• Either / Don't have a preference

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tmbrown327

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
RI
Quitter, I don't remember if you said you tried other attys. Also, are you in an unusually hot/dry/wet environment? I still don't get why you're having this problem with the 801. I've tried a bunch of different 801 attys and they all perform pretty well, with no leaking, unless I overstuff one with juice. I only put in enough to last for about a half hour of steady vaping at one time, about 10 drops.

Quitter

ECF Veteran
Jun 26, 2009
Cleveland, OH
Yeah, I've tried the Rocky Mountain Vapor 801 (high bridge) and it actually wicked a bit better (especially on the Blue Foam) but I gotta say that the 510 is still the most trouble free system between the two. Seems like everything I've tried with 510's works. That's why I'm so frustrated.

I live in the polar opposite of hot dry environment. I live in Cleveland, Ohio. Great place to live but by no means hot or dry!
Alot of people really like the 801 and I've really taken every piece of advice offered and don't feel the satisfaction. Truthfully the best results on the 801 is dripping in the JS and tailpiping it. Even then, I'm not a drip fan. So I guess I'll just throw in the towel and wait for the 510 adapter for the JS. Then all my PV's will be 510 based.

I do have to extend thanks to all the folks who've been patient with tme and offered advice. I took all of it and gave it earnest effort!

nubee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 24, 2009
IL, USA
Hee hee...I figured this thread could go "off" the beaten path but wanted a poll that got a fair amount of hits.

My real "sneaky" reason for the question was that I wondered if some of the JS switch failures had to do with how the button was being pressed - finger tip or flat thumb.

Given the way in which a bubble switch (my term) works, I thought it may fail if there was off center pressure on it over time.

I also noticed I can heat my stick up a fair amount and thought that might be softening the gum/glue that holds the switch in place as well as centers the main contact. So, having that heat rise towards or away from the switch plate might make a difference.

Regardless, still enjoy the chuckles :)

I just got my 901 adapter and a 901 atty from Eastmall. The atty took a few hours to break in and I am really impressed with it so far! I've been dripping, but soon I'll make a PTB mod for the cart. I've been vaping Red Bull and Polar Mint (my two favorite) and the flavor is coming in a lot better than the stock 801 attys. I think I may have to start stocking up on 901s!

Also, I purchased a 801 to 510 adapter from Altsmoke.com and to my pleasant surprise, it works with the Janty Stick! Make sure the 510 atty is screwed tightly into the adapter and then slowly screw it into the Janty Stick. Do not screw the adapter in too tightly, or else you risk it getting stuck inside the JS.

I hope this news helps some people on the fence about the Janty Stick. You can use 901 and 510 adapters and they work great!

Mik_Janty

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 23, 2009
Denmark
Hey guys,

So while waiting for the customs to clear my prototype package so i can do a video review for you, i decided to reveal our newest product, which should be hitting the stores around 2092.

Features:

Designed to keep people at a distance.

Voltage: 7.4, 6v, 5.3, and 4.5 selectable.

MaH: 1600

Caution:

This device is not to be used in airports, or around nervous anti-terrorist squads.

:D

img0317.jpg

Last edited:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Awe... A ...... Brings me back to my youth... My dealer went to Florida to be closer to his dealer, now I have no dealer.. Goddess I miss those days... I went so far as to buy an analog Hookah to feel youthful again.... So doing 2 or 3 hookahs a day with using the e-juice, it helps get my nic hits (even though I get a buzz of using both that's pretty strong) I'm having a great time except when I fall on the floor *LOL*

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
... the only device in the world running 7.4 volt, 6 volt, 5.3, and 4.5 ...
Okay, this would be immediate purchase for me. The look doesn't matter to me if it works well. And if it works with 510 atomizer.

My high-voltage PV just broke and I am temporarily back to low-voltage vaping. I was able to lower my nicotine intake over the last few months because high-voltage vape gives me the throat hit I need even with low nicotine liquid. Now I had to go back to high-level nicotine. What a nightmare.

Last edited:

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
Okay, this would be immediate purchase for me. The look doesn't matter to me if it works well. And if it works with 510 atomizer.

My high-voltage PV just broke and I am temporarily back to low-voltage vaping. I was able to lower my nicotine intake over the last few months because high-voltage vape gives me the throat hit I need even with low nicotine liquid. Now I had to go back to high-level nicotine. What a nightmare.

Ouchies..... I gave up on trying to lower my nic level... I can't even figure out all the ways to cut when mixing myself at this point..

Get this:

I went onto lightinthebox.com and bought 15 menthol 18ml bottles since I enjoy the flavors but have smoked menthol lights all these years, so I insist on having menrthol ,and all the companies I've tried don't have enough menthol taste, so I always have to add the menthol crystals too *LOL*... Actually this juice has a strong menthol taste to it and it's cheap, so I don't need to add any crytals.. Cool!!

Anyway, I remembered that to mix flavors you need higher mg's of juice so I have to add what I thought was a tiny bit of my extra 36mg to it...

Now here's the thing.. 18mg juice straight doesn't give me enough nicotine, yet if I cut the 36 in half that's suposed to be 18mg and I get such a headache I must be getting an over-dose...

Something is telling me that the companies are somehow not getting the true nic level...

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
did you cut in half with 0 nic PG/VG or did you mix with your 18mg mentos liquid ?

10ml 18mg + 10ml 36mg = 20ml 27mg

if my math is correct, sure that could led to a bad headache ;)

Hi Kelemvor,

When I do the 18 it was straight (nothing added) and I feel like I don't get enough nic.. But if I used the 36, I used 1/2 of the 36 with 1/2 of 0 VG and flavoring.. So that would make it 18.. Right???

If 18 straight wasn't enough, then why did I feel like I was over-dosed using 1/2 of 36 with 0 VG and flavoring since that would make 18??

This is why I'm not really sure the numbers are correct, and not all places you get the juice you are getting what they say you are.. It's like when I got my Janty Stick, there were carts filled with 24 Runyan #4 and that was perfect as far as nic that came with it...

I'm so confused... Then when I cut the 36 with 0 VG and flavoring, I subtracted the VG to add the flavor, so from what I figured, I was still getting 18 with using flavoring... Then I thought that 18 isn't enough, so I would add flavoring and 0 VG with like 3 drops at the most of 36 thinking that it would be higher just a tad and then as I go to it, I will just have to keep on going drop by drop since it seems like 24 is right for me, but working with 0 VG, alot of bottles of 18, and some 36 left until I get more, I've befuddled my brain trying to use all of this the right way for me..

***Smashes skull on table and gets impressions on her nose from the pen sitting in front of her...***

Kelemvor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2009
Germany NRW
well, maybe the error lies in the different size of drops. i don't really trusted those droppers. and they vary in the amount of liquid per drop.

i have one bottle that fills a 510 cart with 8 drops, and another with 12 drops.
its the same amount of liquid inside the cart.

if you use different droppers, the mixture will never be correct.

AngeLsLuv

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2009
Lake Ariel, PA.
well, maybe the error lies in the different size of drops. i don't really trusted those droppers. and they vary in the amount of liquid per drop.

i have one bottle that fills a 510 cart with 8 drops, and another with 12 drops.
its the same amount of liquid inside the cart.

if you use different droppers, the mixture will never be correct.

Hi Kelemvor,

I really got to give it to you, you do know your stuff :thumb:

I had read ages ago about how drops are differant sizes all the time on this forum, which drove me a bit insane.. I can understand a size differance in like one of those plastic wide-holed droppers compared to a plastic or glass (when you can find them) dropper, but that's about it...

I thought that I was pretty much not going into that mess when mixing since I used the bottles the juice came in to use as droppers, and had taken the VG and all the flavorings I bought and put them in the empty dropper bottles from used juice (cleaned out and soaked before using).. This way, I thought I had eliminated the idea to a great extent the idea of any major dropper size mis-judgement...

i think it's a bit silly that all these bottles actually are differant.. Now I imagine that all the manufacturers are using differant sized holes in their bottles like your dropper situation with one bottle being 8 and the other being 12..

This still goes back to what I wondered earlier.. If their drops are differant, then we would be probably getting differant stregnths instead of all companys giving us a true reading as far as 18, 36 and all mg's if they don't have the same standards and same exact size of drops...

I'm really happy that my insulin pump drops the same amount of insulin drops and the same size drop per/hour, and when I have to give myself extra insulin, the pump drops that same size drop with each set-up of the infusion kits, or I'd be really screwed *LOL*

Sar

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
New York, NY
AngeLsLuv, I use a syringe to mix juice to avoid problems with drops of different sizes. Your pharmacist should be able to get you one with a thick needle for very cheap. I only mix my eliquid with PG, so there is not much that can go wrong. Instead of drops, I work with "parts", for example 3 parts of 24 mg nicotine eliquid and 1 part of PG gives me the nicotine level I want, etc. When I am ready to move down to 12 mg I'll need to add some additional flavoring.

For now I am back to 24 mg -- I think when I started vaping I was on 36 mg nicotine eliquid but I could be wrong because nobody seems to sell such liquid. Every 3 or so months I would gradually lower the nic and that worked really well. My goal was to go to zero nicotine within 2 years. Not that I have anything against nicotine -- it was only to prepare for the ban.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread