Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobDaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Jackson, Michigan
jacobselectronics.net
More than likely they were related. Nowadays thieves will steal a car just for the home info on the GPS system and the garage door opener.

Yes, what sucks is the only thing they stole from the house was a 9mm glock with 50 rounds, that could be used in future crimes.
The police never recovered the gun, but did catch the thieves, not sure if they were acquainted or not.

CafeDigitalDiva

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Northeast AL USA
I was going into a store one day, and looked down and saw how exposed my Zmax v5 w/hypertank looked in my cup holder thingy. It looked all shiny and sparkly. I quickly took it out of the car and brought it into the store with me. lol

So sorry this happened to you. It's a sad state of affairs, the world we live in today. Whatever happened to: "If it ain't yours, leave it the hell alone?"

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Damn that sucks! Sorry for your loss. I have had enough stuff stolen in the past to make me extra paranoid/careful about everything now. NEVER leave something that looks like its worth anything visible in your car and ALWAYS lock it if you leave. My room mate last year got their car broken into and the only thing that was stolen was an iPod charging cable. I assume the thief thought there might have been a phone or iPod somewhere in the car just because of that. Sunglasses, even a couple of quarters or a crappy jacket... just be careful. These kids I knew back in the day used to like to steal packages off of people's front door during the holidays. People are just dicks.

JacobDaniel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Jackson, Michigan
jacobselectronics.net
It's against the law to leave a car idling empty for any reason, for any length of time here in Ohio. Same with leaving keys inside the ignition, even if the car's engine is off. If a cop catches you they can write you a ticket.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I can see why. I was almost hit by a truck parked at a gas station. It went into gear, would have hit me if I ha-dent moved, jumped the curb and hit a tree, good thing for the tree it stopped the truck from hitting a house.

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
I was told by a cop to not keep my registration and insurance in the car, to carry it with me, or leave it at home, he said the $40 fine (if they fine me, he said as long as you show it later he'll let it slide) is nothing compared to what they'll do to you if they get hold of that - they clone them for stolen cars and such.

I won't go into the 9 times my car was broken into.

tA71ana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2012
Round N Round the Mulberry Bush
Sorry about the loss of your stuff :( They probably don't even know what it is or what it is used for.
I'll never forget the time back in the late 60's myself, my younger brother and my Mother were going to Chicago to visit some relatives.
She had a near brand new Mustang.
We came out to get in the car and I could hear her in a near - scream.
Somebody had come along in the middle of the night and (I swear to god) had stolen the ENTIRE back seat out of the car AND locked the door behind them.
I couldn't freaking believe it.
I'll never forget that as long as I live - more for my Mother's reaction than anything else.

So yes, people will steal ANYTHING, even if they might not know what it is (your bag of gear)

Jenn Perry

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I know what you are going through...except you don't know who took it I do. Had a smok sid in hot pink a "friend" was lookin at it and loved it....next thing I knew it was gone. I am so angry hubby was laid off and I am in chemo so I can't get a new one for I have no clue. I am so angry and the police won't do jack here about it.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Had all my clothes stolen from the laundry mat in my building ... twice ... even the underwear.

I learned not to leave my laundry to the last minute where I am washing it all in several machines.

Like vape gear ... always have backups ... shopping in your PJs gets some weird looks :blink:

Sorry for your misfortune OP.

Cheers and Merry Christmas :party:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
that totally sucks!!!! I'm surprised they didn't take the CAR if you left it idling,,,,,,,,,you're lucky,,,,,the deductible is probably more than the vape stuff would have cost,,,,,,and if they took the car, you'd be missing BOTH the car AND the vape stuff,,,,,,

I guess we all live and learn,,,,sigh. but right at Christmas TOTALLY SUCKS,,,,,,you kinda expect the milk of human kindness at the holidays. sigh.

venemous

ECF Veteran
Aug 27, 2013
Pinellas Park, FL
Well, positive note. Stopped at a local vape shop for some juice and one of the employees gave me an ego twist to use until I get back on my feet. Then, realized that I didn't have the stuff to rebuild my protank coil anymore so stopped at another shop on the way home to buy a few replacements or some wire. Was chatting to a customer while we were waiting and he sold me his MVP2 for next to nothing and the shop owner gave me a UDCT tank and a few cartos. So, the moral of the story is: lock the damn car, some people suck and other people are awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread