to be uber careful on the design on whatever RTA/RDA you use with the mod.

If you remember all the associated deaths in vaping of people's mods blowing up in their faces, well it was exactly this style of connection... therefore if you buy it you have to be careful to know your using the correct RTA/RDA.

The center pin of the RDA/RTA has to be a protruding pin or you will hard short your mod and it will become a pipe bomb.

What brand and model mech is this that your looking at?

It is called a 4nine clone tube and I am not into mechs but this is very cheap and in a local vape shop and I was thinking to get it just to have a mech mod...
I am very well informed of what I have to do in order to not blow up my face and and about the protruding pin on the atty and all that and ohms and everything....
It's just that this floating button it's something I couldnt understand..
And the fact that doesn't have 510 and just screws straight on the tube didn't seem bad idea to me but I am not experienced and I was wondering maybe i didn't thought of something lol u know like u know.....better be careful and safe than sorry :p
Tyvm

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
It is called a 4nine clone tube and I am not into mechs but this is very cheap and in a local vape shop and I was thinking to get it just to have a mech mod...
I am very well informed of what I have to do in order to not blow up my face and and about the protruding pin on the atty and all that and ohms and everything....
It's just that this floating button it's something I couldnt understand..
And the fact that doesn't have 510 and just screws straight on the tube didn't seem bad idea to me but I am not experienced and I was wondering maybe i didn't thought of something lol u know like u know.....better be careful and safe than sorry :p
Tyvm

Mechanical mods have the fire button at the base of the mod, therefore standing on a table, they are standing up on the fire button. A floating fire button allows that action to occur and not fire the mod accidentally.

Me personally? I wouldn't buy a hybrid even though I'm fine using mechs... but thats me.

• Agree
Reactions: YoursTruli

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Mechanical mods have the fire button at the base of the mod, therefore standing on a table, they are standing up on the fire button. A floating fire button allows that action to occur and not fire the mod accidentally.

Me personally? I wouldn't buy a hybrid even though I'm fine using mechs... but thats me.

And what means hybrid? That has no 510 adapter?

Superuser187

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2020
Athens
Tyvm peeps...my mind is clear now...
I also saw on you tube to see how it works and seems it uses magnets on button to stay away from battery.....it's also very old but I am gonna get it just to have one mech to use at home for mtl cause I want to see how it feels to use it and vape a stick lol..
I am not into mechs anyways and others are very expensive to try and see how it is

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Tyvm peeps...my mind is clear now...
    I also saw on you tube to see how it works and seems it uses magnets on button to stay away from battery.....it's also very old but I am gonna get it just to have one mech to use at home for mtl cause I want to see how it feels to use it and vape a stick lol..
    I am not into mechs anyways and others are very expensive to try and see how it is
    Be sure it has vent holes. If not drill some into the tube.
    One reason I like mech squonkers...plenty of ventilation.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Be sure it has vent holes. If not drill some into the tube.
    One reason I like mech squonkers...plenty of ventilation.

I will drill for sure cause I think it hasn't from the pics I have seen lol scary even tho I am planning to be very careful so I wont let a chance of anything go wrong..... I will do whatever it takes hahaha

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread