MMVapors

Status
Not open for further replies.

turnforward

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2010
San Diego
Jim, I just received my Poldiac the "UMA". It's the most beautiful battery mod out there anywhere. Thank you for having that sale the other day. Now, I am a proud owner.

I noticed in the manual you suggest the higher temp plastic for sub om builds. If I don't go crazy with it, would I be able to use some .8 to .9om builds for a while, until I get the higher temp plastic for the switch?

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)
Jim, I just received my Poldiac the "UMA". It's the most beautiful battery mod out there anywhere. Thank you for having that sale the other day. Now, I am a proud owner.

I noticed in the manual you suggest the higher temp plastic for sub om builds. If I don't go crazy with it, would I be able to use some .8 to .9om builds for a while, until I get the higher temp plastic for the switch?

Yes if you don't go crazy and make sure your coil does not have hot spots you should be fine for a while around 0.8 to 0.9.

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
Wowzers, I installed the peek keeton parts and rhodium plated parts in my Poldiac this morning not thinking I would notice a difference. I noticed a big of difference though! Button is smoother and it fires with less pressure on the button now. To think such a good performer could get better is just amazing!

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
Timk
Thank you!
Vg you need mesh with less holes
200 is good.
Hey people help here!

Ok, I will try some 200. I have a little left from last experiment. Do I need to leave the fill screw out?

With peek, you will forget the cleaning pf contacts!
Rhodium over silver plated brass hits hard. Lol

You are not joking! Wow is exactly what I said to myself!

timk

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Yakima, WA, USA
Personally I always leave the fill screw in. I use 200 or 300 mesh and roll the wick around a needle to have a tiny gap in the middle (I am also lazy so I also use this gap to fill my DID again through this hole in the wick with a needle :p )

Great advice, never thought of filling through the wick, GENIUS! lol

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
This is what I'm talking about...

Silver plating intended for engineering purposes is usually employed for solderable surfaces, electrical contact characteristics, high electrical and thermal conductivity, thermocompression bonding, wear resistance of load-bearing surfaces, and spectral reflectivity.
Specification: QQ-S-365 Silver Plating, Electrodeposited (This spec has been cancelled, but is still in wide use.)
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Type-I[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Matte finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Type-II[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Semi-Bright finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Type-III[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Bright finish[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Grade[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]A[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]With supplementary tarnish-resistant treatment (chromate treatment)[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Grade[/FONT]​
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]B[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Without supplementary tarnish-resistant treatment[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]Thickensses:[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]• 0.0003"[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For articles such as terminals which are to be soldered[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]• 0.0005"[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For corrosion protection of nonferrous basis metals or for increasing the electrical conductivity of basis metals[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]• 0.0050"-0.0100"[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, Times, serif]For electrical contacts, depending on pressure, friction and electrical load[/FONT]

SPECS FOR RHODIUM

Here are the applicable specifications:

MIL-R-46085
MIL-R-46085
Copper in color and matte to a very shiny finish. Good corrosion resistance when used as undercoat. A number Of copper processes are available, each designed for a specific purpose. Brightness (to eliminate the need for buffing); High speed (for electroforming); Fine grain (to prevent case hardening); etc. Stress relief steel parts cold straightened or suspected of having residual tensile stresses having Rockwell hardness RC35 or higher will be subjected to 375° ±25°F-24 hours within 4 hours after plating. Parts with tensile strength over 120 Ksi bake 24 hours within 4 hours after plating.

Type Class Thickness Comments
Type I
Over nickel. silver, gold or platinum.
Type II
Over other metals, requires nickel undercoat.
Class 1 .000002" min Used on silver for tarnish resistance.
Class 2 .00001" min
Class 3 .00002" min Applications range from electronic to nose cones — wherever wear, corrosion resist solderability and reflectivity are important.
Class 4 .00010" min
Class 5 .00025" min

Last edited:

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)
wildwest_zpsc42842af.png

For the engraving please fill out the “Comment” field in step 4 of the checkout process. Names cannot be longer than 20 characters.

All Poldiac V1

Jim Damianidis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Greece,Athens
www.mmvapors.com
Hello everybody!
I am back home!
I was on a trip working on our new battery holder!
"Nanos" Greeklish
"Νάνος" Greek
"Dwarf" English
lol
You know why this is the name I gave!
It will be a bottom fire and he will be Short!
lol
The difference is at the button
Please!
I see that many people dont believe that I have only 3 mods from other vendors and only a kayfun and a nimbus (both gifts.Thank you Alialal)
any way my point is that all of you have many mods and my question is caliber needed to be answered,
which is the shortest bottom fire button when is open?

MiriamWTH

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2011
Tilburg (Netherlands)
Greeting All, been away for a While and I see Y'all have a new thread :D Congratulations on a New Year of new and innovative goodies Jim and Welcome to your new Home Miriam :D:D

Hope everyone is doing very very well :D
Sincerely;
Nate

Welcome in the new thread Devon, how have you been?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread