ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
hi guys & gals

h
apa4o2.jpg

just posting some fugly designs for motivation lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like those Hana's! I scored one of those $5 DOA Hana boxes from elev8 a few days ago and just today I was wondering if I could mill it out for a lipo and a 200 board.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Just waiting for my new credit card and I'm gonna be ordering up the BRD 1300 from Shapeways, so I'm glad to hear it's darn near perfect now! I'm not very handy, so the less alterations the better. :lol:

Figures when I was getting ready to order, I got a fraud (frog?) protection call from the credit card company. No harm done, just made me have to wait for a new card.

That happen to me a couple weeks ago with my debit card, some website name of wmvmatch . com (there is no such website) made two charges, $39 and $51, the bank caught it and called me right away. They canceled the charges and the card, I had to wait ten days for a new card. That sucked, I rarely carry much cash, I use my debit card for everything, even a cup of coffee. What worries me is where did I use it that someone stole the info from.....

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
That happen to me a couple weeks ago with my debit card, some website name of wmvmatch . com (there is no such website) made two charges, $39 and $51, the bank caught it and called me right away. They canceled the charges and the card, I had to wait ten days for a new card. That sucked, I rarely carry much cash, I use my debit card for everything, even a cup of coffee. What worries me is where did I use it that someone stole the info from.....
Weird. I had the same issue last week with a Discover card. They sent me a new card overnight.

It's been only a day with the new DNA200 and while it vapes pretty much the same as my DNA40's. it's pretty amazing when you connect it to your computer. I tried not to connect it too much because I wanted to check the battery life in actual use. I've been using it all day and with a 1300mah lipo, I'm at 67%. I used it connected to the computer for only a few mins so less than 3% charged during that time. Last night, it was going down pretty fast until I found that the battery capacity was at default (forgot to upload the changes to the mod). Once that was fixed, I was more impressed with battery life. I charged it to full this morning and started vaping around 10a. I've gone thru about 6ml of juice on a Lemo 2 with a .11Ω coil at 20w, 440°F, 60w preheat for 1 sec. The device Monitor shows that once up to temp in less than a second, I'm steady at around 10w output.

I'm so blown away by the DNA200 now, I'm definitely ordering the Hana v200 tomorrow morning. Then the VS DNA200 next month when it's announced.

SlickWilly

Tinkerer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
NY
Weird. I had the same issue last week with a Discover card. They sent me a new card overnight.

It's been only a day with the new DNA200 and while it vapes pretty much the same as my DNA40's. it's pretty amazing when you connect it to your computer. I tried not to connect it too much because I wanted to check the battery life in actual use. I've been using it all day and with a 1300mah lipo, I'm at 67%. I used it connected to the computer for only a few mins so less than 3% charged during that time. Last night, it was going down pretty fast until I found that the battery capacity was at default (forgot to upload the changes to the mod). Once that was fixed, I was more impressed with battery life. I charged it to full this morning and started vaping around 10a. I've gone thru about 6ml of juice on a Lemo 2 with a .11Ω coil at 20w, 440°F, 60w preheat for 1 sec. The Device Monitor shows that once up to temp in less than a second, I'm steady at around 10w output.

I'm so blown away by the DNA200 now, I'm definitely ordering the Hana v200 tomorrow morning. Then the VS DNA200 next month when it's announced.

Did you find them in stock? All sold out here V200 : DNA Box Mods, by HANA MODZ

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ
Did you find them in stock? All sold out here V200 : DNA Box Mods, by HANA MODZ
The just put the pics up maybe an hour ago. They had the pages for the V200 up for a couple of days now. They sent me an email:

HANA MODZ V200 The new DNA 200 watt with temperature protection. Limited quantity of the Pre-Production model will be available to order tomorrow July 24th at 10am cst on our website: www.hanamodz.com

Reactions: SlickWilly

Kaana

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 3, 2015
Bosphorus
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I like those Hana's! I scored one of those $5 DOA Hana boxes from elev8 a few days ago and just today I was wondering if I could mill it out for a lipo and a 200 board.

It was about cloning the design of Evolv, they could have hired somebody and created something unique,
not the general Hana Mods designs. I'm using V3 too.

Reactions: SlickWilly

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
As KTMRider pointed out, the buttons on my enclosures/sleds somehow grew the "fat" end by 1mm from the working prototype to final. If you have one, be prepared to sand the backside of the buttons down 1mm. All models have been corrected and all sites have stand alone correct buttons if you are in the mood to do it that way. Things that make you go "huh?".

My first print came in today. For the most part it is excellent, but my buttons also are a bit too big and need the backside ground down about .5mm. They are spec'd to be flush, but print variance is inevitable. I will be starting this build tonight; the good news is that my new screen clamp design works perfectly.

I apologize for the pic quality...I only had my phone handy. The white dots are where I cut the support posts for the back/screen mounts/buttons. I went ahead and printed both of my screen mount designs (screw on and pressure mount). Now that I've verified the pressure mount design, I'll be removing the screw mount option for future prints). The Hyperion 900mAh G6 fits perfectly, but the XT60 connector is just too big for this design...I'll be switching it out for an XT30 as well. Overall I am pleased...this thing is solid!

20150723_200801.jpg
20150723_204112.jpg

20150723_204425.jpg

20150723_204159.jpg
20150723_204215.jpg

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
hey mike, stupid question but maybe you would be the one to ask here... I still have a bunch of dna40's that are bad from the very first batch, ones with the silver pads instead of the gold... do you think evolve would still exchange these? I think I'm still within the one year warranty just been so lazy to return them and I still got enough dna40's to last me another 5 years of modding, but still... evolve should be ok with this still, no?
Pm sent ...

Cotay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2014
Central Coast California
I didn't get as far along as I'd hoped, but I at least was able to test fit the board and screen (the new pressure mount is spot on!) and solder the balance connector and the battery wires to an XT30. I also got the 510 tapped and its fit is also perfect. I also realized that 12ga silicone output wire is just too darn thick for the box size and caused fitment issues. I think I'll shoot for 14ga, or maybe even 16ga (Evolv's stated minimum)...I just wonder if 16ga can deal with the full output? Here is a pic of it powered up via USB next to an SX Mini S-Class for size comparison:

20150724_023241.jpg

Steamer861

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Canada
Good Morning everyone nice to see so many of Us here at the Mike& Tibs thread :)
My prints showed up yesterday while I was at work. The post man left a card and there is a 20 dollar charge expected at the post office upon pick up :( First time ever from SW. Usually it's just dropped off at the door.
So I guess there is going to be tax's/import charges even when using usps now.
Just can't catch a break I got free shipping on this order and now it will end up costing the same ,with the Tax/import charge :)
good news is there here just have to drop by the post office after work :)

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
My first print came in today. For the most part it is excellent, but my buttons also are a bit too big and need the backside ground down about .5mm. They are spec'd to be flush, but print variance is inevitable. I will be starting this build tonight; the good news is that my new screen clamp design works perfectly.

I apologize for the pic quality...I only had my phone handy. The white dots are where I cut the support posts for the back/screen mounts/buttons. I went ahead and printed both of my screen mount designs (screw on and pressure mount). Now that I've verified the pressure mount design, I'll be removing the screw mount option for future prints). The Hyperion 900mAh G6 fits perfectly, but the XT60 connector is just too big for this design...I'll be switching it out for an XT30 as well. Overall I am pleased...this thing is solid!

20150723_200801.jpg
20150723_204112.jpg

20150723_204425.jpg

20150723_204159.jpg
20150723_204215.jpg

Most excellent. Do you plan to put an STL up? Sculpteo is dirt cheap right now if you chose economy printing and they light on work (I think) so it still prints and ships in a few days. I would grab one to test. I see you found a good use for your cigar trays...I had a bunch of them (from Mike) that was in my coolerdoor.

Reactions: X-Puppy

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA
When I got home I found Dad had pulled all the wires from the walls and was starting to re-run them making sure the wires ran perfectly straight, nice rounded bends and absolutely flat!

And one day you or another home owner may have to pull out a wire or use it is a pull line for a new wire and some telecommunications cable and they will thank you as they might get by without too many holes in the drywall. On my last kitchen remodel I had to remove most of the drywall as half the wires were run so twisted and crazy that I simply could not pull them out without exposing almost every stud. What a PITA it was.

Last edited:

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.
When I do house wiring, I use a chalk line and line level, always two feet off the floor...just in case...for outlets and five feet off the floor for any switch wires that have to run horizontally. I learned house wiring from an "old school" electrician. All wire is flat and no twists allowed. All bends are right angle.

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
Most excellent. Do you plan to put an STL up? Sculpteo is dirt cheap right now if you chose economy printing and they light on work (I think) so it still prints and ships in a few days. I would grab one to test. I see you found a good use for your cigar trays...I had a bunch of them (from Mike) that was in my coolerdoor.
Ahhh yes, the old Coolerdor, with the automated humidity controller. The thing worked great! Now you got my mouth watering.......

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
OK, the whole question came up on "Venting" the Reference/Beta enclosure.

First, keep in mind that there are at least 5 different levels of safety built into the board to prevent a dead short to the battery.

My opinion is that If there was a gas event, it would escape around the USB port, buttons, and screen, and if the pressure got high enough it would break the screen. I honestly dont think it would do much good to put vent holes in it, other than it might give folks a "warm fuzzy" to see them. Basically, if you have an explosion inside the Mod, the mod will become a projectile and shoot about 20 feet. Vents would only serve as another "jet".
What are your thoughts?

BlueridgeDog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2014
Rocky Mount, VA, USA

First, keep in mind that there are at least 5 different levels of safety built into the board to prevent a dead short to the battery.

My opinion is that If there was a gas event, it would escape around the USB port, buttons, and screen, and if the pressure got high enough it would break the screen. I honestly dont think it would do much good to put vent holes in it, other than it might give folks a "warm fuzzy" to see them. Basically, if you have an explosion inside the Mod, the mod will become a projectile and shoot about 20 feet. Vents would only serve as another "jet".
What are your thoughts?

Having seen it, it is nowhere near air tight...I would not worry about venting in most any case with buttons and a USB port.

awsum140

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 12, 2012
Sitting down, facing forward.

What are your thoughts?

I use an Invader Mini, essentially air tight, and don't give it a second thought even with all the "horror stories" with IMRs. I won't say it can't become a pipe bomb, but the odds against that happening are pretty high. On the other hand, Murphy always enters into the equation so some low resistance venting ability might be a good idea. Switches and the screen should do the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread