Mini vivi nova, its good and then it wasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
got a new mini vivi from gotvapes today, and about feinted when the mailman showed up at my door. Shipping from texas to NY in 2 days...wow!

So i loaded up my mini vivi with some Unicorn blood from fuzion and clouds billowed forth as if my Vesuvius itself had just erupted. yet the tanks went REALLY fast, i figured it was just a thirsty tank and my excitement over the flavor i overvaped or something. Over the next tank i began to wonder so i watched. I honestly think now that there is a leak. Since the liquid is collecting across the rough part of the bottom of the tank. it looks as if it is leaking at the seam between the rough part and the smooth part underneath.

has anyone else experienced this? have you found a fix, or the cause ? It seems unlikely that i have managed to vape 4ml of juice is 6 hours.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
It seems unlikely that i have managed to vape 4ml of juice is 6 hours.
the nova's will tear through juice, i could just about empty the mini on a 1 hour lunch break. once i moved on my juice consumption dropped.

leaking at the seam between the rough part and the smooth part underneath.

i honestly cant figure out what part this is.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
hmmmm, i pulled mine out of my box to look and i never noticed this before i do not know if it is one piece or not.
but two things to check, is the oring in the bottom inside pinched or missing? and if it is leaking i would think it would keep leaking and be noticeable and there would more juice around the nova and battery.
any chance this is just juice that dripped down the outside when filling?

but in any case though the nova will eat juice. unless you can see a steady flow of juice leaking out its just the way it works.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I think you're referring to the smooth part as the bottom or the plate where the 510 connector is and the diamond etched part as the bottom portion of the tank that the tube screws into. Those two parts are just press fit into each other and there is a silicone gasket that gets compressed and keeps the joint from leaking. I've Never had a mini leak from there or anywhere else for that matter.

I love em when the coil is built right, they vape like a freight train and also go through juice like crazy. I haven't tested the amount they hold but I don't think it's the advertised amount. I can fill one up from a 5ml bottle and it looks like hardly anything was taken from the bottle so that might be part of it, at any rate they do need to be refilled often. If you want more capacity get the regular size, same easy to rebuild head and they hold more.

If you're not seeing juice escape from the tank and it's not flooding. It isn't leaking....enjoy!!!!!!

Last edited:

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I love the Vision Nova Tanks,i have a mini and the 3.5 large,i do find the larger one is rock solid in build over the mini but they vap the same,i did have a small issue with the mini as it seems like it was seeping,not leaking,it was like after 2 hours of vaping with the mini,i was feeling a slight thin film of juice on my hands,someone suggested some teflon plumbers tape on the threads but havnt tried that yet,but over all i think the nova tanks rock.

J.R. Bob Dobbs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
near buffalo, NY
here's a pic, its not coming from the joint where plastic meets metal at the bottom near as i can tell.

2013-01-19_21-05-34_88_zps50cf32da.jpg

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
here's a pic, its not coming from the joint where plastic meets metal at the bottom near as i can tell.

2013-01-19_21-05-34_88_zps50cf32da.jpg

Where is the bottom metal cap?..there are 4 silicon orings total,2 in the top section and 2 in the bottom section.

*Inside the guts of the atty head, there are three things: the wicks and the coil are the first two (obviously), and this doughnut/sleeve of fiber cloth-like material around the inside of the post. On my 2.4 ohm head that was giving me problems, the cloth-like material had obvious brown burns on it, and it didn't look like it was doing anything in particular, except possibly causing the source of the burning taste- so I carefully used a new pair of nail scissors to cut it in half, and a pair of tweezers to coax the pieces out between the coil. Be aware that if you mess up and pull on that coil, you may end up breaking or pulling the coil wires, in which case you'll need to replace the coil/wick assembly (which on these is apparently quite easy to do, if you have the materials at hand)......

http://www.ninjavapes.com/2012_09_01_archive.html

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
A lot of people hate on cartomizers because they don't quite know how to properly prime them and keep them primed. But ask any veteran vaper if they prefer clearos to cartomizers and you might be surprised at their reply.

Like I always say, clearos work great... for a while.

It's this "great" period that seduces vapers. It's the week later, when all their equipment fails on them, that they hit up the clearos subforum with a "my [x] isn't/is doing/burn/wick/draw/is leaking" post.

X P3 Flight Engineer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Moncton, N.B. Canada
Agreed, they don't hold near what they advertise.

The Mini Nova (after the wicks are saturated) only holds about 1.6 ml of juice. Both the Nova and the Mini produce LOTS of vapor and they can only do that by using more juice (nothing is for free)! Lol

I love the Vision Nova Tanks,i have a mini and the 3.5 large,i do find the larger one is rock solid in build over the mini but they vap the same,i did have a small issue with the mini as it seems like it was seeping,not leaking,it was like after 2 hours of vaping with the mini,i was feeling a slight thin film of juice on my hands,someone suggested some teflon plumbers tape on the threads but havnt tried that yet,but over all i think the nova tanks rock.

The top of the Mini goes over the outside of the plastic tube and if any liquid is in the top when it is replaced it squeezes out and down the sides of the tube. Give the tube a wipe after the top is replaced and it should be fine.

i ordered from gotvapes, so i would think it to be genuine.

Let the vendor know that there is a problem. This is not a common occurrence for the Nova. They sell Vision so they should be willing to help you fix it or they should replace it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread